OBC v Loyalty Discount

D and P's Nan

I don't have any problems spending any OBC I am fortunate to get and I don't use the spa, nor book excursions with it, nor buy lots of things in the shops.....

I'm offering my help to anyone onboard the same cruise as me with the problem of how to spend it...;)

Talking of OBC.....i have just booked an Early Saver fare (for the first time ever!) which comes with precisely NIL on board credit. But I am happy with what I have paid for the cabin and I am hoping that even with the New year offers which are bound to appear I am not likely to be much out of pocket.

Bearing in mind that if I book excursions these days I always book them in advance - so can't use the OBC for them, I factor tips into the cost of the holiday, and don't bother buying anything of any note on board, I dont think I will lose out much. Its only our bar bill to worry about really, and that is never huge as DH doesnt drink a great deal, and I will get my discount on all of my spend on board.

I guess its a case of swings and roundabouts!

Don't forget your gambling habit [emoji6]

I don't get your maths at all.

A first time cruiser with ~£100 OBC - spends £100 - bill zero

A seasoned cruiser with £100 OBC - spends £100 - bill zero.

I get your maths, and I understand what a seasoned cruiser is, although they may not be a Caribbean tier member who would only have spent £90 had it not been for the OBC.

Hope this helps.

The folk I think who get a raw deal are those who book really early at brochure price with little OBC.

BTW we also have shareholder discount and that is also taken int account before we receive our loyalty bonus.

Tell me about it! - but in recent years that's what we have had to do, as my wife's holiday arrangements are very inflexible. She works on projects which last from 9 to 12 months. As long as her holidays are known when she starts a new project there's no problem, the project manager can factor it into the resource plan if it's known from day 1; but there's no way she can book a holiday once a project has started and resources have been committed. So we book when the brochure is published.

On our most recent cruise, the only OBC we had was the shareholder's OBC. We also got the free car parking and a 5% early booking discount, but very little OBC.

Tell me about it! - but in recent years that's what we have had to do, as my wife's holiday arrangements are very inflexible. She works on projects which last from 9 to 12 months. As long as her holidays are known when she starts a new project there's no problem, the project manager can factor it into the resource plan if it's known from day 1; but there's no way she can book a holiday once a project has started and resources have been committed. So we book when the brochure is published.

On our most recent cruise, the only OBC we had was the shareholder's OBC. We also got the free car parking and a 5% early booking discount, but very little OBC.

Snap.