Single cruising on Ventura

Bogof1

Have sailed in a single cabin but was on Britannia. Went for a fixed dining large table. This is a sensible plan as they had put eight of us travelling alone on a big table. We were an enormously diverse group of people but nevertheless several buddied up for set shows etc. but we didn't hang out together throughout the cruise. On longer cruises I have frequented the solo traveller coffee mornings despite travelling with my daughter who was typically in kids club. They formed shore parties that walked off at various ports but I could not leave ship myself under the club regulations. On this longer cruise; I spotted a few of these people going round the ship in a group from time to time. The first cruise was a two nighter the other a seven both went well.

PS You will be adding to your Princess score.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hi, I'm sailing solo on Ventura this Christmas, but not in a Single cabin - need the extra room for my shoes, dresses etc!

Been cruising on my own for many many years and I thoroughly enjoy it. Like the previous poster I always go for set dining time on a large table and touch wood, I'vebeen very lucky to have some great table companions and even convinced the Captain to dine with us last year!

I also go to a couple of the solo get togethers, and although my memory for names is appalling, I do bump into people and stop for a chat as I'm wandering around the ship (might help that I'm tall with very red hair, so I'm easy to spot in a crowd).

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, be interesting to hear what you think of the single cabin!

Bon voyage

Karen

Hi, I'm sailing solo on Ventura this Christmas, but not in a Single cabin - need the extra room for my shoes, dresses etc!

Been cruising on my own for many many years and I thoroughly enjoy it. Like the previous poster I always go for set dining time on a large table and touch wood, I'vebeen very lucky to have some great table companions and even convinced the Captain to dine with us last year!

I also go to a couple of the solo get togethers, and although my memory for names is appalling, I do bump into people and stop for a chat as I'm wandering around the ship (might help that I'm tall with very red hair, so I'm easy to spot in a crowd).

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, be interesting to hear what you think of the single cabin!

Bon voyage

Karen

Sounds like you have a whale of a time!

As an aside (and apologies for going off topic) nice to see someone else who has been on the "old" Arcadia! We have too and thought she was a lovely ship!

I've seen these cabins on Azura (I think they'll be virtually the same on Ventura) as I made a friend at dinner who invited me in. They look quite compact but one thing I noticed was that there seemed to be plenty of storage space, perhaps more than 2 would get in a similar grade double.