2019 HAL World Cruise Fares & Itinerary

Roz

I posted this question in the World Cruises forum, but thought I'd post it here too. The 2018 HAL World Cruise is sold out. Does anyone know when the 2019 itinerary and fares will be published and available for booking?

Roz

Thanks, Tampa Girl. I see you posting a lot in the World Cruise forum. I won't be able to do a WC until 2021 at the earliest, but I'm trying to keep up with prices and itineraries, plus learn from others' experiences.

Roz

Hi Roz,

I have been posting on the World Cruise board, but its mostly for info in case the 2018 Grand Asia does not come through or my cat is still stubbornly around. Can't leave her for 80 - 120 days.

I'm not interested in HAL's 2019 cruise because Japan and China are musts for me. One poster on that board made a good suggestion that when determining which cruise line's world cruise to take, is to make a bullet point list of the "must-do" and which ports are so-so. When the so-so's pass 50%, scratch that cruise.

I have been looking at Cunard's 2019 WC in the event that we can't take the 2018 Grand Asia. A major drawback of Cunard, to me, is the size of their balcony cabins. Nonetheless, it's fun and informative to plan ahead. There was a wonderful blog of the 2016 HAL WC by a poster, providing such basic info as overall cost of a WC, what to take, etc., etc. Perhaps other posters here will have that link to post. I will check my bookmarks as well.

Happy planning!

A preliminary itinerary was distributed on the 2017 WC, I am traveling so I can't post it but maybe some else can. It goes south to, western South America and then west to Easter island, NZ, Australia then its about like the 2017 WC until it clears the Med and turns north to

Norway and has a stop in Bermuda on the way back. The pricing comment was that it would be similar to 2018.

Thanks to both of you for the additional info. I saw on the World Cruise forum that there are people who put a deposit down on the 2019 HAL WC so that they can put down a real deposit. It sounds like you have to get in a line so you can get in another line and still not get what you want. :confused:

Roz

Hi Roz,

I have been posting on the World Cruise board, but its mostly for info in case the 2018 Grand Asia does not come through or my cat is still stubbornly around. Can't leave her for 80 - 120 days.

I'm not interested in HAL's 2019 cruise because Japan and China are musts for me. One poster on that board made a good suggestion that when determining which cruise line's world cruise to take, is to make a bullet point list of the "must-do" and which ports are so-so. When the so-so's pass 50%, scratch that cruise.

I have been looking at Cunard's 2019 WC in the event that we can't take the 2018 Grand Asia. A major drawback of Cunard, to me, is the size of their balcony cabins. Nonetheless, it's fun and informative to plan ahead. There was a wonderful blog of the 2016 HAL WC by a poster, providing such basic info as overall cost of a WC, what to take, etc., etc. Perhaps other posters here will have that link to post. I will check my bookmarks as well.

Happy planning!

I think that the blog you are looking for is the Inside Cabin starting at page 4 of the blog. http://www.theinsidecabin.com/?paged=4. I followed this blog and found it useful. He has a post on page 2 or 3 on how to save on internet charges if that interests you.

I posted this question in the World Cruises forum, but thought I'd post it here too. The 2018 HAL World Cruise is sold out. Does anyone know when the 2019 itinerary and fares will be published and available for booking?

Roz

If you pick the box to show "sold out" cruises, you can see the itinerary for 2018.

I've read that on the '18, '19 WC roll calls that almost 800 folks have done the $100 preliminary deposit for the 2019 WC already (over 1 1/2 year out !).

My goodness. As a past business person I would possibly adjust the HAL WC possibilities for future sailings.

If I we're HAL I'd either use a larger ship (e.g. Rotterdam, Oosterdam) or, perhaps, use two smaller ships with different itineraries (e.g. the Amsterdam for a traditional sailing &, say, an updated Veendam / Volendam for a more exotic itinerary or visa versa) to accommodate the obvious demand.

JMHO.

Be well.

Bob:)

I've read that on the '18, '19 WC roll calls that almost 800 folks have done the $100 preliminary deposit for the 2019 WC already (over 1 1/2 year out !).

My goodness. As a past business person I would possibly adjust the HAL WC possibilities for future sailings.

If I we're HAL I'd either use a larger ship (e.g. Rotterdam, Oosterdam) or, perhaps, use two smaller ships with different itineraries (e.g. the Amsterdam for a traditional sailing &, say, an updated Veendam / Volendam for a more exotic itinerary or visa versa) to accommodate the obvious demand.

JMHO.

Be well.

Bob:)

I don't believe they have received that many for the 2019 WC. When the itinerary was released on the 2017 WC, the response was somewhat luke warm.

We have put a deposit down which allows you to get a preference on your room.

If I remember correctly, I seem to recall the Rotterdam and the Amsterdam are pretty close to the same size.

Scott & Karen

They are sister ships so yes, they are almost identical. There was talk about using another ship but understand that a significant portion of those booking the WC are repeater WC's. They don't take to change very well so a change to an Vista class would probably not be welcome.

They are sister ships so yes, they are almost identical. There was talk about using another ship but understand that a significant portion of those booking the WC are repeater WC's. They don't take to change very well so a change to an Vista class would probably not be welcome.

Probably, and with good reason. The cabins on the R class are larger than the Vista ships. When you are considering a four-month cruise, size is significant. Also, the smaller ships are able to get into ports not accessible to the Vista ships.

As someone has pointed out, these itineraries may be tentatively, at least, set years in advance. HAL can't take a chance that one itinerary will sell out the ship, and another itinerary will leave the leave the pier with many unsold cabins. That doesn't make good business sense.

Probably, and with good reason. The cabins on the R class are larger than the Vista ships. When you are considering a four-month cruise, size is significant. Also, the smaller ships are able to get into ports not accessible to the Vista ships.

As someone has pointed out, these itineraries may be tentatively, at least, set years in advance. HAL can't take a chance that one itinerary will sell out the ship, and another itinerary will leave the leave the pier with many unsold cabins. That doesn't make good business sense.

Unlike many others, I would much prefer the Rotterdam as I suffer from SAS and therefore need light. I cannot afford a Vista on an R class (except as a bargain upsell), but a Lanai is an acceptable compromise for a long cruise.

Unlike many others, I would much prefer the Rotterdam as I suffer from SAS and therefore need light. I cannot afford a Vista on an R class (except as a bargain upsell), but a Lanai is an acceptable compromise for a long cruise.

Are the lanai cabins less expensive than the Vista suites on the Rotterdam? And does the Amsterdam not have lanai cabins?

And does the Amsterdam not have lanai cabins?

No, the Amsterdam does not have lanai cabins.

As far as I know, the only ships with lanai cabins are the Veendam (first ship with them), the Rotterdam (second ship), and the Maasdam (last one before HAL changed their minds).

I know the Veendam has a great many lanais, and the Maasdam significantly fewer. I have sailed both ships after the conversion. I don't know where the Rotterdam fits in as far as number of lanai cabins goes.