FYI Official Meet/Mingles are...

...still BYO Name Tags and Markers.

Just attended our first. Assumed that since they wer now official, the roll call members didn't need to provide. Assumption was wrong.

Everything else was very nice including. The special canapés!

Good feedback but, as you may have read, the "M&M" on the last Alaska sailing was not held until the journey was at least half over. We decided before the announcement of the "M&M" to no longer attend Meet and Greets so whether the "M&M" become successful (or if they can meet the 12 person limit) is not an issue. As with the low participation in Roll Call's (most - not all), I predict the same will be true of "M&M" as well.

Reference Meet and Mingle (M&M) experience.

One experience: Last night aboard Navigator currently at port in the Carib. (As a typical, tropical rainstorm with high winds passes by.)

Packed room, attended by the Cruise Director (CD), and several ship's Officers. The minimum level of sign-ons is 12, before Regent will set-aside a special venue, complete with food and beverage(s). I would estimate we had 50-60 attendees.

No name, or moniker tabs to fill-out and stick-on at the entry. So, get up and go around and introduce yourself. That works wonders. I made a special point to thank the CD for Regent's support of this event.

That is my take, as we now-await afternoon tea.

Best,

GoARMY!

Wow - 50-60 is quite a lot. Based on discussions with people, were these passengers CC members or just passengers joining in on a nice cocktail party? Was there a "private party" sign posted outside of the lounge?

Was informed that my Alaska Mariner 6/14/17 cruise did not meet the minimum- so no M/M for me!:(

If you have a Roll Call going, set something up yourselves. Pick a time and place to meet and see what kind of response that you get from other passengers. We have set up our own "Meet and Greets" over the years and many have been successful (some only had a few people show up but we still got to meet them). It can be as simple as saying that you'll meet in the Horizon Lounge (for instance) at a certain time on the far port (or starboard) side in the corner. Let people know what you'll be wearing (or wear a hat or colorful top to help identify yourself.).

If you have it in the afternoon and you would like the bar to be open, try having it in the Observation Lounge. If in the morning, Horizon Lounge may be better a it is near the Coffee Connection and people can pick up coffee, snacks, etc. to take with them.

Hope that you are able to meet with passengers on your Alaska cruise!

Reference M&M on Navigator:

The event was held in the starboard section of Stars Lounge. Yes, there was a sign posted just inside the entrance. Can't recall what it said, other than something like "special event". No one was collecting the cards which were sent, in advance, to CC suites confirming the time and place.

Nice set-up, with separate canapé table; and wait staff serving drinks, or taking orders to the nearby bar. From the high volume of chatter, and the group conviviality, I would wager that attendees were CC members, not gate crashers.

GoARMY

A question who is the CD?

Reference Meet and Mingle (M&M) experience.

One experience: Last night aboard Navigator currently at port in the Carib. (As a typical, tropical rainstorm with high winds passes by.)

Packed room, attended by the Cruise Director (CD), and several ship's Officers. The minimum level of sign-ons is 12, before Regent will set-aside a special venue, complete with food and beverage(s). I would estimate we had 50-60 attendees.

No name, or moniker tabs to fill-out and stick-on at the entry. So, get up and go around and introduce yourself. That works wonders. I made a special point to thank the CD for Regent's support of this event.

That is my take, as we now-await afternoon tea.

Best,

GoARMY!