Who's booked the Seaside and More!

TravelinGert

Hey everyone! Just wondering how many out there have booked the Seaside? We've been reading about all the great plans for this ship and it looked so marvelous with the glass bottom walkways and everything. We just up and booked for February 10th, 2018 to celebrate our birthdays. We couldn't be more excited. Just 779 days to go! :eek:

Hope CC gets 2018 countdowns and Seaside roll calls section up soon so we can all start plotting and planning for the fun. :D Since we can't start up our roll call threads yet, how about everyone tell something about what they're looking forward to on their first cruise on the Seaside?

You should call and ask. We had put in via the website for a status match but had not heard back. Probably because of the holidays, I'm sure. Called just to see if maybe the CS could push it through and we could book. She was able to look up our status match application and therefore book our cruise. She said we'll have to wait until after the holidays when our status match goes through to get our 5% off is all.

We will be looking forward to seeing all the new things and seeing how beautiful the ship will be because MSC builds the most beautiful ships.

The ship looks amazing in the videos and renderings. I'm really excited to try walking on the clear walkway they show in the videos. It sounds like even the view from the aft elevators will be something special.

Hey everyone! Just wondering how many out there have booked the Seaside? We've been reading about all the great plans for this ship and it looked so marvelous with the glass bottom walkways and everything. We just up and booked for February 10th, 2018 to celebrate our birthdays. We couldn't be more excited. Just 779 days to go! :eek:

Hope CC gets 2018 countdowns and Seaside roll calls section up soon so we can all start plotting and planning for the fun. :D Since we can't start up our roll call threads yet, how about everyone tell something about what they're looking forward to on their first cruise on the Seaside?

I have to wait for the general public reservations to open up but we will possibly be booking that same cruise. It is not the itinerary that I would prefer but the timing works really well because the kids have most of that week off school so it makes travelling easier.

I have to wait for the general public reservations to open up but we will possibly be booking that same cruise. It is not the itinerary that I would prefer but the timing works really well because the kids have most of that week off school so it makes travelling easier.

How nice that your kids will be off school! We actually booked it because friends we met on our first cruise already had. We figure it ought to be far enough after launch any bugs will be worked out, but not far enough out all the new's worn off. Plus we will get to see all the reports and reviews from the first few cruises. All very exciting! Also, this will be our first cruise with MSC and our first cruise with a balcony. I've already decided I'm going to have breakfast delivered and eat it on the balcony every day. :cool:

We were looking at the beginning of March (trying to spread out vacation time after doing rcl Harmony in december. This ship looks like lots of fun and those prices are amazing! (Especially because we have 2 little kids with us!)

Hope you got a good price on Harmony because my room has gone up over $1100 since I booked it in June. You can't beat MSC prices.

We got an amazing price! Someone on cruise critic tipped us off to a great deal : ). The room category we booked is now twice the price! Our only issue was that we booked a guarantee and them got pregnant so they wouldnt let us add baby 2 with the old prices. Luckily our family is going too and had a set room so it was no problem to add the baby to their room : ) and I agree- there is no beating these MSC prices and I am super excited (and maybe a little nervous) to try a new cruiseline! We can't wait!

I cannot pull up Seaside either. Earlier in the week I was able to at least pull it up and look at dates, but now nothing. I also got a fantastic deal on the Harmony of the Seas. Going on a B2B in December 2016. I am booked on the MSC Divina for 10/8/16.

Pat

Booked Seaside on the 23rd via voyagers club. Going on Jan,27 2018 in the Yacht Club, inside room with all the YC stuff. What a deal for a great price.....$1215 pp plus tax and they gave us the drink package for outside YC. Can't wait to go.

I am still trying to learn and figure out MSC. Can't wait to book. My status was matched, so I'm Black on MSC. I want to book the Seaside, but it apparently has been pulled from the site. I will call them on Monday.

I'm also thinking of booking the Divinia for something prior to the Seaside.

I'm very curious how you booked YC experience with an inside cabin. Searching the website, I don't see this ever as an option. Is it best to speak with an MSC representative? Thanks for any info you can share

While it can't be booked online, they can book it over the phone. We held for 45 minutes though before getting someone on the line. Boooked a balcony for May 19, 2018 for three of us. My mom's birthday is May 18 and mine is May 30 so birthday cruises for us.

Edited by mom2tcdx2

I called today to price the Seaside for an inside Bella for May, Western. Price was $1273, but then she said it would not let her book it for only 1 person, although it priced that way. She went to ask her supervisor and came back and said they are not booking solo cabins right now on the Seaside.

pat

They have about 12 inside cabins in the YC. I hear the web site will be open on the 29th for bookings on the Seaside. We were able to book early as Voyager Club members. Good luck Debbie.

Thanks, I'm voyager club also and very flexible in dates. I guess it will be best for me to call. Maybe I will try tomorrow, about to run out the door, so can't call now.

I called today to price the Seaside for an inside Bella for May, Western. Price was $1273, but then she said it would not let her book it for only 1 person, although it priced that way. She went to ask her supervisor and came back and said they are not booking solo cabins right now on the Seaside.

pat

That's weird. One of our party booked a solo inside in the Yacht Club days ago. But maybe it depends which sailing? Or maybe it was because they were part of a much larger group? Who knows. They're definitely trying to fill up the ship to make as much $$ as possible, though. One couple in our group was refused a Royal Suite because they were only 2 persons. We've all been joking about them having to make do with all the hoi paloi and such. :rolleyes: We are such naughty friends. Surprised we didn't all get coal for our stockings.

pat

Can you just fake or add a second person that doesn't go. Since the price isn't any better, why not just add a person that doesn't go. You could also possibly book and then attempt to cancel or remove that person later to save on the taxes.