K'dam solo cabin recommendations wanted

NCTribeFan

I have a birthday cruise booked for this fall on Carnival, but I received a "private sale" offer from HAL the other day and am considering changing my plans.

On Carnival, I have to pay 200% as a solo, which I don't particularly enjoy. But they do have a cabin class with upper/lower sleeping, which is their lowest price cabins and works just fine when sailing solo. At 200%, I need to go with the cheapest cabin I can.

I don't believe HAL has this cabin category, do they? I haven't found it on any of the deck plans.

So, my question for you seasoned HAL cruisers is, which cabin would you choose if you want your cabin fare to be as little as possible so your vacation budget can go toward excursions, adult beverages, and donations at the roulette wheel?

On Zuiderdam in January, I had one of those great, square-ish inside cabins on Main (J1049), but I don't see them on K-dam. Well, there are 4 on Main but they aren't available on the date I want.

There are two mid-ship on other decks just behind the elevators. Haven't check availability on those yet. Wondering about mechanical noise. I had a cabin once that was against the back of an elevator and heard it all night going up and down and up and down. :(

I'd like to call my HAL guy later today, so any quick responses are appreciated!

I have a birthday cruise booked for this fall on Carnival, but I received a "private sale" offer from HAL the other day and am considering changing my plans.

On Carnival, I have to pay 200% as a solo, which I don't particularly enjoy. But they do have a cabin class with upper/lower sleeping, which is their lowest price cabins and works just fine when sailing solo. At 200%, I need to go with the cheapest cabin I can.

I don't believe HAL has this cabin category, do they? I haven't found it on any of the deck plans.

So, my question for you seasoned HAL cruisers is, which cabin would you choose if you want your cabin fare to be as little as possible so your vacation budget can go toward excursions, adult beverages, and donations at the roulette wheel?

On Zuiderdam in January, I had one of those great, square-ish inside cabins on Main (J1049), but I don't see them on K-dam. Well, there are 4 on Main but they aren't available on the date I want.

There are two mid-ship on other decks just behind the elevators. Haven't check availability on those yet. Wondering about mechanical noise. I had a cabin once that was against the back of an elevator and heard it all night going up and down and up and down. :(

I'd like to call my HAL guy later today, so any quick responses are appreciated!

Koningsdam is the only HAL ship (so far) that has solo cabins. They are located on the Main Deck all the way forward. They are a nice size and generally offer a discount over being a solo in a regular cabin. The cabins do get bigger away from the bow. I was in 1012 and found it comfortable. They are also very close to Billboard, Lincoln Center and the Main Stage -- just one deck up, and the Crows Nest. I wasn't bothered by noise but YMMV.

Koningsdam is the only HAL ship (so far) that has solo cabins.

The Prinsendam also has solo cabins---two outside, and one inside.

However, the per diem on this ship is probably more than the OP is looking to pay.

The Prinsendam also has solo cabins---two outside, and one inside.

However, the per diem on this ship is probably more than the OP is looking to pay.

Sorry, Ruth, forgot about those three cabins on the Prinsendam, didn't have one of them.

I hadn't looked for solo OVs! But I don't think I'm willing to pay more just for a solo cabin. Besides, I really love those nice, dark inside cabins. It's the only time I can sleep in a little. I typically wake as soon as it starts to get light, no matter how hard I try to block it out!

It doesn't appear that spa cabins actually give much in the way of perks. Carnival's cost quite a bit more than the standard cabins but you get access to the thermal suites.

Anyone know if the K'dam spa cabins at least get you a discount on the thermal suite package? Or what the cost is the an 11-night sailing for one person?