Currently onboard the Reflection

ianmcleod99

We will be on next cruise so tell me everything you can about your port trips ; food, etc! Have[emoji857][emoji12][emoji41] a have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you post your Celebrity Today dailies? We sail on Sept. 9th.

Wondering if the Lawn Club Grill Has the special "Ultimate BBQ"? I think it is only offered once per cruise, and costs around 85.00 pp. ????

Did Murano offer "Champagne High Tea" on one sea day of your cruise?

Thanks, Carol.:)

You can also pick up sodas, bottles of water, beer from a bar as you walk past (one at a time of course) and then stash it in your mini bar for later. Ask your steward to clear out the for-purchase items if you need more room. You could also get a glass of wine or shot of liquor without ice to take with you back to the cabin, although we haven't done that. We do like having plenty of cold drinks available in our frig, however, for no additional charge.

Carol, the lawn club does offer a BBQ, were attending it in Santorini and its 70 euro if you have the premium drinks package and 89 dollar if you don't

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

Sounds like a great dinner! Interested to hear how you liked it.

The mini bar is above the premium drinks package, you pay for what you drink from it, but remember you can bring onboard 2 x bottles of wine for each state room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you buy wine in port, such as on our first stop in Sicily, can you bring it to your cabin, or do they hold it until the last night of your cruise?

Trying not to lug heavy luggage so would be most grateful to know if they give a brown paper bag which you fill up to be laundered for a fixed price during your cruise. We had coupons for this on our 2 Oct 2015 cruise a 13 nights and past cruises which were 12 nights. Will be pre-cruising 5nights in Athens to rendezvous with old pals as well as touring mainland Greece..

Many thanks :)

Trying not to lug heavy luggage so would be most grateful to know if they give a brown paper bag which you fill up to be laundered for a fixed price during your cruise. We had coupons for this on our 2 Oct 2015 cruise a 13 nights and past cruises which were 12 nights. Will be pre-cruising 5nights in Athens to rendezvous with old pals as well as touring mainland Greece..

Many thanks :)

There was a fill-a-bag offer for $45 on our Reflection cruise which finished on Friday but it wasn't offered til quite late on the cruise. It was the same standard white paper bag used for normal laundry, which we could fill as much as we liked as long as it didn't tear.

Save

Hi Ian

Out of interest, has Celebrity decided to stop at Kusadasi and Bodhrum or have they changed them for Rhodes and Sicily (as per an earlier sailing this year?)

Regards

Mike

The cruise that finished last week that I was on still stopped in Kusadasi and Bodrum. We opted not to get off the ship at those ports, but from what I could tell from those that did get off, it was fine. However in Bodrum we were docked next to a Turkish Navy boat with armed soldiers that were apparently there to protect our ship. It made me nervous.

The cruise that finished last week that I was on still stopped in Kusadasi and Bodrum. We opted not to get off the ship at those ports, but from what I could tell from those that did get off, it was fine. However in Bodrum we were docked next to a Turkish Navy boat with armed soldiers that were apparently there to protect our ship. It made me nervous.

What aprox. percentage stayed on the Ship in Kusadasi? Did you notice a marked difference as opposed to non Turkey Ports? Thanks

if the authorities think its necessary to have a military presence, is it really wise for celebrity to be docking in Turkey,

Much prefer to stop in Rhodes.

I disembarked Constellation last week. I did get off at Kusadasi and wandered around the bazaar and seafront. It was very quiet indeed, we were the only ship in that day. DH and DS always intended to remain on board as we have visited Kusadasi several times already. I understand from others that the tours (private and ship excursions) to Ephesus were fine. My impression was that the majority of pax did leave the ship though I do know of several who chose not to as they did not feel comfortable. For info, I was told by the travel concierge that X checks situation daily with 'global security'

if the authorities think its necessary to have a military presence, is it really wise for celebrity to be docking in Turkey,

Much prefer to stop in Rhodes.

So they would be aware of the bombing killing over 50 on the weekend.

From the BBC today:

"Turkey is no longer the safe destination that made it one of the world's biggest tourist draws.

France has urged its citizens to exercise great vigilance in tourist areas and the UK warns that the situation "remains potentially volatile", while pointing out that things have calmed since the attempted coup.

The US warns its citizens of "increased threats from terrorist groups throughout Turkey".

We havn't decided yet on our plans for Kusadasi but it might involve hiring a Taxi and avoiding crowded places.

I heard rumours that only 500 passengers did X shore excursions in Kusadasi from the ship, which obviously is way less than normal. We did have pre-booked tour tickets which I cancelled a few days beforehand onboard and wasn't even asked why. We stayed by the pool which wasn't really busy either day but maybe people opted to walk around the town rather than go further afield. I was suprised that we had security like below in Bodrum but nothing in Kusadasi. There were small "security" boats (smaller than pilots) nearby in Kusadasi but that was it.

This was the view when we went onto the balcony in Bodrum:

P1040236_zpslqckkdna.jpg

P1040238_zpshceju0er.jpg

I've got to be honest, I'm not sure what 2 guys with those guns could have done if someone wanted to do some damage to the ship. There were a lot more soldiers on the ship but other than when we sailed away when they waved us off, we never saw more than 3 or 4 at a time on the deck.

Edited by jael001

I heard rumours that only 500 passengers did X shore excursions in Kusadasi from the ship, which obviously is way less than normal. We did have pre-booked tour tickets which I cancelled a few days beforehand onboard and wasn't even asked why. We stayed by the pool which wasn't really busy either day but maybe people opted to walk around the town rather than go further afield. I was suprised that we had security like below in Bodrum but nothing in Kusadasi. There were small "security" boats (smaller than pilots) nearby in Kusadasi but that was it.

This was the view when we went onto the balcony in Bodrum:

P1040236_zpslqckkdna.jpg

P1040238_zpshceju0er.jpg

I've got to be honest, I'm not sure what 2 guys with those guns could have done if someone wanted to do some damage to the ship. There were a lot more soldiers on the ship but other than when we sailed away when they waved us off, we never saw more than 3 or 4 at a time on the deck.

A picture tells a thousand words, thanks.