Solstice cabin questions???

Sue L

Hi all,

I just booked my first Celebrity cruise, though this will be #16 overall. I am Platinum on RCCL so Select on Celebrity. I figured it was time to try Celebrity though we loved our Brilliance Med cruise last month.

I have a C2 on the hump 9243 booked but 9241 is also available anyone know which balcony is larger??? Or same size???

I searched in the solstice cabin thread but there is conflicting info for those cabins , so just trying to figure out which is right. If you have been in 9241, 9243 or the mirror image rooms on the starboard side 9296 or 9298 I would love to know your opinions.

Also what perks do you get for being in a conceirge class? I know about the 2 points but what else? I have gotten some answers from the RCCL board but would love the input from this board also.

thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I just booked my first Celebrity cruise, though this will be #16 overall. I am Platinum on RCCL so Select on Celebrity. I figured it was time to try Celebrity though we loved our Brilliance Med cruise last month.

I have a C2 on the hump 9243 booked but 9241 is also available anyone know which balcony is larger??? Or same size???

I searched in the solstice cabin thread but there is conflicting info for those cabins , so just trying to figure out which is right. If you have been in 9241, 9243 or the mirror image rooms on the starboard side 9296 or 9298 I would love to know your opinions.

Also what perks do you get for being in a conceirge class? I know about the 2 points but what else? I have gotten some answers from the RCCL board but would love the input from this board also.

thanks in advance.

From what have read 9241 has one of the largest balconies. Supposedly it goes largest, larger, largest, larger.

Equinox cabins with large balconies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equinox cabins with large balconies

Found this earlier - sounded interesting. I had saved this from another thread. Seems like good info!

"I personally LOVED my C1 hump cabin #1243 - about triple the size of a standard balcony - it was HUGE!!!!! Literally the largest non-suite balcony on the ship! The balcony was great for hosting cocktail parties - we had 25+ people out there one day! Being on the aft part of the hump there was virtually no wind issue to deal with. We got sun when we wanted it, and shade if desired as well. Due to balcony depth there were no privacy issues related to the angled shape.

There are 58 +/- cabins with the same size balcony we had - they are:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8199, 8162, 8255, 8259, 8281, 8285, 8228, 8232, 8254, 8258

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Most of these are on the hump, but some are forward where the ship starts to indent. The rooms run the range from Category 2C, 1A, C1, or AQ (with the exception of 6209/6210 which are categorized as 07 Obstucted Balcony - great balcony at a small price!). There are also many cabins adjacent to the ones I listed that also have oversized balconies that are about double the size of normal ones, but I would go for the triple sized ones first

Hope this helps!

Scott

P.S. - I'd also tend to choose the ones that angle to the aft over the ones that angle towards the bow as the forward facing ones could tend to get windy ..."

Hi all,

thanks in advance.

Stateroom 9241 is the larger stateroom of the two, and I would go for that one if you have the option. On the Starboard side, 9296 is the larger stateroom also. The difference is 9241 has the bed by the bath whereas 9296 has the bed near the balcony. My preference would be 9241.

Stateroom 9241 is the larger stateroom of the two, and I would go for that one if you have the option. On the Starboard side, 9296 is the larger stateroom also. The difference is 9241 has the bed by the bath whereas 9296 has the bed near the balcony. My preference would be 9241.

WOOHOOO!!! I was still able to get 9241, Solstice here I come. I am getting very excited about this. Last cruise was last month on the Brilliance of the Seas 12 night med and was VERY port intensive, looking forward to not running the whole cruise and maybe actually relaxing on vacation...what a concept. :D

WOOHOOO!!! I was still able to get 9241, Solstice here I come. I am getting very excited about this. Last cruise was last month on the Brilliance of the Seas 12 night med and was VERY port intensive, looking forward to not running the whole cruise and maybe actually relaxing on vacation...what a concept. :D

You'll love that stateroom -- we have the one right above this one (1247) next week for Solstice TA back to Ft Lauderdale. We were in 1606 during Solstice's April TA, and the balconies are all the same size. You can fit 6 to 8 people out there comfortably for wine/cocktails. You could get 25 people out there only if they were all crammed into the space like sardines. :)

Enjoy your cruise -- You'll love Solstice.

You'll love that stateroom -- we have the one right above this one (1247) next week for Solstice TA back to Ft Lauderdale. We were in 1606 during Solstice's April TA, and the balconies are all the same size. You can fit 6 to 8 people out there comfortably for wine/cocktails. You could get 25 people out there only if they were all crammed into the space like sardines. :)

Enjoy your cruise -- You'll love Solstice.

Is your cabin like mine??? Could you take some pictures of both the cabin and the balcony and post on the boards? I would be grateful.

free champagne in cabin, better breakfast menu. snack late afternoon.

You get one bottle of cheap champagne (of the headache-inducing variety), and the snack is a daily plate of unpalatable "canapes." With a little sleuthing on these threads, you will encounter many similar complaints about these so-called canapes, consisting of some peculiar looking and foul tasting mystery morsels. Some posters have indicated that they have successfully requested cracker substitutes, so keep that in mind. On our most recent cruise with CC status, the champagne remained in the same ice bucket for the duration of the cruise, and the steward never even bothered to replenish the ice, which made it even less inviting over time. Having been forewarned about the canapes, I nevertheless took the plunge and tasted one of them on the first day, just to see for myself -- much to my regret. Although ignored for the rest of the cruise, the untouched plates were dutifully removed each day and a new one substituted. Total waste. And given all the chow you are stuffing yourself with otherwise on the cruise, there is hardly any need or desire for any such snack mid-afternoon anyway. We were never tempted to order a substitute. Had I had a sudden craving for a snack, I probably would have headed for the ice cream station and scarfed a free and ever-available ice-cream cone.

The other "benefit" of CC is what is touted as priority status at embarkation, which means that the line you stand in for check-in purposes prior to boarding is somewhat shorter than others, but it is also longer than those for the AQ and suite passengers. They get service before you do. So what? You get on-board in pretty quick fashion no matter which line you are relegated to.

One other note: Post-cruise, a fellow Concierge Class passenger on same Mercury cruise posted a review in which he indicated that he requested and obtained extra pillows and a foam topper for his mattress for the benefit of his wife's injured hip. Would like to think any passenger would be so accommodated, but not sure.

After experiencing the "perks" of CC, would never waste my money again. JMHO.

There are lots of threads re if cc is "worth it" to individuals. My dh and I think that the "perks" are so minimal, that to pay extra would not be what we would do with our money. That money could be spent in the specialty restaurant, bottles of nice wine, private land tours, a nice precruise hotel etc

We have received things from the" Perks" list by just asking our room steward. I have nothing against the category. Just don't see the value for my dh and me. Others feel differently.

• 4 months later...

it really all depends on how much extra the cc perks are. We love them if it does not over-inflate the price of a cruise. sometimes when you book early you can get a great price on a cc cabin and some of them have larger balconies. It's really a matter of doing your homework!

I agree...we don't care about champagne nor canapes but we do enjoy the better towels, flowers in the stateroom and the priority embarkation - it is still better than the other lines IMHO. But if the cost difference isn't much we take it...this time we got CC for only $40 more than 1A category balcony so we took it...and plan to enjoy the perks! o)

Lois.... not yet..... (she's part of our 9/12/10 roll call!) :p

Hi Julia:) ohhhhhhhhh ok.....and I am still thinking about joining you.

I am not usually so fickle about what cruise to take but in this case

I am just totally undecided:eek:

Hi all,

thanks in advance.

We enjoyed cabins 9296 & 9298 during the 03/28 cruise. The cabins are exactly alike except for the balconies. We kept the cabin doors open and there was one main door we kept closed. It was fantastic. The balcony for 9296 is larger because of the depth. We opened the outside balconies so they could connect together. We could put both tables on the balconies together and enjoy breakfast for 4 on the 9296 balcony.

The only thing I didn't like about 9296 is the drawers in the bathroom. They need to be relined. THis was our 2nd cruise on Solstice and the first time everything was brand new. I just kept my stuff in the makeup bag and put it in the tall part of the bathroom cabinet. One other good thing about 9296 is there is no door next to it on the left. Was a maintance closet but did not here any noise. We would book these rooms together again. The remote control sounded like it was on it's last leg too.

These rooms are cc1 and we enjoyed a full breakfast menu, more pillows and the other gifts of totes and leather key card holders. Also once you go around the corner the stairs and elevators are right there.

Enjoy!

Hi Julia:) ohhhhhhhhh ok.....and I am still thinking about joining you.

I am not usually so fickle about what cruise to take but in this case

I am just totally undecided:eek:

Lois:

Please go check out the roll call.... perhaps you and JanT might work something out? ;)

Lois:

Please go check out the roll call.... perhaps you and JanT might work something out? ;)

Hi Julia:)....work something out? Oh, sharing a cabin? No thanks.

I haven't done that in years and although she might be a really nice

person I value my own space too much to give it up:)

Did the Original Poster end up sailing SOLSTICE? She started this thread

back in November.

Hi Lois

As Julia said I am on the Sept 12 sailing and I took cabin 9241, looking so forward to it immensely.

Archived