Carnival Victory Balcony Cabins - FYI

rwillis9

Sorry this is alittle late. My wife and I went on the Carnival Victory this past March and had an awesome time and room. We stayed in cabin 6432 port side. This should also apply to cabins 6424, 6451, and 6459; all on the upper deck as well as 7416 and 7419 on the Empress deck. I was not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but I thought I would anyway. These rooms are designed somewhat different due to the crew stairwell that is right next to them. While most of the rooms we looked into were long and narrow, ours was not. We were the last room before the aft suite cabins and we actually shared a private hall with the suite. We had a small entryway the led into the main part of the cabin. It was rather decent size and because of the layout, we had a queen bed already in place instead of the twins (always like this in these rooms) and we had a longer balcony with two windows and a door vs the standard 1 window and door. I had studied the deck plans and then looked at pictures of the ship to find this out. It was great and very quiet. There were alot of kids down the hall that would run around, but because of the design (set back farther) and the seperate hallway/door we never heard them until we walked out. Hope this helps some people. It is a way to get a bigger balcony and more windows with a Cat 8a price. They did try to keep upgrading me (4 times) and I had to insist that I wanted that cabin only. Now this time when they wanted to upgrade me on the Celebration from a Guarantee OV rate to a 6D, I had no problem with that one! :D

There is a full size sofa next to the bed and there was a stool in front of the mirror under the TV. As you go in, there is a small hallway with the closests on the left hand side. Right next to that is the mirror/chair area and then the sofa. There were two night stands (1 on each side of the bed.) On the balcony there was a table, a lounge chair, and a regular plastic chair. I will try and post a some pics later today or add one to here. Hope this helps.

good write up, we have cabin 6459 on the Triumph in April, and liked the idea of a more panoramic veiw with a longer deck. What about the noise from deck 5, there is a lounge under us and wonder will there be noise from that. We are headed for four ports of call Half Moon, Grand Turks, St. Thomas and San Juan, when in port, does my cabin face the island or the sea. We survived 4 people in a cabind of 145 sq feet and did not feel crowded, this trip is only 2, so this room should feel plenty big, thanks for the pics

rwillis: May I have your permission to add your shots to my collect of cabins for future cabin questions?

Tom E Boy: the captain makes the decision on what way to dock when he gets to the ports. Depends on when the ship arrives compared to how many others are there.

In St Thomas more then likly you will be facing the port.

here is a link to the cams in St Thomas:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/caribbeanindex.html

rwillis: May I have your permission to add your shots to my collect of cabins for future cabin questions?

Tom E Boy: the captain makes the decision on what way to dock when he gets to the ports. Depends on when the ship arrives compared to how many others are there.

In St Thomas more then likly you will be facing the port.

here is a link to the cams in St Thomas:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/caribbeanindex.html

You are more than welcome to do whatever you would like with the pics. Anyway they or I can help, just let me know. I am going to try and go through the rest of my pics (about 1,500) from the cruise and get them posted on webshots first thing this week to try and help some more.

• 2 months later...
There are 4 pics of the stateroom. Two are kind of dark, but you can still see it.http://community.webshots.com/album/555621040pEZIJU

Man this is amazing I was just doing a search for this exact room before I book for Oct. this make a huge difference then the diagram shows!! and if this happens to be cabin 7419 then I am sold, thanks :D

When I was on the CCL site I seen these rooms yesterday and today and could not figure out the deal with the odd shape, until I seen the pictures I was just confused. Now that I see the sofa, queen size bed and large balcony I makes me understand a little bit better.. We are goin in a group of about 8 and this would be nice us use the large deck for drinks before or after dinner .

the aft balconies are bigger--

I dint know if you could get 8 people out on your balcony-- unless you have all the cabins next to each other-- then just get the dividers opened up.

I had the L shaped cabin on the Liberty-- I did not like it. Felt I had more space in the cabin on the aft

The photos & description are great! We will be in cabin 6424 (Victory) on Feb 11th & were really interested in what the cabin layout would be.

Glad it helped. We really enjoyed the room and it was great to be able to lean over the balcony and see the rear of the ship as well. Enjoy your cruise.

• 6 months later...

6432 is our cabin on the Victory March 2, 2008. I hope you took good care of it for us. One question, is the balcony really private or can you see it from the upper decks? From what it looks from external views of the ship, it looks like it is not that private. I do like to sit or sunbathe on it and don't want people staring at me or my wife.

6432 is our cabin on the Victory March 2, 2008. I hope you took good care of it for us. One question, is the balcony really private or can you see it from the upper decks? From what it looks from external views of the ship, it looks like it is not that private. I do like to sit or sunbathe on it and don't want people staring at me or my wife.

tHE balconies are not really private.

you cant see you from above or below. The people next door can look into your balcony if youlean over the rail- the divider doors are plexiglass and you can see shadows.

2498147650062547426hYwqZI_th.jpg

you will be able to hear whole conversations. No one is going to be staring.

You wont be laying on lounge chairs because they wont fit

Thats the cabin we will be in Feb of 2009 if the Victory replaces the Destiny!! i like the ideal of the couch we didn't have one on the Valor!! As for the lounge chair we had one on our deck and it worked out just fine!! And we had and L shape cabin!!! You will enjoy this cabin alot!!

Sorry this is alittle late. My wife and I went on the Carnival Victory this past March and had an awesome time and room. We stayed in cabin 6432 port side. This should also apply to cabins 6424, 6451, and 6459; all on the upper deck as well as 7416 and 7419 on the Empress deck. I was not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but I thought I would anyway. These rooms are designed somewhat different due to the crew stairwell that is right next to them. While most of the rooms we looked into were long and narrow, ours was not. We were the last room before the aft suite cabins and we actually shared a private hall with the suite. We had a small entryway the led into the main part of the cabin. It was rather decent size and because of the layout, we had a queen bed already in place instead of the twins (always like this in these rooms) and we had a longer balcony with two windows and a door vs the standard 1 window and door. I had studied the deck plans and then looked at pictures of the ship to find this out. It was great and very quiet. There were alot of kids down the hall that would run around, but because of the design (set back farther) and the seperate hallway/door we never heard them until we walked out. Hope this helps some people. It is a way to get a bigger balcony and more windows with a Cat 8a price. They did try to keep upgrading me (4 times) and I had to insist that I wanted that cabin only. Now this time when they wanted to upgrade me on the Celebration from a Guarantee OV rate to a 6D, I had no problem with that one! :D

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering about these rooms. I could not decide on an L room or an aft. I think the L with 2 windows, a balcony and a true queen bed is the way to go.:)

• 6 months later...

Hello rwillis9

Do you know if the Valor has the same layout as the Victory? I would love to have the kind of room you did, and I am trying to figure out if it would be the same on the Valor. THANKS!!

Angelene:)

Archived