Hotel Maya, Carnival discount?

welldone60

We stayed at the Hotel Maya when we sailed the Splendor and had a discount code for Carnival. Rate was around $130 and included parking and shuttle. Does anyone know if they still offer this and the discount code if they do. I called their reservation desk (Which was the Hilton reservation for all hotels, could not find local hotel #) and they were quoting $333 per night and said they knew nothing of the Carnival discount. Last time we booked online and just entered the code.

If you find the code, make sure the description matches up

There is a code floating around here with a description of crew rate

Hotel Maya I believe has wised up now and they do check to see if you are actually a carnival crew member at check in

We took a chance and used the code and they asked for ID at check in

We couldn't get the big discount

But they were kind enough to give us some discount and comp the parking

They were really nice about the whole thing and I would certainly consider staying there again, with or without the big discount

If you find the code, make sure the description matches up

There is a code floating around here with a description of crew rate

Hotel Maya I believe has wised up now and they do check to see if you are actually a carnival crew member at check in

We took a chance and used the code and they asked for ID at check in

We couldn't get the big discount

But they were kind enough to give us some discount and comp the parking

They were really nice about the whole thing and I would certainly consider staying there again, with or without the big discount

Yea, I know they changed that one. Seems what I am finding now is they no longer have a the better rate for park and cruise.

We are booked at the Hyatt Long Beach for our April cruise. I thought it was a good price since it included parking for the week. The hotel is in a good area with some nice restaurants and shopping. $249. While not inexpensive it does include parking for up to eight nights. I believe the parking next to the cruise ship dock is $20 a day.

I've stayed at the Best Western Long Beach in the past. Hotel is nice and clean but the neighborhood is sketchy. Cars are parked underground in a locked garage which is nice. $149 can't complain about the hotel just the neighborhood.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've never stayed at Golden Sails since I'm a local. It's in a nice area of Long Beach and probably caters to Cal State LB and the VA Hospital, both nearby. Since it's in suburbia it's good that you will have a car. Belmont Shore is an upscale but rather Bohemian area with interesting shops, restaurants, and nightlife. Huntington Beach is a short drive away and so is downtown LB.

The only disadvantage is the distance to Carnival...but Uber and Lyft are cheap to get from the hotel to the ship.