Pinnacle - lunch menu same as dinner?

jmpiterniak

Curious on this as we are trying to pack in as many experiences as possible during our 7 days on the Noordam during our cruise tour. Don't want to commit to PG during a port day...understand Friday is the MDR gala...was thinking Friday lunch for Pinnacle. Is the menu the same at lunch as dinner? Please advise, thanks!

JoAnne:cool:

The PG menus are completely different for lunch and dinner. The lunch menu includes a great burger, salads, etc. I'm sure someone posted one somewhere. We try to do PG for lunch at least twice a week.

Dennis

Try doing a Google or Bing search for:

pinnacle grill lunch menu Holland America

You should find a few results. Look for something posted in the last year or so because the menu changed in 2016 (I think.)

Looking at the menu , I'm wondering if the French press coffee and espresso are included in the $10 ?

Also how do you book it . At the Pinnacle or at customer service ?

thanks

the French press coffee and espresso are included in the price. I have never had reservations for lunch, just walked up.

Lunch is great and well worth the money IMO. Only problem is that it is only offered on sea days plus it fills up quickly.

Is this really true? Seems strange to have it open for only 2 lunches on a 7 day cruise. And one of those sea days will be a Gala evening. Wouldn't want to eat in PG for lunch and then Gala dinner same day.

Is this really true? Seems strange to have it open for only 2 lunches on a 7 day cruise. And one of those sea days will be a Gala evening. Wouldn't want to eat in PG for lunch and then Gala dinner same day.

A review of my extensive On Locations revealed that the PG is open for lunch every day in Alaska to include all ports. In the Caribbean, it is open is some ports (Curacao and Panama Canal) on the Panama Canal cruise but closed most other port days.

Of course others may have different experiences on their cruises.

PG was open for lunch on some of our port days on our last cruise (and not on some port days).

PG is never open for lunch on embarkation day nor on days when the ship calls at HMC.

PG was open for lunch on some of our port days on our last cruise (and not on some port days).

PG is never open for lunch on embarkation day nor on days when the ship calls at HMC.

I stand corrected. Our last couple of cruises were in the Caribbean, so thats where I got the idea of it being closed on port days.

Thanks all. We're doing Alaska from Vancouver so hopefully it will be open several days. We've already booked PG for dinner one night and our TA arranged with HAL to give us a lunch so guess we'll see what day they've given us when we get to our room. Presumably we can try to make a change if there's a conflict with that, Gala nights and the one day we have an excursion booked mid-day.

I have breakfast there every morning, but it seems I'm usually in swim trunks at lunchtime so we haven't had lunch there. After reading the menu that could change. What hours do they serve lunch?

According to my stack o' programs, it's usually the same hours as the MDR lunch. On our Eurodam cruise in December, the Pinnacle did not show as open for lunch on the daily program. However, it did show as open for lunch on the interactive TV. (Whenever I'm looking for something to do on a cruise, I hate to look at a piece of paper that I can carry in my pocket. I much prefer running back to the room, firing up the TV, and wading through several levels of on screen menus. I can hardly wait until there's app for flushing the toilet or setting the water temperature in the shower. Can't get enough technology!)

Here are the daily programs. Note the lack of Pinnacle hours.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/0f6a41b2-c8af-461f-bc15-eb94ebd802e0/faad13719bd0ffe54f83f886bd0955b6

We had the lunch and a dinner in the PG on the same day. We always skip Gala dinners and rarely dine in the MDR.