First time Fred

boatboy2000

Funny we were looking at that cruise last night. As it looks a jolly good deal.

Bet the cruise will be great, might just be joining you.

We have visited all the ports before, with the Balmoral, they are really good.

Booked Black Watch sailing out of Liverpool 11th May to the Fjords for a change, got free drinks and tips, no charge to book cabin and no booking fee either.

Our first time sailing out UK and with Fred

Was talking to a Norwegian in Venice :rolleyes: on a Thomson cruise and he said that May was a very good time to visit the fjords. I have also booked with FO to the Baltic in August so although I got the 10% I didn't get the free drinks or tips!! :(

Just looked at the itinerary boatboy. Not been to the first two two ports, but the others are great. Bergen is just about my favourite city, been there twice. We went to Eidfjord on Fire and Ice last year - a little place, but absolutely beautiful and Gerainger - out of this world :D

Can I come with you?:D:D

We are really looking forward to it, wanted to cruise out of Liverpool for some time now.We are approx 20 miles away so will get somebody to drop us off, no problems with the weight of case's. Hope to dump the luggage and maybe have a wander around Liverpool before we sail. Never sailed from UK before, so hoping it will be more relaxed than the long day queuing at airports.;)

Never sailed from UK before, so hoping it will be more relaxed than the long day queuing at airports.;)

Certainly better than the airports, but not without a bit of queuing and security to deal with.

When you get your final documents a couple of weeks before you depart, they will let you know roughly when you can board.

Plan on eating lunch before you board as the first proper meal service will be in the evening.

There will be afternoon tea and sandwiches, but there will not be a lunch service.

Edited by Mark_T

We will be sailing from the UK on Boudicca. We have arranged for Dinner in the MDR at 8.30pm. What time does the buffet restaurant open and will we be able to have a snack there to keep us going till 8.30pm? I'm afraid afternoon tea will not appeal to my husband.

We will be sailing from the UK on Boudicca. We have arranged for Dinner in the MDR at 8.30pm. What time does the buffet restaurant open and will we be able to have a snack there to keep us going till 8.30pm? I'm afraid afternoon tea will not appeal to my husband.

You won't be boarding until the afternoon so the best advice is really to make sure you do get a good lunch before you board.

However, yes, you could go to the buffet, but it will not open until around 6:00-6:15 or so to coincide with the first dinner seating.

On other days you also have the option of the complimentary cabin service but this does not operate on the first and last days of the cruise.

Edited by Mark_T

You won't be boarding until the afternoon so the best advice is really to make sure you do get a good lunch before you board.

However, yes, you could go to the buffet, but it will not open until around 6:00-6:15 or so to coincide with the first dinner seating.

On other days you also have the option of the complimentary cabin service but this does not operate on the first and last days of the cruise.

Thank you for that information, Mark.

Jackie - Afternoon Tea with FO is superior to the other cruise line you are used to! Beautiful sandwiches & wraps; lovely proper scones & tempting cakes!!!

We had a large late breakfast which kept us going until a light bite at teatime!

Does anyone know if the current free drinks offer includes the 50% off premium drinks.

I don't see why it wouldn't as the offer is for an upgrade to the 'All Inclusive' package and that does include the discount on premium drinks.

The wording in the offer doesn't really make it as clear as it should though I agree.

No harm in phoning or getting your TA to clarify that though.

Thanks Mark, I have just confirmed with Fred that it does. A very good deal I think:)

We've certainly found it useful.

We don't particularly enjoy the house wines served with the meals, but the 50% discount makes it cheap to buy something better from the wine list.

Is it just white & red house wines now? Ie no sparkling or rose?

Certainly looks that way from the current description.

It's been a year since we last used it, but there was rose back then, would be good to hear from someone who has been onboard more recently.

Certainly looks that way from the current description.

It's been a year since we last used it, but there was rose back then, would be good to hear from someone who has been onboard more recently.

We were on Boudicca in September had had the rose wine - it was very nice :D

Jackie - Afternoon Tea with FO is superior to the other cruise line you are used to! Beautiful sandwiches & wraps; lovely proper scones & tempting cakes!!!

We had a large late breakfast which kept us going until a light bite at teatime!

I would recommend a meal before boarding. The first time we went on the Braemar, it was from Dover. We arrived at the alloted time, boarded, found our cabin and went to the safety drill. When that had finished, we went to the buffet to find just tea and biscuits left :(

Only went for afternoon tea when with the girls, husband prefers the cooked savouries. Usually has lunch in the ports of call whereas I would just have a coffee. I'll be alright on board, lol. :).

I would recommend a meal before boarding. The first time we went on the Braemar, it was from Dover. We arrived at the alloted time, boarded, found our cabin and went to the safety drill. When that had finished, we went to the buffet to find just tea and biscuits left :(

I guess it will be fish and chips from the Quayside in North Shields for lunch. Fish fresh from the boats across the road (so I am told).

• 1 month later...

Hi, I too am booked on this cruise and really looking forward to it. I was in Bergen and Geiranger last year which was wonderful but have never been to Alesund and Olden which I want to see. Also very excited to see there is a trip from Bergen to Flam and the railway which I will do. Anyone else thinking of doing it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk