Dining Embarkation day

Hi All

Cruising on Black Watch in June for the first time previously having cruised with Celebrity P&O and Princess. I read an old review (going back to 2009) from someone who had booked a suite (as we have) and they were allowed to embark early and the main dining room was open for lunches. Is this still the case as a later review advises there is no options for lunch on embarkation days.

I would appreciate any advise.

Best Regards

Hi Yorkshire Pride

We were on Black Watch for christmas and had a suite but it didn't make any difference as to what time we boarded.

Boarding starts for everyone at 2 o'clock.

We were on the Braemar a couple of weeks ago and they boarded Suite passengers first then gold members.

They hand out numbered tickets when you check in and that is how you are called to go through security and finally board your ship.

There will be afternoon tea served, other than that your next meal will be your evening meal.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Susan

We were on Braemar last November and they had just changed their embarkation order. Everyone is still given an embarkation time which is basically ordered from the top of the ship down and all suites have priority to that, so the cabins which are on a higher deck will be given an earlier embarkation time.

What had changed is that gold members only get priority if they have paid freedom fare. The priorities at the terminal were suites, gold if they were on freedom fare, other freedom fare passengers, then other passengers and each of those groups were given different coloured embarkation cards, which were also numbered as has been previously stated. The system could have reverted, but at the time other people were reporting the same as me. We embarked very early for that cruise as we arrived early and were booked on a freedom fare, even though we were in a lower deck cabin.

If you are on Black Watch in June, I assume you will be sailing from Liverpool. I have enquired about and sailed from there last July and am a local. There are not a lot of facilities at the port but there is an alternative. The system was that luggage could be accepted from about midday, (assuming there are no delays with the ship), so it was possible for us to drop off our luggage soon after midday and easily pop into town, (or one of the adjacent hotels), for a bite to eat, which worked very well for us. Don't leave it late getting back though, or you will be at the end of a big queue when you return. May be worth giving Fred a ring to check when luggage can be accepted if you are thinking of doing that, as different cruises have different embarkation schedules.