Reduced luggage allowance ?

echelon01

Hi

First post...first P&O cruise next week and I am just finalising details.

All the info we have states that the flight luggage allowance is 23kg plus 5kg hand luggage.

However I notice that the luggage labels state "20" kg limit per item.

Have things changed recently ?

If they have I suspect the check in process is going to get rather

interesting

Hi

First post...first P&O cruise next week and I am just finalising details.

All the info we have states that the flight luggage allowance is 23kg plus 5kg hand luggage.

However I notice that the luggage labels state "20" kg limit per item.

Have things changed recently ?

If they have I suspect the check in process is going to get rather

interesting

Problem is you have p and o's limit, which is 23kg per bag (that is from Southampton-ie no flying) then you have the planes limit. Go on the website for whoever you are flying with and see what their limit is.

You could also do a search on these forums about weight limit, as I know this question has been asked before.

20kg per item and 23kg limit are not the same thing.

I quite agree , however our P&O flight detail summary clearly says baggage allowance : Maximum weight 23kg ..... P&O luggage tags 20kg whilst the standard Thomson allowance is 15kg although this may be 20kg as advised by the travel company ...all plus the 5kg hand luggage allowance.

Anyone looking at their P&O documents and turning up at check in could be faced with a nasty excess charge.

I would expect that in the present climate instructions for air travellers would be clear and precise as supplied by the travel company.

I quite agree , however our P&O flight detail summary clearly says baggage allowance : Maximum weight 23kg ..... P&O luggage tags 20kg whilst the standard Thomson allowance is 15kg although this may be 20kg as advised by the travel company ...all plus the 5kg hand luggage allowance.

Anyone looking at their P&O documents and turning up at check in could be faced with a nasty excess charge.

I would expect that in the present climate instructions for air travellers would be clear and precise as supplied by the travel company.

~We have always flown with Thomsons to the caribbean with P&O and have always had 23kg luggage allowance, and its the same this year.

The 20kg limit is for cruises departing southampton and you can take as many cases as you like. Your flight details on cruise personaliser should tell you your luggage allowance but as mentioned we've always had 23kg and our flight details say that on personaliser.

The important thing is to use the airlines stated allowance if it is smaller than the P&O one!

someone mentioned that shorthaul or domestic flights might have less allowance. Sometimes not :( I am flying to Sydney in February to join Aurora and the flights were with Malaysia Airlines with a generous 30KG allowance for economy class :)

They have now changed the flights to Cathay Pacific which many say is a better airline and with several flights per day from the UK certainly gives more options for getting to the ship on time The economy allowance has dropped to 20KG, for a 28 night cruise :mad: The maximum case size is generous as is the carry on of 7KG but I am having no luck finding a large carry on to fit their size limits. Buying extra allowance is not at option at over $100 per KG :eek:

This is our first cruise and our Honeymoon, I am now confused as it says 1 piece of luggage maximum 23 kg what about hand luggage?

this if for outward

Depart: 12 December 2015 at 10:40 - LONDON GATWICK (LGW) Terminal N

Arrive: 12 December 2015 at 15:30 - BARBADOS (BGI)

Luggage: 1 piece of luggage, maximum 23kg per piece

For coming back it says this....

Depart: 26 December 2015 at 16:50 - BARBADOS (BGI)

Arrive: 27 December 2015 at 05:10 - LONDON GATWICK (LGW) South

Luggage: Maximum weight 23kg. Hand Luggage: 1 piece, max weight 5kg, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

so no hand luggage going out ?? but allowed coming back ?

Help please

This is our first cruise and our Honeymoon, I am now confused as it says 1 piece of luggage maximum 23 kg what about hand luggage?

this if for outward

Depart: 12 December 2015 at 10:40 - LONDON GATWICK (LGW) Terminal N

Arrive: 12 December 2015 at 15:30 - BARBADOS (BGI)

Luggage: 1 piece of luggage, maximum 23kg per piece

For coming back it says this....

Depart: 26 December 2015 at 16:50 - BARBADOS (BGI)

Arrive: 27 December 2015 at 05:10 - LONDON GATWICK (LGW) South

Luggage: Maximum weight 23kg. Hand Luggage: 1 piece, max weight 5kg, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

so no hand luggage going out ?? but allowed coming back ?

Help please

If you read the link already posted you'll see its the same out and back 23kg and 5kg hand luggage.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fl...gage_allowance

Edited by dgs1956

We took three hold cases with a total of 45Kgs, no one item more than 20Kgs. Cabin luggage is - allegedly - 1 piece each and 5Kgs. On our return flight to Gatwick - cruised out from Southampton so no weight issues at all - there were more bags per person than Ryanair would allow.