Dressiness at Night?

cruisin'sz

We will be taking an NCL cruise of the Baltic this summer. We have begun thinking about packing (yes, its quite early) and were wondering how dressy the ship is in the evening. Typically, on cruises (at least Caribbean ones), we shower/change for dinner after spending all day in the sun/heat. Being that this is a cold water port, we were wondering if most people dress up at night, or just come to dinner as is. Yes, this is a silly question, just trying to limit the packing somewhat if at all possible. Thanks for the feedback.

We will be taking an NCL cruise of the Baltic this summer. We have begun thinking about packing (yes' date=' its quite early) and were wondering how dressy the ship is in the evening. Typically, on cruises (at least Caribbean ones), we shower/change for dinner after spending all day in the sun/heat. Being that this is a cold water port, we were wondering if most people dress up at night, or just come to dinner as is. Yes, this is a silly question, just trying to limit the packing somewhat if at all possible. Thanks for the feedback.[/quote']

There may be cruisers with NCL experience on this board, but the best place to ask your question is on the NCL board itself.

Here's the link to that board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

• 1 month later...

NCL is not as dressy since they instituted Freestyle Cruising. A nice pair of black pants and a dressy top is all you would need to go anywhere on the ship. For him, slacks and collared shirt. I wouldn't wear sneakers, but nice rubber soled shoes are ok.

We consistently sail NCL. We are platinum+. Love to sail the cooler weather cruises, Alaska, (eastern) Canada/New England, etc. We always feel quite comfortable in jeans or slacks, and sweaters/fleece in the cooler climates. No need to overpack with dress clothes, unless you want to take special photos. Be comfortable and enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on a Baltic cruise end of May and I plan to wear whatever I wear during the day also at night. I do plan on bringing a couple of dress up outfits for pics, but if i bring a different outfit for 9 nights I'll really be overpacked!