Azura Formal nights -cruise from Barbados

bicky

It depends on the itinerary as we were on Ventura last February and we had a formal night on a port day. We booked restaurants when we were on board so that we could check which menu was on each day as we preferred one over the other

In the main it's usually sea days. To have one on a port day is unusual but things can change for whatever reason. Your cruise personaliser may show them, although not sure if it's a bit early yet for a February cruise.

The first time we went on Azura we hadn't booked any of the restaurants beforehand and we couldn't get anything at all over the 2 weeks apart from one very early booking which didn't suit us. They put us on a waiting list but never got the call.

Won't make that mistake again and like to book in advance. I don't check out the menus beforehand as I love a surprise. Don't fancy deciding weeks before.

Edited by laurakdy

It depends on the itinerary as we were on Ventura last February and we had a formal night on a port day. We booked restaurants when we were on board so that we could check which menu was on each day as we preferred one over the other

We too had a formal night on a port day on Azura in January. It's okay, as long as you haven't drunk too much rum punch in port ;)

We are on Azura in January. Our cruise personaliser is showing 5 formal nights! Is that right? The advice centre refers to 4 nights being the general rule for 14 nights. Much as I love dressing up, 5 does seem a bit excessive for the Caribbean.

I would doubt that there will be more than 4 Formals if the cruise is 14 nights.

We've just got back from Azura from Barbados and we had 4 all on sea days.

MIssbozz

Thank you for the info. Had the information through the post yesterday. Repeated the 5 formal nights!

What did your personaliser say, 4 or 5?

Edited by The Wilkies

Joining Azura on 6 Feb and considering ore booking restaurants . Before we do , can anyone advise what ports are the formal night as like MDR on these night. Thank youx

I would expect Valentines will be Formal it has been when we have been cruising then. We have just had a port day formal but that was in Europe. I think the Caribbean is generally sea days and not the last night.

Have a wonderful cruise.