Todos Santos from La Paz or Cabo

CruzinNoony

I am sure you can always cut a deal for this - taxi or renting a car. Renting a car would likely be cheaper and the highway is really good.

Todos Santos is closer to Cabo than La Paz and I also think the road is nicer between Cabo and Todos Santos as the new highway follows the ocean almost the whole way.

However, if I was on a cruise and only had several hours to pass in town, the Hotel California wouldn't be at the top of my list unless you are completely burned out from previous trips to Cabo and/or La Paz.

If it were us, we would Cabo Reserve Avis car rental at KB6 (Pueblo Bonito Rosa), get off tender asap, water taxi to Pueblo Bonito Rosa, self drive the well maintained Cabo region roads, stop by Punta Cerritos (unreal hotel visit location), and enjoy the spectacular coastal desert scenery along to Todos Santos (the scenery from La Paz is far lesser). Todos Santos is also not worth the visit otherwise.

Vice Versa, La Paz has far less to see and do, so a better logical Todos Santos departure point; and a taxi from La Paz would likely be far cheaper (Cabo taxi's seem regulated, very nice and expensive).

Punta Cerritos satellite Map Link

https://www.google.com/maps/@23.3299521,-110.177202,352m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Hotel California satellite Map Link

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+California+Todos+Santos/@23.4486592,-110.2259004,704m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x2d83819364047bfb?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to go there on your cruise...I would suggest that you do it through the ship's excursion. Because for sure you will get there and back on time and if you don't the ship will wait for you. If you do it on your own and the vehicle you are in should break down or whatever and you are late...the ship will NOT wait for you. That's JMHO.

My wife and I did this a few years ago. Seemed like it was a substantial drive. Say and hour or hour and Half. Got to tell you, although they try to tell you it is the famed "Hotel California" from the Eagles song it isn't. We had lunch and a drink there--kind of a faded place. Todos Santos however was a very historic town with museums and lots of art shops and local crafts available. There are many Americans living there and a good number of them are artists. All in all we enjoyed the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there taxis available in La Paz and/or Cabo San Lucas to take us to Todos Santos and Hotel California? Has anyone done this? The ship tour is very pricey and am wondering if there is a way to do it by taxi. :D

In 2013 we did this trip. At the time we had friends living in Todos Santos (friends that we had met on a previous cruise). We investigated rental cars, buses, and taxis. We ending up hiring Benjy Sanchez Quinonez, a taxi driver, for the day. He picked us us, drove us to Todos Santos, killed the day there, and picked us up for the return trip right on time. We don't know if he is still working there, but we would highly recommend him. At that time he charged us $200 for the day.

If you contact him, tell him Dennis and Judy recommended him.

benjytour@hotmail.com

BTW, we agree that Hotel California is not much to see, but we enjoyed the town and visit very much. We had our first jalapeno margarita there.

Edited by DennisAndJudy