ms Zaandam in Juneau May 25, 2017

Scrapnana

Zaandam has an early arrival and departure on Thursday. She is scheduled to arrive at 0800 and depart at 1800. We should have four hours of decent viewing (hopefully webcam person will be awake and on the job!) before the CT dock is obscured.

Also in port are Seabourn Sojourn (1200-2300) at the AS dock and Carnival Legend (1400-2300) at the FKL dock.

Not a great weather forecast with a 60% chance of rain and a high of 52F/11C and a low of 42F/6C. Sunrise will be at 4:11am and sunset at 9:36 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I'm not having a good day today. I thought my computer was crashing yesterday, and although I was able to re-open it today, I decided I'd better back everything up before I start fooling around with it again. So I went to Tapatalk, and tried to post from there on my iPad, but it kicked me out when I guess I added too many photos, so here I am on Cruise Critic instead. And I managed to open the webcam too!

We enjoyed ms. Zaandam. I wonder who is on board. I think the CD was changing to Jordan, who was "backup" CD when we were on her. I think one of our room stewards, Putu, was leaving in Vancouver, too, but I'm not sure if it was before or after the Alaska season. He was excited about going home to see his 6-year-old daughter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here comes the rain.

And how! Sojourn about to round the tip of Douglas Island and enter the Gastineau Channel. If I read things right I think Zaandam got shifted to the Alaska Steamship Dock. I was wondering if we would get a peek at the Zaandam around Sojourn's 83-foot beam but I guess we won't find out.

Roy

Wonder why Zaandam got switched to the AS dock??? The schedule still shows her at CT. Well, what ever the reason at least we get a better look of Z although the raindrops are doing their best to obliterate her.:mad:

Ann, if you think there are a lot of seagulls today you should have been here yesterday. I assume Jordan will be on board for a while having just started about a month ago. Ryan will probably go on vacation after a couple of cruises.

Roy