F1 simulator review?

timeracer72

As my screen name implies I am a bit of a racing fan. Especially Formula One. I have searched around for reviews including the simulator but have not had much luck.

What I'm curious about is just how good the simulator is. Is it glorified arcade game or is it the real deal? I have a little on track experience in real world and countless hours on various PC and console based simulators. Does it have a lap time leaderboard? And is it reliable. My brother cruised on Divinia last summer and said it was down pretty much the whole week.

Thanks in advance for any information any can provide. Very much considering the Divinia for a near future sailing based mostly on the simulator. But don't want to get on board to find it has Mario Kart physics.

I have tried the F1 simulator onboard MSC Splendida and I hadn't enjoyed it. Both the graphics and physics weren't particulary good and the guy who was responsible for the simulator hadn't explained me anything about the controls (for example he didn't explained me how to start and he setted the automatic gear change and I spent half of my time to understand that because the simulator wasn't responding to the paddles of the steering wheel).

The graphic of the game of Codemaster's F1 2011 or newer games for PC or consoles was way better than the one of the ship's simulator. It was also quite expensive (I think 15€ for 3 laps)