copenhagen post cruie question norweigian getwaway

To maximize your time in Copenhagen, I would do self-assist and get off the ship as early as possible.

Then the problem is your luggage. You could either store it at the train station or use a Dropnlocal location.

Once you've deposited the luggage, you've can choose what you want to do for a few hours before it's time to retrieve your luggage and head to the airport. (Assuming you are flying back to the States, you will want to be at the airport by 3:30 pm.)

One suggestion is the excellent 3-hour walking tour like we did with Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. That tour runs from 11am to 2pm. You'll get a great overview of the city itself and a lot of info about the history, politics, culture, etc of the Danish people.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/luggage-storage

https://dropnlocal.com/left-luggage-service/

http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/index.html

• 1 month later...

Thanks GradUT & Chocolate Teapot for the info and the great links. My husband and I are also traveling on the Getaway with a 4:30 flight to Amsterdam and the darn luggage is the only thing holding us back. Even though we are using carryon - wheeling them through the streets of Copenhagen does not seem appealing. Cost of a private tour was $360 which was more than we would prefer.

zocko123 - would love to meet up during cruise to exchange ideas.

As suggested, head for the central station and place your luggage there.

Then you could join the "free" walking tour from nearby city hall square or head for Tivoli or walk along Strøget.

Also very close to the central station is Glyptoteket or the national museum where you can spend a few hours.

We took a taxi to the train station and stored our luggage. We then walked around and took in a museum before heading to the airport around 1pm. The train is nonstop to the airport once you collect bags. A 630p flight would give you almost a full day if you disembarked early

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took a taxi to the train station and stored our luggage. We then walked around and took in a museum before heading to the airport around 1pm. The train is nonstop to the airport once you collect bags. A 630p flight would give you almost a full day if you disembarked early

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How much does it cost to store luggage? We,will be arriving in Copenhagen too early to check-in at our hotel. It would be nice to store our luggage while we find a place for lunch.

How much does it cost to store luggage? We,will be arriving in Copenhagen too early to check-in at our hotel. It would be nice to store our luggage while we find a place for lunch.

I am sure your hotel will be able to store your luggage, even though they can't check you in at that early hour. Perhaps check with the hotel directly.

At the central station, you can store luggage at the following prices:

Small BoxKr. 65,- pr. 24 hoursLarge boxKr. 75,- pr. 24 hours

I am sure your hotel will be able to store your luggage, even though they can't check you in at that early hour. Perhaps check with the hotel directly.

At the central station, you can store luggage at the following prices:

Small BoxKr. 65,- pr. 24 hoursLarge boxKr. 75,- pr. 24 hours

Thanks is for the information. We are staying at the Wakeup Bogergade. They have storage lockers but I have been told that they are not very large. We have large suitcases. We will probably try the large boxes at the station.