8045/8046

SuSu530

Has anyone stayed in 8045 or 8046 on the Millenium class ships? Is the balcony really larger or does the angle make it smaller than it looks? How is the motion in the forward part of the ship? Is the balcony shaded because it appears to be set back?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

I've never stayed in 8045/8046, but we have 8046 booked this summer :D and I've read on these boards that it has a larger than usual balcony. It is my understanding that the rectangular portion of the balcony is the same as the other balcony cabins, but then the triangular part is a bonus! We've never stayed in a balcony cabin before, so we can't wait!!!

Hello,

We had cabin 8046 on Infinity last year to Alaska and YES, the balcony is about twice the size of the normal balconies alongside you because of the triangular section made by the hump.

We had a lounger, 2 chairs and a medium sized round table on our balcony and still had room to move. There was no real shading except right back in front of your sliding access door. Best of both worlds really. In Alaska, the sun was not a problem.

Because it is behind the hump, it was also sheltered from any wind when in motion. We really did not have a lot of rough seas except as we were heading to Sitka and I couldn't determine any more effect in our cabin than mid-ships. I am very prone to travel sickness but had no problems.

Hope this helps you decide!!!! We would definitely book it again versus a normal balcony cabin.

We were in 8046 on the Infinity for a 14 night cruise to Hawaii in April, 2007. There was a lot of extra veranda room compared to the cabins with a normal rectangular veranda. The chaise lounge was a nice touch in addition to the two chairs and round table. The table was fine for having breakfast on the many sea days.

There is an overhang (the floor of deck 10) but we had full sun most of the day. The overhang didn't have much effect on the sun exposure.

We had some heavy seas (25+ feet waves) and there was no discomfort in the vicinity of our cabin.

We would take this cabin again in a heartbeat. The only problem is that the cabin is pretty far forward when you are rushing to dinner in the main dining room in the aft portion of the ship.

Les

Hi George and Joyce,

Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you and your family. It is hard to believe that it has been over a year since our Mercury Mexican Riviera sailing! You must be getting ready for your Med sailing on the Galaxy!

Enjoy!

:)

Has anyone stayed in 8045 or 8046 on the Millenium class ships? Is the balcony really larger or does the angle make it smaller than it looks? How is the motion in the forward part of the ship? Is the balcony shaded because it appears to be set back?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

Here is a photo of 8046. It's two above 6048. It is really larger by about 1/2 than "normal". http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1377764563072643706XEzqXz

Thanks for all of your replies. The pictures really illustrate the point. 8046 sounds and looks like a great balcony. I'm going to book it now for next year before someone else grabs it!:)

CaliforniaDreamin....Thanks so much for the picture. We just booked 8046 for a cruise next January. You just confirmed that the balcony is just what I hoped it would be.

• 2 years later...

Anybody knows if the bed is near the bath or the veranda at this two cabins? Is the view forward restricted by the hump? Are these cabins definetly better than a standard CC anywhere else on class M, deck 8? I can't pick those at deck 6 because there are no inside cabins there and my kids are booked across the hallway. Thanks!

Anybody knows if the bed is near the bath or the veranda at this two cabins? Is the view forward restricted by the hump? Are these cabins definetly better than a standard CC anywhere else on class M, deck 8? I can't pick those at deck 6 because there are no inside cabins there and my kids are booked across the hallway. Thanks!

The bed is closer to the bathroom in 8046 as there is a settee and small table and chair and writing desk etc. on the balcony access side.

We are in 9043 on our upcoming Connie cruise. Is this cabin the same as the ones on 8.

Thanks for the info.

If you are on the Sky deck in 9043, I believe the only difference will be the extra large overhang above your veranda and those supporting metal posts for the deck above you. So in 9043 you would get more shade and will be further from the water; otherwise the cabin should be the same.

Enjoy it all!

Archived