guarantee cabin grade not showing on CP?

Mysticalmother

I have just booked an Early saver fare, and a specified cabin grade.

I have just looked on cruise personaliser, and all it shows is GUAR - no actual grade , and no deck (even though the cabin grade I have booked is only on one deck). Is this normal? I have never booked a saver or early saver before, but the Black Friday offer price was (imho) a very good price, even taking into account the loss of OBC. And the loss of a choice of dining time and cabin location is no big deal for us on this occasion. But i was expecting to see the cabin grade shown on CP, even as a guarantee grade.

Any thoughts peeps?

We booked a select guarantee cabin and ours was exactly the same - just the work GUAR in capitals.

We got our cabin about 6 weeks before and I understand that it's early saver a month or so before and savers can be even closer to the sail date.

We got one of those technical upgrades- from HC on Adonia to GE. I think the position isn't as good as the HC's as its under the buffet but it's gone from having a chair to a sofa which is nice as it's a long cruise.

I have just looked on cruise personaliser, and all it shows is GUAR - no actual grade , and no deck (even though the cabin grade I have booked is only on one deck). Is this normal? I have never booked a saver or early saver before, but the Black Friday offer price was (imho) a very good price, even taking into account the loss of OBC. And the loss of a choice of dining time and cabin location is no big deal for us on this occasion. But i was expecting to see the cabin grade shown on CP, even as a guarantee grade.

Any thoughts peeps?

When you book on a Guarantee basis, and it looks as though this is how it is being handled, it is actually A MINIMUM GRADE GUARANTEED booking. The cabin you booked is not "only on one deck" because you do not know what grade you have actually booked only what the minimum it COULD be. Therefore it could be any grade of the minimum or higher. Your Cruise Personaliser will continue to show GUAR until a specific cabin has been allocated. You can print out everything the computer and website allows but you need to also print out the e-ticket with boarding time and luggage labels as late as possible in addition to now if the system allows. This might give documents giving varying boarding times, then use the best one to get your plastic letter entering the terminal. Then give the correct cabin number one to the check in desk. Even if you have been booked in at a specific grade; they may still run out of that grade and be forced to put you in a higher grade because there is nowhere else to put you. The reason they do not allocate cabin numbers early is that it restricts the cruise line of options they might otherwise have. The way they look at it is based on ease of administration and increasing revenue to the maximum they can achieve.

Guaranteed cabin assignments can be given any time including just before boarding. This is normal but generally will be advised before the final week prior to embarkation.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

When you book on a Guarantee basis, and it looks as though this is how it is being handled, it is actually A MINIMUM GRADE GUARANTEED booking. The cabin you booked is not "only on one deck" because you do not know what grade you have actually booked only what the minimum it COULD be. Therefore it could be any grade of the minimum or higher. Your Cruise Personaliser will continue to show GUAR until a specific cabin has been allocated. You can print out everything the computer and website allows but you need to also print out the e-ticket with boarding time and luggage labels as late as possible in addition to now if the system allows. This might give documents giving varying boarding times, then use the best one to get your plastic letter entering the terminal. Then give the correct cabin number one to the check in desk. Even if you have been booked in at a specific grade; they may still run out of that grade and be forced to put you in a higher grade because there is nowhere else to put you. The reason they do not allocate cabin numbers early is that it restricts the cruise line of options they might otherwise have. The way they look at it is based on ease of administration and increasing revenue to the maximum they can achieve.

Guaranteed cabin assignments can be given any time including just before boarding. This is normal but generally will be advised before the final week prior to embarkation.

Regards John

Thanks John - I get what you are saying but it was a specific "early Saver" fare and a Specific grade of cabin selected rather than booked as a guarantee.. I would imagine in this instance the chance of a higher grade being allocated is extremely unlikely! I have read other people seeing a "grade" - albeit a guarantee grade - on their cruise personaliser hence the question.

I'll wait until I get my written confirmation, and see what it says before I query it.

We booked a HF (which are all A deck on Britannia) saver fare and got a cabin number 17 days before sailing (we go Saturday), ended up with a HB on E deck. It said GUAR right up to cabin allocation.

Our paperwork from the travel agent said HF guarantee when first purchased but nothing on the personaliser which surprised me too.

Any thoughts peeps?

Hello,

This is normal, so please do not worry.

I booked 2 "early saver" fares on Oriana at the end of June. They were for an LF grade outside cabin & our CP showed as GTEE until our actual cabins were allocated a couple of weeks ago.

We booked & paid for the lowest grade outside cabin but have in effect received an upgrade as whilst we are still in an outside cabin we have been allocated LB grade cabins, the top grade for that type of stateroom.

Don't forget with an "early saver" you get 2nd choice for dining & can select your preference on your CP, although your actual dining arrangements won't be confirmed until you are on board.

Hope this helps.

I have had two Early Saver bookings and in both cases only GUAR has appeared on the Cruise Personaliser until the actual allocation of the cabin.

I seem to remember the Confirmation showed the minimum cabin grade, but the CP never did. Nothing to worry about MM.

I have had two Early Saver bookings and in both cases only GUAR has appeared on the Cruise Personaliser until the actual allocation of the cabin.

I seem to remember the Confirmation showed the minimum cabin grade, but the CP never did. Nothing to worry about MM.

Thanks Scriv....just didnt want to find myself allocated an inside cabin...that would NOT have been a good deal!:D;);)

I am really pretty confident that will not happen to you, MM, especially with the category you have booked.

Don't worry - but if it did, the ensuing fireworks would end up upgrading you to the captain's suite for the holiday.;)

We booked a select guarantee cabin and ours was exactly the same - just the word GUAR in capitals . Deck A , grade PF , think we have been upgraded just checked our Personaliser 5 mins ago we have been given Cabin B527 for our New Year Cruise On Britannia

Edited by storeman