Disney Christmas Cruise what's it like?

maxmolly

We have sailed at Christmas many times, twice with Disney and several other times with princess and NCL, no one does christmas like disney! They have "snow" at castaway cay, the cast members sing christmas carols, mrs. claus is there, there is a huge gingerbread house, the ship is totally decked out, it is SO magical. Definately worth the money!!!

We are crusing the Wonder 12/16 - 12/20 and were wondering if the boat will be decked out with all that stuff then ???

I am on this cruise too and it will definitely be decked out. I did this same time period last year. They even had a gingerbread house that was five feet tall and smelled wonderful.

We are thinking about booking a cruise for next Christmas. What is it like being on the boat on the day of Christmas? What kind of events do they do? Is it an experience that is worth the cost?

We are booked on the Wonder for Christmas next year. It will be the second Christmas cruise onboard the Wonder for us. The first being back in 2000. I'm sure alot has changed since then, so I'll probably not be any help other than to say our 8 yr old twins loved it. We brought a few small gifts for them to open on Christmas morning. Santa made an appearance handed out gifts and a goody bag to the kids. We are looking forward to spending Christmas on the Wonder again. Hope to see your family there maxmolly.

We did a Christmas cruise in 2005. It was more expensive than the normally expensive DCL, but it was great. And compared to staying at DVC over Christmas, it was actually less expensive. I digress....

Most memorable moment? The gift shop will wrap any gift for you. So I bought my husband a gift. And on Christmas morning, while he was poking around the store, I went and picked up the gift and set it under the beautiful tree in front of the Disney Theater. He wandered out and I pointed out that there was a gift under the tree. Eventually he understood that it was his and he opened it. So much fun. Then we went to Palo for brunch. Ahhhhh :p

Archived