Sailing on Britannia next week :) Any requests for pictures, menus etc?

CCFC

We are off on Britannia on the 5th for two weeks around the Caribbean from Barbados and wondered if anyone has any requests for pictures, menus, cabin layout etc.

We have booked trips on St Maarten, Antigua, St Kitts, Dominica and (a Farewell to) Barbados. A Dim Sum lesson in the Cookery Club on the second sea day, if that goes ok we might do another even though its a bit pricey

We will probably do Sindhu and the Limelight club (Dean Andrews is looking favourite) for an evening too.

Hopefully it will be very decked out with boughs of holly for the first time :)

Any requests!

Edited by CCFC

We are off on Britannia on the 5th for two weeks around the Caribbean from Barbados and wondered if anyone has any requests for pictures, menus, cabin layout etc.

We have booked trips on St Maarten, Antigua, St Kitts, Dominica and (a Farewell to) Barbados. A Dim Sum lesson in the Cookery Club on the second sea day, if that goes ok we might do another even though its a bit pricey

We will probably do Sindhu and the Limelight club (Dean Andrews is looking favourite) for an evening too.

Hopefully it will be very decked out with boughs of holly for the first time :)

Any requests!

What a very kind offer! We're on her over Christmas so would love to get your general impressions and any inside info./tips. In particular I'd be interested to know whether there is any delay in getting off ship in ports. I've heard/read that P&O will only let people going on organised excursions off first - everyone else has to wait, and I am a bit concerned this will delay us for doing our pre-booked DIY tours, most of which set off 8.30-9.00, so not that long after docking.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and look forward to hearing all about it.

Most of our P&O booked trips leave at 10am with one being 12:30. I'll let you know how it all goes with getting ashore.

Its funny how people come back from a cruise and answer questions, I thought getting the questions before cruising might be a good idea :)

Hi CCFC, I'm also on the Xmas cruise and was thinking of booking The Retreat for the duration of the cruise. What my wife would like to know is " from the photos we have seen of The Retreat a lot of the sun beds seem to be in shaded areas - can they be moved into the sunny areas?

Would hate to be restricted where you sit.

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday.

Its funny how people come back from a cruise and answer questions, I thought getting the questions before cruising might be a good idea :)

I suppose there is so much one could ask it's hard to choose. And reading other pax' reviews of their cruises then prompts questions you might not have thought of previously.

Hi CCFC we're also on the Xmas cruise & booked to see Dean Andrews & Morecambe & Wise shows .If you do go to see them would be nice to see your review of the shows . And also the sunbed situation (4 sea days) !!

Enjoy your cruise :):) Cheers

Agree i would love to see some cocktail menus if thats possible thanks

Having been on the Britannia in the Caribbean a few weeks ago the cocktail lists are not very extensive and they will not deviate from what's available. For example you can get a strawberry daiquiri but you can't get a banana one as it's not on the list, my wife wanted a chocolate martini which again was not available although she did volunteer my services which were declined although she reckons I do a mean one. I think we got spoiled on the Celebrity Silhouette last year where you could get anything and some of the ones with liquid nitrogen were quite spectacular:D

Having been on the Britannia in the Caribbean a few weeks ago the cocktail lists are not very extensive and they will not deviate from what's available. For example you can get a strawberry daiquiri but you can't get a banana one as it's not on the list, my wife wanted a chocolate martini which again was not available although she did volunteer my services which were declined although she reckons I do a mean one. I think we got spoiled on the Celebrity Silhouette last year where you could get anything and some of the ones with liquid nitrogen were quite spectacular:D

Yeah we have sailed on Disney and you can pretty much ask for any cocktail and they will make it if they can. Fingers crossed they do dirty martini and i will be happy.

What a very kind offer! We're on her over Christmas so would love to get your general impressions and any inside info./tips. In particular I'd be interested to know whether there is any delay in getting off ship in ports. I've heard/read that P&O will only let people going on organised excursions off first - everyone else has to wait, and I am a bit concerned this will delay us for doing our pre-booked DIY tours, most of which set off 8.30-9.00, so not that long after docking.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and look forward to hearing all about it.

Have just returned from Britannia and wasn't aware of only people going on organised excursions getting off first, with the exception of ports were the tenders were in operation.

Have just returned from Britannia and wasn't aware of only people going on organised excursions getting off first, with the exception of ports were the tenders were in operation.

Thank you. According to P&O we are only expected to tender in Grand Cayman and we don't need to be anywhere until 11.00, so that should be fine. The other ports which were originally listed as "Tender possible" have had berths confirmed. I know that can change, but fingers crossed it won't.

We have just left St Maarten and had a wonderful day. All the trips gather in the pier and there is no discrimination between people taking trips, all very civilised :)

Thanks Mike. I was concerned about priority being given to P&O excursions disembarking, rather than once pax have come down the gangway and are milling on the pier, but purplesea said it's only when tendering, so that shouldn't be a problem. Glad you had a lovely day in St Maarten, we've got a tour booked, including Maho beach, and are really looking forward to it.