Currently onboard the Reflection

ianmcleod99

:

There was a fill-a-bag offer for $45 on our Reflection cruise which finished on Friday but it wasn't offered til quite late on the cruise. It was the same standard white paper bag used for normal laundry, which we could fill as much as we liked as long as it didn't tear.

Save

Super to know that I'll not lug dirty laundry back Will pack carefully.

:D Thanks so much

Can you post your Celebrity Today dailies? We sail on Sept. 9th.

Wondering if the Lawn Club Grill Has the special "Ultimate BBQ"? I think it is only offered once per cruise, and costs around 85.00 pp. ????

Did Murano offer "Champagne High Tea" on one sea day of your cruise?

Thanks, Carol.:)

What does this Ultimate BBQ include? Seems a lot more expensive than the normal specialty dining? We are sailing 19th Sept.

Edited by Adelen

What does this Ultimate BBQ include? Seems a lot more expensive than the normal specialty dining? We are sailing 19th Sept.

I read a review for it a while back. It began with a cocktail reception on the lawn with live music. The BBQ is at the Lawn Club Grille and was hosted by the head chef (at the time it was Tato Garcia, but I am not sure if he is still on the Reflection). It was also hosted by senior officers. The menu was a little different from the regular Lawn Club menu, it seemed nicer than the regular (wonderful) Lawn Club menu. I read that it included grilled lobster tails. It was more expensive than the regular Lawn Club dinner, but with all that the evening includes, for me it is very worth the price.

Edited by carol1962

The cruise that finished last week that I was on still stopped in Kusadasi and Bodrum. We opted not to get off the ship at those ports, but from what I could tell from those that did get off, it was fine. However in Bodrum we were docked next to a Turkish Navy boat with armed soldiers that were apparently there to protect our ship. It made me nervous.

I was on this cruise and Kusadasi and Bodrum was wonderful. The few that chose not to get off of the ship missed two fantastic ports and wonderful people. The Turks that we spoke with were very upset that the media/news had given all of Turkey such a bad rep, with Istanbul being 9 hours by car from Kusadasi and even further from Bodrum. I have to admit that I was a bit shocked that the military/police presence in Turkey was far less (nonexistent) than in any other port. Not sure what to make of that. Good thing or bad thing? Either way, it felt like just another port. No worries from our end. Security was the highest, by far, in Rome. We were there for 4 days pre-cruise and there were armed soldiers all over the city, in addition to the Polizia and Carabinieri.

As far as the Turkish Navy boat, it was docked and on liberty. If it was there to protect the ship it would have been in the harbor free of attached lines. We had asked one of the Celebrity security officers and that was what they said.

I have to agree, we were in Kusadasi yesterday and it looked like most people who normally get off the ship did. We got back around 13.00 and got 4 deck chairs at the pool ( which is normally harder to find). I would go as far as say there were no obvious security and we didn't feel threatened in any way. I was talking to a few shop owners and they were telling us that over the last month the cruise ships have dropped from around 150 to just 12 which has obviously had a major impact to them. Rome was by far the greatest security presence so far with armed police and soldiers at each major attraction. We have just docked in Rhodes if anyone wants me to find out anything just let me know.

I will post the BBQ menu tomorrow from the lawn Grill get together

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as the Turkish Navy boat, it was docked and on liberty. If it was there to protect the ship it would have been in the harbor free of attached lines. We had asked one of the Celebrity security officers and that was what they said.

We were told by crew that the Navy boat was definitely there as protection for our ship. Maybe they didn't want to worry you?

Looking for ideas about Rhodes. Was thinking I would be ready for a relaxing day and was thinking about going to a beach and then walking around old town for a while on the way back. Unless there is something not to be missed!

Has anyone done the Celebrity shore excursion in Rhodes called the" Faliraki Hotel beach day"? You get beach access, sun lounger, pool access, and restroom, showers, and changing area. Still need to figure out what to do in this port!

Carol

Edited by carol1962

There's no need for an e.Visa for Kusadasi and Bodrum is there? There wasn't a requirement when we visited a few years back. However, I've read some conflicting info about changes to the requirements implemented in 2014(?). But the more reliable sources seem to indicate cruisers visiting for the day still don't need one.

Edit

Just to add...

I just received access to our X e-docs for our cruise this Oct and in the Visa requirements section, it says "Citizens from many countries, including the US and Canada, are required to secure an e-visa before leaving home unless otherwise noted."

Edited by Milhouse
Add section about X e-docs referencing e-visas for Turkey

There's no need for an e.Visa for Kusadasi and Bodrum is there? There wasn't a requirement when we visited a few years back. However, I've read some conflicting info about changes to the requirements implemented in 2014(?). But the more reliable sources seem to indicate cruisers visiting for the day still don't need one.

Edit

Just to add...

I just received access to our X e-docs for our cruise this Oct and in the Visa requirements section, it says "Citizens from many countries, including the US and Canada, are required to secure an e-visa before leaving home unless otherwise noted."

You don't need a visa if on a Cruise and it has a call in a Turkey Port. You need one if you fly in to Turkey and pick up a Cruise from there.

if the authorities think its necessary to have a military presence, is it really wise for celebrity to be docking in Turkey,

Much prefer to stop in Rhodes.

You mean like the military presence in Miami? In Fort Lauderdale? Coast Guard is in the area of the ships all day, every day we've been there.

We were told by crew that the Navy boat was definitely there as protection for our ship. Maybe they didn't want to worry you?

I think being told that the military was there "for protection" would concern me a lot more than knowing they were there on liberty.

I think being told that the military was there "for protection" would concern me a lot more than knowing they were there on liberty.

I think it's far more likely that staff really don't have the actual answers and just say whatever comes to mind to maintain conversation.

I don't rely on hardly any speculation or gossip or rumors I hear form star, many turn out to be wrong, even when allegedly heard straight from the Captain's mouth.