Dress Code

dcollier

Hi,

Just been browsing through my documentation, and noticed that it says that the evening casual dress code for men is "usually jacket and tie".

From past experience, is this really the case on casual (not formal) nights on MSC? From past experience on Celebrity and Princess, most men on casual nights were wearing either collared shirts or polo shirts, with only a few jacket and ties.

Cheers

Dave

I found(on Opera) there was overlap between nights, for instance on casual nights, some wore casual/open neck shirts, while a few others wore ties. On formal nights most wore shirt and tie but some still wore casual/open neck. On Gala nights most wore collar and tie but a fair number wore dinner jackets, bowties, etc. I didn't see anything "daytime casual" like jeans, shorts,etc. on any of the nights.

Don't worry, just enjoy........

Thanks for the news folks.

Since it's much easier to dress further down than to dress further up, it looks like I'll throw in a few ties and wear them if needed on casual and informal. Of course, I'll break out the DJ on gala nights :D

Cheers

Dave

• 10 years later...
I also read that no jeans or shorts are allowed in any common areas in the evening. Is this really the case? So I can't wear shorts to the buffet, or go to the shows in my jeans?

That is not true you can go anywhere in shorts, to the MDR i wear pants but have seen quite a few in shorts on non gala nights.This is for the Divina.

Haha, A resurrected 11 year old thread! I just posted this on another thread, might as well post it again.

From the website- Traveling with MSC Cruises is a pleasant mix of relaxing moments, parties, dinners, sports activities and shore excursions. So, when packing your suitcases, make sure you include appropriate outfits to suit each occasion.

Casual wear is recommended for life on board ship and for excursions.

For informal evenings, we recommend summery dresses for women and a lightweight jacket for men.

For the Gala evenings the dress code is more formal. We suggest a tuxedo, dinner jacket, or dark suit and tie for gentlemen, and a dressy outfit, formal gown, or cocktail dress for ladies.

We offer daytime and evening Theme Parties, so bring your finest 60s and 70s floral gear to step back in time at the Flower Glory Party, pack white clothing to join the White Party, and don’t forget something green, white and red to celebrate in true Italian style during the MSC Little Italy entertainment.

For sports lovers, gym shoes and tracksuits are must-haves when using our cutting-edge gym and attending yoga and dance courses, where available.

We also recommend you bring a pullover or shawl to help with the changes in temperature between the air conditioned interior of the ship and the deck areas.

For excursions including visits to religious sites we advise that appropriate clothing be worn (covered knees and shoulders, no low-cut tops).