Booking Seats in Premium Economy

johncandt

We have just booked our seats in Premium for our March flight to Barbados, i cannot understand why we cannot book seats when we book the cruise , we book our cabin, our choice of airport and our class of travel .Why the hell we then have to wait months and then get in a queue to pay another £80 is beyond me !!! surely this should be on a first come first served basis , i book a cruise twelve months in advance pay my deposit , you pay two weeks before the seats become available and you get best pick ?????

We have just booked our seats in Premium for our March flight to Barbados, i cannot understand why we cannot book seats when we book the cruise , we book our cabin, our choice of airport and our class of travel .Why the hell we then have to wait months and then get in a queue to pay another £80 is beyond me !!! surely this should be on a first come first served basis , i book a cruise twelve months in advance pay my deposit , you pay two weeks before the seats become available and you get best pick ?????

Never done a fly cruise, so what would I know.

However the cost of booking the better seats is down to the airline isn't it, rather than pando.

Why not allow booking of seats at the time of booking. Probably don't know what type of plane it would be at that stage. They might have an idea what they think it would be, but could not have people booking seats on a plane that does not exist at that time.

How about that as suggestions.

Never done a fly cruise, so what would I know.

However the cost of booking the better seats is down to the airline isn't it, rather than pando.

Why not allow booking of seats at the time of booking. Probably don't know what type of plane it would be at that stage. They might have an idea what they think it would be, but could not have people booking seats on a plane that does not exist at that time.

How about that as suggestions.

These flights are specific charters to P&O so it is P&O who decide the cost if any. On Thomsonfly charters long haul I understand in flight drinks are included, no longer the case with P&O. The type of plane can change on the day of the flight , for "operational reasons"

Airlines usually do not release their flight schedules until between 11 - 9 months before the departure/flight date.

Therefore it is not possible to book them before this regardless of how you booked or who with.

Our April 2016 cruise was booked in Sep 2014 but we only go flight info in May this year and we've booked our TA next year in June but will not find out our flights till Jan/Feb 2016.

These flights are specific charters to P&O so it is P&O who decide the cost if any. On Thomsonfly charters long haul I understand in flight drinks are included, no longer the case with P&O. The type of plane can change on the day of the flight , for "operational reasons"

Yes P&O charter these planes so I would think they get all this money not the airline. We like to make sure we can sit together for a long flight so we usually pre book seats, but have noticed the price increases every year..

They also make a lot of money by charging an extra £100 per person if you fly from other airports than Gatwick (a new extra this year).This adds up to about £30,000 for each return flight!! Don't think it costs that much for the extra fuel from Manchester or the other airports used.

This adds up to about £30,000 for each return flight!! Don't think it costs that much for the extra fuel from Manchester or the other airports used.

This is what happens when you skim read a reply...I thought £30,000 for a flight..then I realised you meant for the whole plane load of people...must pay attention...:confused:;)

Yes a nice little earner plus a saving of around £150 p/p on fuel over last year for a two week 2000 mile cruise. Pity our recent cruise didn't show any reversing of the cut backs of previous years, whilst the Carnival share price has almost doubled.