on Reflections.

it will be the transatlantic coming back to Miami then

a week of the Caribbean.

Any ideas of what if any things they will do for the people

staying on the boat ??/

lunch or anything ??/

thanks

Brockmom

You will get instructions in your cabin, regarding the b2b procedure. You'll have to disembark (possibly as a b2b group), go through immigration and customs, and then you'll be given a new Seapass card. We've had lunch as a group on past b2b cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a previous B2B we had to assemble in the theatre if not going ashore and had to wait in the Theatre until such time as the ship was cleared for reboarding. We were given our new seapasses the night before in case we wished to go ashore. Those that went ashore were exempt customs and treated the port just like any other. But as already been said those on B2B will be advised what the ship wants you to do

As others have said you will get info on the B2B procedures near the end of the cruise. Whether or not there will be a lunch or anything else is hard to know.

We have done a number of B2Bs never had a lunch but on our last B2B they did offer a BOGO to the B2B crowd (1100 of us:eek:) for a speciality restaurant on the 2nd leg and same for Bistro on 5.

Helloooo.

doing a bucket list item ...lol....our first back to back

on Reflections.

a week of the Caribbean.

staying on the boat ??/

lunch or anything ??/

thanks

Brockmom

In Miami all passengers will have to leave the ship before anyone can re-board . The USCBP requires that the ship be zeroed out before boarding can start. You'll have to take your passport , customs declaration and be see by a customs/immigration officer. Make sure you have your US visa if required .

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruise series. We've experienced between 12 to just over 500 B2B passengers between legs. I always find it interesting when folks feel the need to describe in detail what happened on their particular turnaround day, as the procedures vary greatly, even on the same ship with the same staff handling the process.

But I will add just a few additional comments. First, when the other passengers receive their disembarkation packets the B2B folks will (generally) receive a succinct letter of instructions outlining the process (sometimes the letter is distributed at a meeting for B2B passengers). The B2B packet will include a transit pass which is of great use for those wishing to leave the ship for the day. Also be aware that unused internet minutes and so forth will not carry-over to the next leg. We have rarely been issued a new seapass card for the next leg until the actually turnaround day. Where you will obtain the new seapass card may be determined as to whether you leave the ship for the day as you may receive it at the pier coordinator's desk in the cruise terminal. Whether or not there is a special lunch for B2B passengers seems to vary but does seem to be happening more frequently lately; if there is a B2B lunch we have either been given vouchers to the old Bistro on 5 (TeaBag has noted the uncertainly with the changes to Bistro) or been included in the concierge class embarkation lunch in the MDR. We have never been provided with a coupon for a bag of laundry, but are Elite+ so already receive two laundry coupons each per sailing.

I think you have all the facts...What I would do is encourage you to enjoy the experience.

Towards the end of the last evening, first cruise, enjoy another leisurely drink as others around you have to go back to their cabins to put out their cases (try not to look too smug!).

Next morning, look over your balcony at the ant people below scurrying to cars, planes. Quietly sit and smile and remember you have another full cruise holiday ahead!

Finally go down to breakfast, enjoy it leisurely, wish follow cruisers a 'safe journey home'.

Seriously only ever done a B2B once and really enjoyed the experience, hope you have a great cruise!

We did a B2B on Reflection last December. On the third day or so of the cruise, when you receive the letter asking about your debarkation plans (once I got it on day 2 of an 11 day cruise, bummer!!) there will be an option to check Repeat Cruiser or some such indicating you are doing the following cruise. We received notification of a meeting all B2Bers needed to go to one morning in one of the conference rooms. We've done B2Bs in the past and never had a meeting. Also in the past we were given our new cards off the ship before we reboarded. This last time we were given our new cards as we waited in the Passport Lounge before we debarked the ship and went through Immigration. There was an invitation to lunch in the MDR for the B2Bers. If you haven't received any notification about debarking by the third to last day of the cruise, go to Guest Services and tell them you are staying on.

The B2B's I mentioned in post #6 were both on the Millennium repositioning from Asia to Vancouver. In over 20 cruises I have never seen a meeting like this. We had it in the Sky lounge. As we filed in, we got our envelopes with the coupons and instructions. Pastries and coffee provided. Dee (Captain's Club Hostess) hosted the meeting and answered any questions people had etc. There were some officers there also, thanking us for our loyalty. It was very well done, kudos to Celebrity. I hope they do it that way more. Of course, there were a lot of us, necessitating the larger venue.

Helloooo.

doing a bucket list item ...lol....our first back to back

on Reflections.

a week of the Caribbean.

staying on the boat ??/

lunch or anything ??/

thanks

Brockmom

Enjoy your B2B Cruise. We really like them. The ship you're sailing on will provide you with all the details you will need for turn around day. Just roll with the flow.

• 4 months later...

While the cabin stewards will deal with moving your suitcases and items on hangers, remember that they will not move the contents of your room safe.

There may or may not be a meeting for the B2B passengers, but you will receive a succinct instruction letter prior to turnaround day. If you have any questions contact Guest Relations for clarification.

We just completed a B2B on Silhouette. In addition to a $50 credit against the cruise fare on each leg, on the 2nd cruise we received:

an invitation to lunch in the MDR on embarkation

a coupon for some laundry

some additional internet time

a special spa offer

10% discount on shore excursions booked on board

That happened to me . . . I was Select the first leg, and Elite the next. On a non busy time, I just double checked things at Guest Services to make sure they knew. They did. When I got my 2nd Sea Pass Card . . . . I was ELITE! I really enjoyed doing a b2b.

As has been suggested make contact with the CC host on the first leg to ensure the changeover goes through smoothly. The determination is done in Miami so it is not uncommon for a B2B change in status to be overlooked but will be quickly rectified if it is.

If you are SELECT on one leg of the B2B but ELITE on the second leg, do they recognize the new status?

We just mentioned it to the CC hostess near the beginning of our first cruise, and she took care of everything.

Our new seapass cards for the second cruise said elite on them.

When we entered our new cabin as soon as the rooms were ready on the turnaround day, the elite coupons and invitation schedule were already on the bed waiting for us.

The timing and location of receiving our new seapass cards has varied from cruise to cruise.

Sometimes we received the new cards the night before, and other times not until the day of.

Some turnaround day procedures have gone very quickly and smoothly, while others were an inefficient mess where the people in charge appeared not to know what they were doing.

Either way, we just go with the flow.

In any case, if you are changing cabins I strongly suggest that you contact the stateroom attendant (or butler) of your new cabin in advance and ask him/her to call your old cabin and leave you a voicemail message on the turnaround morning to let you know when the previous occupants have left.

That way you can transfer the contents of your safe from your old cabin to the new one, and have it all safely locked away before the turnaround procedure begins so that you don't need to carry your valuables around with you that day.

Even though your new room will not be ready yet, you can get in to access the safe as soon as the previous occupants leave.