Copenhagen..taxi costs?

beannie

Any ideas on how much a taxi cost would be to the downtown area from the airport? Also to the port? Not sure if I want to use Princess Hotels or book one myself. If I use Princess, they provide transportation.

We used the train; however, the first page of this thread has links http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327188 to taxi info. Copenhagen does use Uber.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

If you can handle your own bags, taking public transporation is an easy and inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the city and to the port. That's how we did it last year. The cost of public transport from the airport to the city is 36 DKK and the cost from the city to the port is 24 DKK. A taxi is approximately 10 times those amounts.

• 2 weeks later...
If you can handle your own bags, taking public transporation is an easy and inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the city and to the port. That's how we did it last year. The cost of public transport from the airport to the city is 36 DKK and the cost from the city to the port is 24 DKK. A taxi is approximately 10 times those amounts.

Is there plenty of room on the train/metro for two pieces of luggage each?

Where are they stored or are they with you?

While you might be able to manage 2 pieces of luggage per person on the Metro, you definitely could not do it on the bus. There is no storage space for luggage on either Metro or bus. You have to keep it with you. (Metro has more open space than the buses do, which is why you might be able to travel with 2 pieces of luggage there.)

We each traveled with just one carry-on bag + a daypack. That is the most I would attempt to handle on public transportation.

Edited by GradUT

I just arranged private transfers for 4 of us with luggage in a Minibus from the airport to our rental in Copenhagen for $153 and from the rental to the port for $145. It is a company called Travelbound, though I believe you have to book it through a TA.

They are a reliable company for transfers, hotels and tours

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if you can handle your own bags, taking public transporation is an easy and inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the city and to the port. That's how we did it last year. The cost of public transport from the airport to the city is 36 dkk and the cost from the city to the port is 24 dkk. A taxi is approximately 10 times those amounts.

just a question on the train to the port. I understood that the train does not stop near the pier. Is this true? If so, how do you then get to the ship?

If you are going to Oceankaj, the Metro does not go there. You would take Metro to either Osterport or Norreport Stations and then take a bus. You can read details on the "Wonderful Copenhagen 2016" thread by Danish Viking.

If you are going to Oceankaj, the Metro does not go there. You would take Metro to either Osterport or Norreport Stations and then take a bus. You can read details on the "Wonderful Copenhagen 2016" thread by Danish Viking.

In October 2014, we got tired of waiting for the proper bus and took the METRO to one of those stations closest to the port. We had a substantial walk to the ship. What made the walk quite an effort was that we had strong head winds blowing in our faces the entire way. Also, we had spent the day walking around the city and by the time we reached the ship, we were exhausted. DW and I are active people, cycling or walking, but the walk from the Metro may be a couple of miles or more.

First of all, the metro doesn't go anywhere near the cruise terminal.

You guys are probably thinking of the S-train that goes to Nordhavn station

But Nordhavn is easily a 40-60 minutes walk away from Oceankaj.

But when the city circle line opens in 2019 there will be a metro station at both Nordhavn and also Orientkaj a little bit further out.

But this will first be in the 2020 cruise season.

Orientkaj station will probably be a 20-30 minute walk away from Oceankaj but there will probably be shuttle busses between Orientkaj Station and Oceankaj.

The plan is to extend the M4 metro out to Oceankaj but a date for that extension hasn't been set yet.

In October 2014, we got tired of waiting for the proper bus and took the METRO to one of those stations closest to the port. We had a substantial walk to the ship. What made the walk quite an effort was that we had strong head winds blowing in our faces the entire way. Also, we had spent the day walking around the city and by the time we reached the ship, we were exhausted. DW and I are active people, cycling or walking, but the walk from the Metro may be a couple of miles or more.

YIKES! Not interested in that "hike"! Will probably just get a taxi from the hotel (Comfort Verterbrough )

Take the public buses in Copenhagen !

They are incredibly affordable, the routes are very practical, and you don't wait long at all for the next bus ! The drivers are super helpful, and you can buy the day pass when you board the bus.

When we got off the ship, we walked to see the Little Mermaid (not far), then walked a bit more to get to the closest bus station (not far), then got off right at Tivoli Gardens...explored Tivoli...then took the bus again to the Carlsberg brewery...took the tour...had lunch at the brewery...then took the bus back to the ship.

It was a really fun day !

:)

Take the public buses in Copenhagen !

They are incredibly affordable, the routes are very practical, and you don't wait long at all for the next bus ! The drivers are super helpful, and you can buy the day pass when you board the bus.

When we got off the ship, we walked to see the Little Mermaid (not far), then walked a bit more to get to the closest bus station (not far), then got off right at Tivoli Gardens...explored Tivoli...then took the bus again to the Carlsberg brewery...took the tour...had lunch at the brewery...then took the bus back to the ship.

It was a really fun day !

:)

We will be heading to the ship with 2 pieces of luggage each. Understood that there was not much room on the buses for luggage.

We will be heading to the ship with 2 pieces of luggage each. Understood that there was not much room on the buses for luggage.

There isn't enough room on a bus for two pieces of luggage, but without luggage (or just 1 piece of luggage), taking the bus is cheap an easy. As p_mori says, the drivers are super helpful and friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

As my husband is nervous about missing the ship, we always spend the previous night in the city of departure. For Copenhagen, I checked the ship's members roll call and found another couple staying in the same hotel. Sharing a cab to the port cost us 24 USD per couple. Since it was raining and cold, we considered that money well spent.

I'm not sure if the Copenhagen taxi wanted local currency since we just paid our half to the other couple in US dollars. However, we never got any foreign currency for the duration of our time in Europe, including two days in Norway and four in Iceland. Everybody took credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone know the price of a ride from the Copenhagen airport to the cruise port? Where is the taxi stand, by luggage exit? Anyone have info on a car service for a group of passengers? Thank you for your replies.

We flew into Copenhagen and cruised out. Our hotel was near the airport and a mall on the rail line from the airport into the city. We used the rail from the airport to our hotel, then took rail into the city (main train station) Cost was not bad at all.

The cruise port is on the opposite side of the city from the airport and not close to a rail station. There is a bus from the city that goes to the cruise port, but don't remember its number.

We never took a taxi in Copenhagen, since we had the rail connection and we used NCL's service from the hotel to the cruise port. However, I do recall that taxis are very expensive in Copenhagen.