OMG! How many calls until my booking is correct!

Kruizin'Kath

I have been very patient with MSC trying to correct errors on my booking. It took 4 calls (one time on hold for 1:20)to correct my husbands date of birth. When they sent me the new confirmation, he was booked in a cabin with a different woman:eek:! I found this humorous and called again to correct it. New confirmation showed all was well:rolleyes: Then yesterday when I signed on to MSC I was shocked to learn that I was 30 years younger than my husband and gave birth at the ripe old age of 4 :confused:! (Must say, DH was thrilled to have such a young wife!!) All joking aside, this is what has really made me nervous: Not only was my year of birth wrong, but all my personal information such as address, email address AND Passport number were filled in (and now I was living in Italy with an Italian passport!) I am now very nervous about putting my real information in, as I don't want to compromise my passport. I'm sure this is some kind of security breach and I'm not sure the great price for my aft cabin is worth it. So I just got off the phone with MSC who entered the correct info, but the other passport number is still listed as mine! :mad:

Does anyone know how to reach a supervisor with MSC?

MSC in the UK are not much better . I phoned them to tell them my husbands date of birth was incorrect on the booking.

I said he would not be able to go because he hadn't been born yet!

His year of birth was 2050 Im surprised the computer accepted it.The girl had to go away and speak to a supervisor because she didnt know how to change it.

Also our free port parking wasnt mentioned or my husbands free drinks package (agent said it was because my husband wasnt old enough to drink)!!!

The online info has now been changed apart from the drinks for my husband but we have got that confirmed on our paper confirmation from MSC so I dont think I will bother phoning again.

I have been very patient with MSC trying to correct errors on my booking. It took 4 calls (one time on hold for 1:20)to correct my husbands date of birth. When they sent me the new confirmation' date=' he was booked in a cabin with a different woman:eek:! I found this humorous and called again to correct it. New confirmation showed all was well:rolleyes: Then yesterday when I signed on to MSC I was shocked to learn that I was 30 years younger than my husband and gave birth at the ripe old age of 4 :confused:! (Must say, DH was thrilled to have such a young wife!!) All joking aside, this is what has really made me nervous: Not only was my year of birth wrong, but all my personal information such as address, email address AND Passport number were filled in (and now I was living in Italy with an Italian passport!) I am now very nervous about putting my real information in, as I don't want to compromise my passport. I'm sure this is some kind of security breach and I'm not sure the great price for my aft cabin is worth it. So I just got off the phone with MSC who entered the correct info, but the other passport number is still listed as mine! :mad:

Does anyone know how to reach a supervisor with MSC?[/quote']

Just ask for one.

I have just been checking our booking on the MSC UK website and to my amusement I have also noticed I have been replaced by a younger Italian model!!

I am sure my hubby will be thrilled at the prospect of sharing a cabin with her.

I have taken a screenshot and sent it to my travel agent who hopefully can deal with it tomorrow when she gets in the office.

Boy, I thought Royal Caribbeans website was bad but MSC's takes it to a whole new level. First they had me down as being French ( I am not!) now this.

Its a good job I am constantly checking our online booking, hopefully all these glitches will get sorted before our cruise in December.

Thing is, now that I have disappeared from the reservation I wonder whose cabin I am in!!:D

We have 2 cruises booked with MSC.

I can access the booking for the cruise in 10 days. There is only one error on the page. My birthday, on my main page still puts me at 13 years older than I am and it cannot be edited. My web check-in was successful and the birthday is correct there. My on board purchases were also posted correctly. That's the good part.

For the 2nd cruise on MSC, when we originally booked and could access their website, I found out that I was married to a man from Kampen Netherlands with the email address belonging to "anjavandenelijkel". We are U.S. citizens with good ole' American names for our e-mail addresses.

After holding for 1:20 hours, the MSC rep said that all the information was correct on "HER" screen. Yesterday, since we still could not access the site for our web-check-in and after receiving a new password, I gave up after a 22 minute hold. I have now left 5 messages for our MSC cruise consultants. His business must be booming, LOL!

After I come back from the solo cruise, we will decide if we want to just lose the deposit for the July cruise or if it's worth the hassle of accessing the site to make the necessary web check-in. :eek:

Edited by Fighterone

I would like to say I'm glad I'm not the only one...but it's not fun so I don't wish that on anyone.

I've had problems with my status match, first getting them to review it and then getting it back and it was wrong. And my birthday is still wrong. The people I've talked to can't fix it! This seems so easy to me yet this seems to be the most common problem!

Well, DH and I thought we were all set weeks ago. Both "Black", discount applied to our Seaside booking. Now we get an email that DH is "Gold" and when I asked TA to look into it, she tells me I am listed as "Welcome" level!! WTH?!!

MSC is quickly losing its luster with me! Just how screwed up are they?! :rolleyes:

MSC is quickly losing its luster with me! Just how screwed up are they?! :rolleyes:

I hear you. I've been very patient with the web issues and can certainly appreciate all those who are finding the humor in the absurdity (because it is quite funny face level). But just how screwed up is their tech department? And better yet, does the tech department have anything to do with ship safety? :)

I hear you. I've been very patient with the web issues and can certainly appreciate all those who are finding the humor in the absurdity (because it is quite funny face level). But just how screwed up is their tech department? And better yet, does the tech department have anything to do with ship safety? :)

Well now that's a scary thought!!! :eek:

I do still have confidence that the cruise will be wonderful, but I would feel better if I knew that once the reservation was booked and the Loyalty status confirmed, it would STAY AS IS!! ;)

Reading that so many people are having an awful time with the MSC website actually makes me feel better in a messed up kind of way. I thought that maybe it was just me, but it's comforting to know that I'm not alone. [emoji5]

My SIL has over 24 hours logged on the phone trying to fix reservations that MSC screwed up majorly. No matter who she speaks to she never gets the same answer twice. People's names and birthdates completely wrong. Room assignments totally wrong. It is almost as if it could not have been done worse if they had picked a stranger off the street to make her bookings. It really is a huge mess and to say she is frustrated is an understatement. If she could get all her money back at this point I am sure she would wipe MSC from her memory.

My booking; each time I call I get someone on the phone in under 5 minutes, they do exactly what I ask. I haven't had an issue with status match like others have. I have not had to ask for supervisors or have anyone correct something after the fact. So far, so good for me.

I'm curious. Are people having more trouble with their bookings if they are booking direct as opposed to a TA? Or vice versa? Just random selection of those that have problems?

I booked through a loyalty program TA. I did the Match program myself which took a couple of calls and went from Black to Gold to Black again. Then I contacted the TA for the discount and got it in less than 24 hours.

So far everything has stayed stable.

So back to my original question. Is there a correlation between having a TA or booking direct?

Charlie

So back to my original question. Is there a correlation between having a TA or booking direct?

Charlie

I don't believe there to be a correlation. I think agents and consumers experience the same frustration. There is at least one of the 'big name' travel agencies in the US who are refusing to sell MSC because the MSC site is so terrible its not worth the time/effort it takes the agents to spend sorting out the issues.

I personally spoke with a US agency who is considering removing the MSC product listing for the same reason. Sorting out MSC issues is time consuming for agents, much like what being reported for individuals on this thread. .

I've tried to save my TA some time by dealing with MSC directly for fear her agency will also stop selling MSC and I won't be able to get additional OBC should I ever choose to sail with MSC again.

Several reviews have mentioned that once on-board things run much smoother. My eggs are in that basket.

Sooo...we went from my husband being with a señorita to him being with "rayraygay" ????? After yet another phone call (on hold for 32 min), I morphed into a German living in Spain! Have left messages 3 times for a "supervisor", no return call:mad: Have emailed twice...you guessed it, no answer:mad:

Anyone having any luck with correspondence?

Thanks,

Kathy

Anyone having any luck with correspondence?

I had much better luck over the phone. My emails and online requests went unanswered so I picked up the phone and called. Magically someone answered right away and he was able to fix the issues with the loyalty match program that couldn't get fixed or kept getting botched for a month.

Everything is now fixed, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

A supervisor returned my phone call (from 2 weeks ago) on Monday and of course I wasn't home! He spoke with my husband and promised to call Tuesday after 9:00am...no call back yet! So yesterday I was from Brazil, and today back to being from Germany!! When I log in to MSC and "My Booking" comes up, that is where someone else's info is always showing. However, when I click on "My Profile", it is my personal info. They keep wanting me to put my passport number in, but I am reluctant as I have had so many other people's personal information available to me!

Has anyone else had this happen and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kathy

Im dealing with the same problem. I have had (3) different individuals personal information leaked to me in the very same way you have mentioned. Hard to tell who has obtained my personal info. Trying to fix this as we speak. So far they are doing a rebook and having new loyalty program numbers assigned. It has been anything but an enjoyable experience so far.