Britannia

soobs

Can anyone clarify for me the dining arrangements on Britannia?

We have cruised on Ventura and Azura in the Caribbean a good few times we always dine freedom it's suits us we like the flexibility, we were able to use both the Saffron and the Cinnamon lat year which left the other (cannot remember the name) for the club dining.

Is it the same on the Britannia? Just had our cabin allocated and wondering how much walking my OH is going to have to do as we are near the front for the first time. He needs a knee replacement which we have put off until spring time.

Edited by soobs
Title

Can anyone clarify for me the dining arrangements on Britannia?

We have cruised on Ventura and Azura in the Caribbean a good few times we always dine freedom it's suits us we like the flexibility, we were able to use both the Saffron and the Cinnamon lat year which left the other (cannot remember the name) for the club dining.

Is it the same on the Britannia? Just had our cabin allocated and wondering how much walking my OH is going to have to do as we are near the front for the first time. He needs a knee replacement which we have put off until spring time.

There are 2 Freedom MDR's, Meridian and below is the Peninsular which are located near Atrium. If you are on a Saver then you can obviously get allocated either or the Oriental which is Club Dining.

Not been on Britannia yet (xmas cruise - soooo looking forward to it), but my recent experiences on Ventura have been that you are now allocated ONE of the freedom dining restaurants and you have to use that one. I've seen people turned away from one as they were allocated the other.

You are wrong 2 of the MDR midships and one is at the rear of the ship.

Pardon me. Two of the MDR - Peninsular and Meridian - are at the rear of the midship section, Horizon buffet is across midship/aft and Beach House and Oriental are at the rear of the ship. Epicurean Fine Dining is the only restaurant at the front of the ship and that has a £28 per head cover charge.

http://www.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/britannia/3/1/britannia_deckplans_2015-16.pdf

If you are at the front of the ship, the restaurants are at the rear and that involves a fair bit of walking - it is a big ship

This can happen I was in cabin L201 which is deck 16 and the most forward cabin on it. My dining allocation was Oriental restaurant on the stern at deck 6. So daily my trek was full length of ship and nine decks to ascend/descend. It should be noted that you cannot walk along deck 6 to get forward either. This situation may happen and a chosen midships cabin might suit others I was not at all bothered just saw the funny side of it.

Regards John

We were on Britannia in April and our dining card in the room only indicated one MDR for our Freedom dining. However we did use both and when talking with the MD he agreed that freedom diners can still use either.

I think P&O like you to use the freedom dining restaurant allocated to you for the first couple of nights, maybe to weed out the club diners who are trying to sneak in. After that you can use any freedom restaurant.

There are 2 Freedom MDR's, Meridian and below is the Peninsular which are located near Atrium. If you are on a Saver then you can obviously get allocated either or the Oriental which is Club Dining.

The Peninsular and Meridian are entered just off the Atrium. The Oriental is at the stern of the ship.