Catholic Chaplain?

zorrosuncle

Do Costa cruises have a Catholic chaplain (priest)on board?

ZU

Hello Zorrosuncle.

Every Costa ship we have been on has a small chapel,as Costa is an Italian line i am presuming this is catholic. Not sure if a father will be on board at every sailing. There was when we cruised at easter time.

Happy cruising. :)

I do not think that Costa has permanent Catholic Priests onboard on all their ships.

I have seen a church service conducted by a priest / vicar (not sure) who happened to be on holiday.

Once onboard you can check with Customer Service desk if anything is planned, also check the daily program for announcements.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

We have been on several Costa cruises and on three different ships. All had lovely little chapels.

I have to say that even on Days of Obligation, we never encountered any sign of mass onboard (we did come across a Jewish service one time).

Considering the number of Italians and Spanish onboard and the size of the chapel, it would probably be impossible to hold mass in a tiny chapel........

When in port, there are often nearby very many lovely churches to visit for mass.

The onboard chapels are very beautiful and it is wonderful that they are provided for private use.

• 2 months later...

I did a TA on the Costa Favolosa April1st to 14th. There is a Catholic chapel on board with Holy Water and statue of Our Lady at the entrance. We had a priest on board. The first day Mass was held in the chapel but standing room only and the next day was moved to a lounge. Mass was held at 10 am daily. My last night on the ship was Holy Thursday and Mass was held at 5pm in the theatre. There were a lot of French speakers on board and the Italian priest did his best to speak French.