Halloween on a Transatlantic

Gracie115

On the Reflection last year there were very few passengers in costume. The atrium of ship was decorated and a number of the 3 stripe officers were in costume. We were in Luminae and no decorations or costumes that I recall in Luminae.

We were on Equinox last fall. There was a fabulous parade in the atrium...many pax and crew participated. After the parade, a best, funniest, etc. contest...then a great party in the atrium...tons of fun. Enjoy!

So we will be on the Equinox over Halloween this year...does anyone know if Celebrity will throw a costume party or any kind of party for Halloween. Thanks for any help!

We've been on two and there is a big party in the evening and surprisingly (to me) a whole lot of adults bring costumes and dress up. It was interesting to see. It's a minority of people who dress up in costume but they are there. Some even wear things all day long, even in port if it's a port day.

There was some kind of costume contest too - for different categories. There are also some people who decorate their doors. Not too many, but there are some.

Like krb1000 said, there were lots of folks in costumes and a very large party last year on the Equinox. I was amazed at how many people went all out for it. Be prepared for a show and get your spot early if you want to watch the parade, since it will be packed on all floors looking down to the atrium.

I've only been on one cruise that was over Halloween. It was on Explorer of the Seas on a cruise to Bermuda. A lot of the ships crew were in costume as well as most of the kids and young adults on board. The atrium was decorated. Some adult passengers, including our party of 4 dressed in costume. My brother won a prize for his costume. We had a blast participating in the parade and the party afterwards.

We're on one for the Eclipses TA.. Better take my dark eyeliner and shadow...

I better tell the wife as well ;)

Hoping for a fun night.. I take it candle lit pumpkins and random cabin trick and treating will be frowned on..

Edited by ighten

Hoping for a fun night.. I take it candle lit pumpkins and random cabin trick and treating will be frowned on..

You could probably use something that uses LED lighting rather than open flame

Edited by snowbirdrose

Thanks for the smile!

We also were on the Equinox TA last fall. I was impressed with how some folks were able to create interesting costumes from non-costume clothes with a little ingenuity.

We were also on the Century on a Halloween when the now departed Century was doing RT cruises from San Diego to Hawaii. On that particular cruise a surprising number of passengers had packed elaborate costumes. A number of folks had driven to San Diego so they weren't paying additional luggage fees to an airline.

But both times when we were onboard on Halloween the ships were nicely decorated.