Printing Luggage Tag ? CB 01-10-10

josumello

Question.........

I have printed boarding pass. My question has to do with luggage tags. Where are they?? I assumed ( never assume anything!) that they would be there when I printed out the boarding pass. I did email TA and he replies he will get back to me. We are probably going to do carry on luggage but I would still like to know where to find my luggage tags.....

Am wrapping last 2 presents this morning. Will be glad when Jan 10 gets here.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this puzzle.

Sue

event.png

Caribbean Princess

event.png

Norwegian Gem

23 Oct 2010 Norwegian Gem Greek Isles /TA Venice to NYC B2B

10 Jan 2010 Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean

18 April 2009 Serenade of the Seas Panama Canal

15 Jan 2009 Grandeur of the Seas W Caribbean

12-April-2008 Navigator of the Seas Transatlantic

28-April-2007 Radiance of the Seas Hawaii

25-July-2005 Jewel of the Seas British Isles/ Norwegian Fjords

16-Jan-2004 Majesty of the Seas Bahamas

20-July-2000 Dawn Princess Alaska

15-Jan-1996 Viking Serenade Baja/Mexico

08-Jan-1989 Festivale Caribbean

We leave the week after you (January 17). I printed my boarding pass as well and agree I was not able to find printable luggage tags anywhere online.

In mid November we received a package from our travel agent including the luggage tags from Princess. The old style ones that are actually in color.

Sue

I was just online checking this out for my upcoming cruise since this will be my first cruise with printed luggage tags. However, my cruise is at the beginning of February so maybe the old preprinted luggage tags are still being used for your cruise.

When I log into Cruise Personalizer to print my documents here is where I found the luggage tags:

From the main page of the Cruise Personalizer, in the Travel Summary section, click on the link for "View Travel Summary, Boarding Pass & Luggage Tag.

On the next screen, in the Print section, click on the link for "Print Boadring Pass & Luggage Tag.

Here is where I find the two different pdf files to print: Print Boarding Pass and Print Luggage Tag.

Good luck.

Question.........

I have printed boarding pass. My question has to do with luggage tags. Where are they?? I assumed ( never assume anything!) that they would be there when I printed out the boarding pass. I did email TA and he replies he will get back to me. We are probably going to do carry on luggage but I would still like to know where to find my luggage tags.....

Am wrapping last 2 presents this morning. Will be glad when Jan 10 gets here.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this puzzle.

Sue

If they didn't come in the mail, which they should have by now, they definitely should be in Cruise Personalizer when you select "view travel summary and boarding pass" followed by "print boarding pass and luggage tag".

Both the boarding pass and luggage tag should display as separate PDF icons. If the boarding pass icon isn't there, try calling 1 800 PRINCESS.

The agent may take care of it on the spot, even though you have a TA. It couldn't hurt to try. :D

Of course, your TA may have dropped the ball and failed to forward them to you. The Princess rep could clear that up.

A luggage tag tip:

I printed mine on photo paper. It's stronger than the previous luggage tags. I also used a hole punch for small cable ties instead of staples.

I am doing two cruises in Jan, on the first cruise I am given the option to print luggage tags as an icon right below the print boarding pass. When I received my cruise documents it gave instruction on how to print the luggage tags.

On the second cruise in Jan, that option is not there, only the option to print the boarding pass is. I received the old fashioned luggage tags with my cruise documents.

Happy sailing

Nowhere to be found is anything even mentioning luggage tags. I think my TA is working on getting pre computer luggage tags if they exist.

This is strange....

Thanks for all your help

Sue

event.png

Caribbean Princess

event.png

Norwegian Gem

Not really but we have luggage tags on the way, the old fashioned way, snail mail. TA just emailed me. He finally got them from Princess and they are in the mail. No explanation of the mix up but our TA is great so I knew he would get them!!!

Thanks everyone.

Sue

event.png

Caribbean Princess

event.png

Norwegian Gem

We leave on January 6th for our Coral LA > FLL cruise. I believe cruises leaving before January 20th were supposed to get the pre-cruise packet and luggage tags. We got nothing. No tags, no shore excursion booklet... nothing. When I went on the Princess site to download and print the shore excursion booklet pdf, there's none for our cruise. I had to go into each port's information, print out the list of available shore excursions, and then print a page for each excursion. Ugh!

My TA was told by princess that all documents for our 01-10-10 CB cruise was would be via the WEB site. He told me this months ago. When I reported to him last week no luggage tags to be found he was surprised. As I mentioned it has been resolved, hopefully...........

Sue

event.png

Caribbean Princess

event.png

Norwegian Gem

I don't understand how you can possibly print luggage tags at home? First of all, luggage tags are made from very strong plasticized material, and secondly, they are held on with strong adhesive. The concept of printing tags on a home printer and affixing them somehow seems to make no rational sense.

I don't understand how you can possibly print luggage tags at home? First of all, luggage tags are made from very strong plasticized material, and secondly, they are held on with strong adhesive. The concept of printing tags on a home printer and affixing them somehow seems to make no rational sense.
They're really not bad. You print them out and they have fold marks. Once folded, they're pretty strong. I put a piece of clear package tape over the tag, which really strengthened it, and I plan to staple the ends together over the luggage handle. Heck, I'm going to put two on each bag.

I will try putting "transparent" duct tape as a backing. Package tape is also good idea.

Once folded, they're pretty strong. I put a piece of clear package tape over the tag, which really strengthened it, and I plan to staple the ends together over the luggage handle. Heck, I'm going to put two on each bag.

I put a piece of clear package tape over the tag, which really strengthened it, and I plan to staple the ends together over the luggage handle. Heck, I'm going to put two on each bag.

And how much of this do you do at the airport after claiming your luggage or at the hotel you have been at before the cruise?

We leave on January 6th for our Coral LA > FLL cruise. I believe cruises leaving before January 20th were supposed to get the pre-cruise packet and luggage tags. We got nothing. No tags, no shore excursion booklet... nothing. When I went on the Princess site to download and print the shore excursion booklet pdf, there's none for our cruise. I had to go into each port's information, print out the list of available shore excursions, and then print a page for each excursion. Ugh!

Pam - things are a little off with Princess. We too were told we would get the cruise book and luggage tags. But in the end

Jan 9 - electronic luggage tags, cruise book mailed out etc, with detail on how to print out luggage tags, sailing on the crown

Jan 19 - regular luggage tags, cruise book mailed out, shore excursions etc, but only received it last week (which was about a month after I received the Jan 9th sailing documents)

Somehow Princess' comments about edocs after Jan 20th sailing doesn't apply here. Just wish they would be consistent, makes it hard to relay to others what to expect.

Thanks

We are leaving Jan 31 on the CB. I was able to print my luggage tags today with no problems. I then received a call from my TA who informed me that my travel docs (boarding pass and luggage tags) had arrived and that I should stop by to pick them up.

If you are using the tags you print I recommend taking them to Kinko's and having them laminated. It's cheap and they are not likely to come off. Simply use a hole punch, take a zip tie, and place them on your bags.

I am just going to fold the luggage tags as per instructions and tape them. It should hold up, not too concerned, even if for some reason they come off our bags are tagged with our names and a quick search of the manifest would locate our cabin.

Unless the crew is carrying my heavy bag by the luggage tag... somehow that gorilla commerical with him throwing the bags around is entering my thoughts :eek:

And how much of this do you do at the airport after claiming your luggage or at the hotel you have been at before the cruise?
I do it (put the clear package tape on the "tags") before leaving home. Unless I'm spending more than a couple of days pre-cruise at the embarkation port, I put the tags on before leaving home, even when flying.

A suggestion from post #4

A luggage tag tip:

I printed mine on photo paper. It's stronger than the previous luggage tags. I also used a hole punch for small cable ties instead of staples.

Archived