Tell me to stay away from faceache

the english lady

I must stay away from faceache I must stay away from faceache.

I discovered that although I cannot post on faceache I can read some of the posts on the p and o faceache page there.

Not doing my blood pressure any good..

I paid x for my cruise, now a better cabin is being offered for less than I paid for my inside........I thought these posts had stopped since no price promise and 3 types of fare brought in.

I have to leave my hotel at 11am, boarding is at 3, what do I do?....you vacate your room at 11, you do not have to leave the hotel....

Maybe if I just looked at the pictures on there...:rolleyes:

I discovered that although I cannot post on faceache I can read some of the posts on the p and o faceache page there.

I paid x for my cruise, now a better cabin is being offered for less than I paid for my inside........I thought these posts had stopped since no price promise and 3 types of fare brought in.

I have to leave my hotel at 11am, boarding is at 3, what do I do?....you vacate your room at 11, you do not have to leave the hotel....

I have managed to stay away from the actual P&O FB page because of the immaturity of many of the postings on there. I tend to find more useful posts on some of the Cruise (P&O) FB Groups, they are more like forum style, but you will never be fully spared of the "typical" FB user.

I wondered what was coming here. I have to agree about Facebook. This Forum has its moments but nothing compared to Facebook. Definitely best avoided.

Me too, the english lady. In fact I was reading the threads on the bus on the way home tonight and almost exclaiming out loud at some of the drivel and also vowing to stay away from the page to keep my blood pressure down!!!!

Aaaarghhh - anyway, I also take comfort that we are not alone but I do so hope none of those ever appear on my table.

I post on Facebook / faceache but I don't say anything there I would not (or have not!) posted here.

For example I have said on both that it is not easy finding things to do for 3 hours on a freezing Winter's day in the soul-less city that is Southampton, when your hotel says you have to leave at 12 - and yes they do, I promise :) Sorry I truly don't want to cause any upset but I thought we'd all agreed to disagree on these points so I'm disappointed that they've been raised again.

There are various P&O boards as well as the 'official' one but they're closed groups and they're pretty friendly as some people here know. I have also read posts / threads on this site which cover pretty much the same negative points.

I'm a member of different P&O (and other cruise line) groups and have never been banned from one because I joined another. Which groups do that Medic13?

I use social media extensively including twitter, cruise forums, Facebook etc and I think the main thing is to respect other people's opinions and never to be rude or insulting.

Edited by tartanexile81

I post on Facebook / faceache but I don't say anything there I would not (or have not!) posted here.

For example I have said on both that it is not easy finding things to do for 3 hours on a freezing Winter's day in the soul-less city that is Southampton, when your hotel says you have to leave at 12 - and yes they do, I promise :) Sorry I truly don't want to cause any upset but I thought we'd all agreed to disagree on these points so I'm disappointed that they've been raised again.

There are various P&O boards as well as the 'official' one but they're closed groups and they're pretty friendly as some people here know. I have also read posts / threads on this site which cover pretty much the same negative points.

I'm a member of different P&O (and other cruise line) groups and have never been banned from one because I joined another. Which groups do that Medic13?

I use social media extensively including twitter, cruise forums, Facebook etc and I think the main thing is to respect other people's opinions and never to be rude or insulting.

Tartanexile I would hope I am never actually rude in my postings on here. I get driven to distraction on here sometimes, but since I once in a while look at faceache postings (and without being signed up you can only ever see the last 2/3 at a time,and comments to those) it is the nature of the postings that gets to me...I cannot think how to put it, but I read them and think you cannot be serious...now who does that remind me of?

I think, the english lady, that you and I must have been reading the very same posts on the same fb page which set us both off! I agree entirely, it was the nature of the posts which got to me as well.

And I also agree with tartanexile, exchanging opinions and views is all part of it and we will never all agree on everything, but it is important to respect others views too. And I think we all do on here and on the forums I visit. :)

Edited by Scriv

That's got to be a spoof .......hasn't it?

I agree with you Scriv - there is a way of expressing opinions without being disrespectful or dismissive of others. It's how it's said rather than what is said which is the key - but it often says more about the writer than those they are directing their comments towards.

If the post you highlighted isn't tongue in cheek then it's not worth even responding to.............. the poster comes over as being either too limited or self-absorbed to weigh up the issues.

Enjoy that glass... later! ;)

That's got to be a spoof .......hasn't it?

I agree with you Scriv - there is a way of expressing opinions without being disrespectful or dismissive of others. It's how it's said rather than what is said which is the key - but it often says more about the writer than those they are directing their comments towards.

If the post you highlighted isn't tongue in cheek then it's not worth even responding to.............. the poster comes over as being either too limited or self-absorbed to weigh up the issues.

Enjoy that glass... later! ;)

As far as I know the whole group is designed as a joke. It is not a serious group.

It is taking the ****** out of posts on other groups and forums.

Not sure why it is posted on here.

Oh dear, sorry folks. I appear to have caused confusion.....

I had never heard of the site mentioned by jaceyar and was just commenting on its existence. I have never visited the group.

And the 'post' underneath was not a true post and was totally made up by me !!!!!!!!!

I was just grossly overexaggerating the kind of tone of post which gets my goat.

Oh heck - definitely time for a lie down, lol. Or that drink.

Edited by Scriv

Oh dear, sorry folks. I appear to have caused confusion.....

I had never heard of the site mentioned by jaceyar and was just commenting on its existence. I have never visited the group.

And the 'post' underneath was not a true post and was totally made up by me !!!!!!!!!

I was just grossly overexaggerating the kind of tone of post which gets my goat.

Oh heck - definitely time for a lie down, lol. Or that drink.

In that case - you've made me smile Scriv. :D Think I'll join you in that glass later! ;)

I thought it was one you'd picked up on some site or other! :o Doh!

OK so that was a spoof but the comment where the guy said he would never cruise with P&O again because his wife had ordered champagne to celebrate his birthday and the cabin steward turned up at their cabin to ask them to sign the receipt and ruined the surprise. He said the whole cruise was ruined by it. Now that is pathetic.

Tartanexile I would hope I am never actually rude in my postings on here. I get driven to distraction on here sometimes, but since I once in a while look at faceache postings (and without being signed up you can only ever see the last 2/3 at a time,and comments to those) it is the nature of the postings that gets to me...I cannot think how to put it, but I read them and think you cannot be serious...now who does that remind me of?

I wasn't saying that your post was rude, insulting etc English Lady. The reason I posted was because you about the change in embarkation arrangements being raised again. I know you and I (and many others judging by the 1000+ posts on the thread :D) disagreed about the impact these arrangements would have on us and others and I'm not going to go through that again I think we've been there and done that on the particular subject whether on Facebook or Cruisecritic. I vowed I would say no more on the matter so I was just disappointed it reared its ugly head again - in whatever forum :(

DH asked a harmless question last week on a P&O FB forum about the cost of a particular item. Well!! Talk about cat among the pigeons!!! One of the unkindest answers he got was "If you have to ask the cost of this you shouldn't be cruising", but there were several other unpleasant comments. Such a shame.

DH asked a harmless question last week on a P&O FB forum about the cost of a particular item. Well!! Talk about cat among the pigeons!!! One of the unkindest answers he got was "If you have to ask the cost of this you shouldn't be cruising", but there were several other unpleasant comments. Such a shame.

Oh my...well I guess that is the sort of thing I was getting at.

Sorry to hear that - but as I said in an earlier post, it says far more about the person who wrote it. Condescending, snobbish and lacking in respect. Just the kind of cruiser I endeavour to avoid and who give a poor impression of the P&O community. All I can say is that we have met some lovely people on cruises and fortunately have not met any ignorant people of that ilk - granted there are a few pretentious souls but we give them a wide berth after once encountering! Please don't be put off if you are new to P&O.

Sorry to hear that - but as I said in an earlier post, it says far more about the person who wrote it. Condescending, snobbish and lacking in respect. Just the kind of cruiser I endeavour to avoid and who give a poor impression of the P&O community. All I can say is that we have met some lovely people on cruises and fortunately have not met any ignorant people of that ilk - granted there are a few pretentious souls but we give them a wide berth after once encountering! Please don't be put off if you are new to P&O.

Thank you kruzseeka. We're not new to P&O, this will be our 5th cruise with them, albeit spread over several years, as we're in the category of both working, with school age children, so there are limits on when we cruise and what we can afford. DH thought about responding by saying that surely the vast majority of cruisers have a budget, whether it's £1,000, £10,000 or £100,000, but decided not to waste his (virtual) breath. He just didn't expect so much vitriol simply for enquiring whether soft drink/ice cream packages are worth it.

Groove chick, I saw your post and know what you mean. The sort of people who make those kind of comments are certainly not typical of the posters on here nor any sort of people I have ever met on board - and as Kruzseeka says, it reflects on them, not you.

I am often tempted to respond and often get worked up about it, then often think, like your hubby, it is just not worth the hassle to fuel some of the sad people who feel the need to respond like that.

Hope you got a proper answer re the ice cream by the way?

Edited by Scriv

Thank you kruzseeka. We're not new to P&O, this will be our 5th cruise with them, albeit spread over several years, as we're in the category of both working, with school age children, so there are limits on when we cruise and what we can afford. DH thought about responding by saying that surely the vast majority of cruisers have a budget, whether it's £1,000, £10,000 or £100,000, but decided not to waste his (virtual) breath. He just didn't expect so much vitriol simply for enquiring whether soft drink/ice cream packages are worth it.

There is a solution on FB, contact the moderators. The report button is not used enough.

Groove chick, I saw your post and know what you mean. The sort of people who make those kind of comments are certainly not typical of the posters on here nor any sort of people I have ever met on board - and as Kruzseeka says, it reflects on them, not you.

I am often tempted to respond and often get worked up about it, then often think, like your hubby, it is just not worth the hassle to fuel some of the sad people who feel the need to respond like that.

Hope you got a proper answer re the ice cream by the way?

Hi Scriv,

thank you, hubby said there were some people who leapt to his defence - bet you were one! :)

That's why I stick to this forum - lovely helpful, friendly, humorous posters who express their opinions robustly! :D

No-one seemed to have a definite answer re the cost per scoop/cornet/tub, but averaging out the suggested prices led us to think there's not much saving to be had from buying an ice cream card. Several people said you can get ice cream in the MDR at dinner, which we know, but our children used to suffer from a severe egg allergy (epipens required) which greatly limited the desserts they could eat. Since our last cruise they have both been tested and found to have grown out of their allergy (for which I give thanks daily), so they will be able to sample all the delights of the desserts in the buffet and on the menu at dinner! The ice cream card/cost enquiry was for if they fancied a treat while off doing their own things around the ship.