veendam cancellation of amazon cruise

snoopyud

I have a client on this cruise and they aren't sending an email and doing nothing else.

It seems you forgot to mention they are offering $500 or $1000 to move to another sailing and if the new cruise is LONGER (most folks that booked this wouldn't want to switch to a 7-10 day Caribbean I would imagine) they are offering a per diem in discounts as I understand it for the additional days beyond the first.

I thought so :)

We consider most future cruise schedules that are more then a year in advance....advisory rather then real. Accordingly we seldom book cruises more then a year in advance...and actually prefer to wait until the last minute...except for tried and true HAL itineraries such as their Grand Med, VOV, etc. Not only do you have to deal with itinerary changes....but HAL (and other cruise lines) also have a nasty habit of chartering a ship....or packing it with a single large group. We see little advantage to booking far in advance.

Hank

Our 11 day April 9, 2018 on Veendam was cancelled and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. But I can understand HAL wanting to break into the Cuba market.

We are currently working with our PCC to find something else around this time frame. They have offered $100. pp OBC to book something else - then I see here $500. To $1000. Really? We were booked in a Vista Suite. Is he low balling us??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a client on this cruise and they aren't sending an email and doing nothing else.

It seems you forgot to mention they are offering $500 or $1000 to move to another sailing and if the new cruise is LONGER (most folks that booked this wouldn't want to switch to a 7-10 day Caribbean I would imagine) they are offering a per diem in discounts as I understand it for the additional days beyond the first.

We were not offered anything to move to another sailing. Nothing. After inquiring, we were advised they would reimburse for flight changes; but it's given in shipboard credits. We booked this cruise early because it was over Christmas and New Years. We also had to book flights early because they are over the Christmas holiday.