VIP Boarding

Dawn125408

We will be cruising with SIL and BIL in about 3 weeks. I did all the booking and researching for DH and myself. This will be our 2nd cruise. SIL and BIL went thru a travel agent. This is their 3rd cruise. They got a good rate because he is retired from the Air Force. SIL is thinking about renting a wheel chair. We were visiting with them today and they told us they have VIP status, and wanted to know if we got it. I said no - as far as I know you only get that after your 10th cruise - or maybe (not sure) if you have a suite (which they don't). They were very emphatic that their travel agent told them that they get to board first and get to be first in any lines:rolleyes:. After they insisted that they were VIP, I told them to save us a seat on Lido then :D. I doubt very much if they get VIP - but am I missing something? They told us that they had a Fun Pass, and I chuckled and said that we ALL get a Fun Pass - but they said theirs was different.

Actually, it may be somewhat miscontrued, but not entirely. If she boards in a wheelchair, she indeed, at the ports Iv been to, will board with the suites and the platinum cruisers.

I know because of my own sister and we got to board with VIP before I turned platinum.

I guess I should ask if she is disabled?? You mentioned she wanted to rent a wheelchair.

But being HC isnt VIP .. but maybe her TA was able to give it to her.

My fun pass does say VIP up in the corner .. sounds like what she has if you told you hers has something different.

If this is only their 3rd cruise on Carnival and they are not booked in a Suite you are correct...

If they use a wheelchair they will be boarded after the VIP's but not 1st.

Carnival has updated their website over the last week or so and the "Fun Pass" is now listed as a "Boarding Pass" and they do look different... If you are VIP your Luggage Tags will also say VIP on them.

You have the right attitude when you said to save you a seat.. there are some people that you cant change their mind so just sit back and let them find out on their own. :D

We will be cruising with SIL and BIL in about 3 weeks. I did all the booking and researching for DH and myself. This will be our 2nd cruise. SIL and BIL went thru a travel agent. This is their 3rd cruise. They got a good rate because he is retired from the Air Force. SIL is thinking about renting a wheel chair. We were visiting with them today and they told us they have VIP status, and wanted to know if we got it. I said no - as far as I know you only get that after your 10th cruise - or maybe (not sure) if you have a suite (which they don't). They were very emphatic that their travel agent told them that they get to board first and get to be first in any lines:rolleyes:. After they insisted that they were VIP, I told them to save us a seat on Lido then :D. I doubt very much if they get VIP - but am I missing something? They told us that they had a Fun Pass, and I chuckled and said that we ALL get a Fun Pass - but they said theirs was different.

Next time you cruise with them....check and see if you can get the military rate as well. I believe they are allowed to book two cabins with the military rate.....

The TA is probably talking about Handicap Check In and Embarkation ....

the normal boarding order is:

Wedding parties

VIP (Platinum and Suites)

Handicap

then the rest of the passengers per zone

Galveston always lets HC board after wedding parties from what Iv seen. Not fair?? but its not like a dozen or so HC folks, canes, wheelchairs etc are going to hold up embarkation that long. They also have two lines to start boarding, two places for photos, one for HC and the rest to the other line.

Next time you cruise with them....check and see if you can get the military rate as well. I believe they are allowed to book two cabins with the military rate.....

The TA is probably talking about Handicap Check In and Embarkation ....

the normal boarding order is:

Wedding parties

VIP (Platinum and Suites)

Handicap

then the rest of the passengers per zone

We book military and we can book 2 cabins, when its offered... NOT all the time.

Military Friends & Family has been offered twice a year in the past - usually during May and sometime in the fall. We have seen them offer up to 3 extra cabins for friends & family for each qualified military cabin.

Also, my 2 cents... The prior posts are correct. You get VIP priority boarding at embarkation if you are Platinum Concierge class (starts with your 10th cruise) or if you are booked in a suite. There are additional benefits for Platinum:

• Priority Embarkation - VIP Check In
  • Personal Guest Service Staff - An exclusive, fully staffed Platinum Desk
  • Personalized Stationery
  • Canapés - for cruises 5 days or longer only
  • Petit Fours
  • Carnival Logo Item
  • Complimentary Entry Fee into Blackjack or Slot Tournament - 18 years & older
  • Complimentary Wash and Fold Laundry Service
  • Guaranteed Dining Assignments
  • Guests may change their assigned dining time.
  • Guaranteed Steakhouse Reservations
  • Priority Spa Carnival Reservations and Complimentary Treatment Upgrade
  • Priority Tender Boarding
  • Priority Debarkation

Yes, you are correct! According to Carnival, VIP embarkation & debarkation are the perks you will receive if you are in a deluxe suite. No other perks until you are on your 10th cruise and at that point you will receive the Platinum Concierge perks. Hope that helps! :D

am i correct in assuming that by booking a suite and not being platinum, that the VIP embarkation debarkation is about the only so called platinum perks that you receive?

From carnival.com:

VIP Check-In Program

Priority Debarkation

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Priority Debarkation

In addition, Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, the guest will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to debark the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

Archived