CRUISE REVIEW: Iceland - Island of Fire and Ice on Celebrity Eclipse

Miaminice

Finally...

„Finally on vacation again. Finally cruising with family again. Finally, we are off to Iceland!”

After months of anticipation, these were our thoughts as we were sitting in the boarding area at Hamburg airport, waiting for our flight to London. Six adventurous travelers who had long been looking forward to discovering Iceland, a country to which none of them had been before.

Here is the first half of our travelogue about yet another fabulous cruise.

Sit back, relax and travel to Iceland with us...

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

26a-IMG_5016.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and post the pictures. We have been considering cruising to Iceland. This is just super helpful to us in making the decision! Looking forward to your next installment!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been longing to see Iceland and your excellent review motivates me to make concrete plans. Your photographs are gorgeous and your commentary is excellent. Thank you so very much.

P.s. I am using your South America/round the Horn review as a road map for our upcoming trip. Your Buenos Aires photos and discussion are of tremendous help, so again, much gratitude to you.

Thank you Miaminice. Enjoying your review very much, and the photos are fantastic. May I ask about your camera ? I'm in the market for a new one. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your next installments. Enjoy !

Great review and beautiful pics.

Am eagerly awaiting next chapter....

We are doing September trip (MSC cruise out of Southampton, 7 nights..France, Germany, Belgium, and Netherlands) and then on way back to US, flying Icelandair, we are doing 3 day stopover in Iceland.

We are renting a motor home and doing the south part of Iceland. Sounds like 3 days is about right for the south coast.

We are also using smithsforairports for the trip to Southampton. Read good things about them here on CC.

Thank you all very much for your kind and encouraging words!!!

Comments such as these are the motivation to write and share travelogues.

I'll try to write the next parts as soon as possible. This review has taken unusually long for me to write. Not because the trip wasn't inspiring but because I am drowning in work since we came back... But, after all, work is what finances our cruise addiction ;)

Thanks again to you all... And hang on, there's more to come!

Oliver

Edited by Miaminice

Thank you Miaminice. Enjoying your review very much, and the photos are fantastic. May I ask about your camera ? I'm in the market for a new one. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your next installments. Enjoy !

Thank you Host Andy!

The majority of photos are taken with a Canon 70D and a 17-55mm f2.8 lens.

Some are taken by my wife using her Panasonic Lumix TZ-71.

However, even the iphone came in handy for some shots (panoramas).

BTW: Good luck for your new challenges!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been longing to see Iceland and your excellent review motivates me to make concrete plans. Your photographs are gorgeous and your commentary is excellent. Thank you so very much.

P.s. I am using your South America/round the Horn review as a road map for our upcoming trip. Your Buenos Aires photos and discussion are of tremendous help, so again, much gratitude to you.

Thank you, EagleRocker! Let me know if you need a list of all the contact information of the South America tour operators.

Thanks for sharing your blog. I'm working on our British Isles cruise next year and your photos of Saint Peter Port and Cobh/Cork are immensely helpful and inspiring. I shared with my husband who isn't a Cruise Critic member and he was very impressed with your photos as well.

JoAnn

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oliver,

Glad you are putting the link on the main Celebrity board also, so everyone can enjoy your story and great photos. I know the rest of our roll call should be enjoying the review as much as we are. I am so glad that we were blessed with such lovely weather for this cruise.

I know that work is important; but so is the review.:D

Thank you, we should have taken this cruise last year but had to cancel at last minute due to sudden health issues. The staterooms we wanted on Eclipse are fully booked for this cruise next year so we have booked to go on the Queen Elizabeth and your review has made the anticipation greater.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oliver, as with your South American trip, I have now had to add this Iceland cruise to my expanding bucket list thanks to your trip report and those superb photos of that other-worldly landscape.

I'm looking forward to more!

Tchuss!

Norris