South America 60 day Island Princess

This was released today according to the Princess thread. However I cannot find it on the Princess site either using Chrome or Firefox. Maybe its not available for viewing on Princess Australia site.

I believe it leaves Fort Lauderdale on 24 January 2018. I was curious on price and itinerary.

I also noticed while browsing around the site that Sapphire Princess has come back on line to book for cruises out of Singapore.

Not ready to commit to it yet. Just wanted to see the itinerary and the opening price.

The 84 day one is too much time off work though the pricing has become somewhat attractive.

Not ready to commit to it yet. Just wanted to see the itinerary and the opening price.

The 84 day one is too much time off work though the pricing has become somewhat attractive.

Yeah the pricing is looking good, but time off is always a problem

I just had a look on another website that provides timetables for most of the major cruise companies.

There is a gap in the Island Princess schedule that matches what you are looking for. Don't know how to interpret this though.

Have done South America BA to LA on Golden Princess in 2014, fantastic journey and am on Island Princess in Nov, LA - Panama Canal - LA, so will do review on the ship.

Yes, Princess have added extra cabins aft, wiping out Universe Lounge and Promenade Deck Aft, but these ships do not always sail full and thus are not always crowded, they are having 3 shows a night on IP Princess theatre and some recent reviews still give good marks to Island Princess, Mr Brisbane41, so don't prejudge her.

Edited by NSWP

Have done South America BA to LA on Golden Princess in 2014, fantastic journey and am on Island Princess in Nov, LA - Panama Canal - LA, so will do review on the ship.

Yes, Princess have added extra cabins aft, wiping out Universe Lounge and Promenade Deck Aft, but these ships do not always sail full and thus are not always crowded, they are having 3 shows a night on IP Princess theatre and some recent reviews still give good marks to Island Princess, Mr Brisbane41, so don't prejudge her.

We did LA to Rio over Christmas 2014 on the Golden and it was a great journey. Doing the Panama transit on the Island just before your cruise so we'll both have plenty to say about her.

I'm not bothered by the ship. Price and itinerary are my primary considerations.

Agree. The itinerary outweighs all else.

it took a lot of lateral thinking as like princess being from Australia it shut you out...

I remembered a few years ago there was a link on CC put on by an American to a website that held digital brochures... after a fair few google combinations I was able to find it... the world cruise also looks really good if you don't mind flying to LA

it took a lot of lateral thinking as like princess being from Australia it shut you out...

I remembered a few years ago there was a link on CC put on by an American to a website that held digital brochures... after a fair few google combinations I was able to find it... the world cruise also looks really good if you don't mind flying to LA

I'm going to book mark the link. Thank you very much.

The Americans really do get some nice booking perks. OBC and free grats.

Edited by icat2000

Good sleuthing.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

• 2 months later...

We booked this 60-day cruise at around $15500 each for mini suite. Minimum price for inside is $10,999.

This was released today according to the Princess thread. However I cannot find it on the Princess site either using Chrome or Firefox. Maybe its not available for viewing on Princess Australia site.

I believe it leaves Fort Lauderdale on 24 January 2018. I was curious on price and itinerary.

I also noticed while browsing around the site that Sapphire Princess has come back on line to book for cruises out of Singapore.

That's a superb itinerary.:) A few years ago we cruised on the Grand Princess from Fort Lauderdale around South America, ending up in San Francisco. It was superb. We often meet people who were on that cruise and they talk about how good it was. I feel this itinerary is possibly better in that it goes through the Panama Canal - a 'must do'. We had to do a separate 14-15 day cruise before the Sth America one to do the Canal.

Not that I could afford it or have the leave available. But still not available for booking on Princess Australia site.

Hi Sarah.... watching this from afar may consider it as a last minute.... online Australian booker price is showing at AU$14,519 pp for an inside cabin with mininal OBC .... bit over the top at the moment for me ......

I just checked with my US booker and jacksonpairs pricing is US not including port charges so add them and convert and its around AU$15727..... a little dearer than our price....:D:D:D

happy to play wait and see:D:D

Hi Sarah.... watching this from afar may consider it as a last minute.... online Australian booker price is showing at AU$14,519 pp for an inside cabin with mininal OBC .... bit over the top at the moment for me ......

I just checked with my US booker and jacksonpairs pricing is US not including port charges so add them and convert and its around AU$15727..... a little dearer than our price....:D:D:D

happy to play wait and see:D:D

Ive found one on line agent quoting it in NZ. Same price as Oz. Quoting the price as from , and you have to enquire for anything further. Dont think this cruise will be marketed down here . Aimed at the North American market and any last minute bargains will be snapped up before we even get a look in.:D

• 11 months later...
I'm not bothered by the ship. Price and itinerary are my primary considerations.

We are booking through "Travelwithalan.com" here in America. $18,000 approx. includes taxes and tips. Regular room but we upgraded to balcony. 61 nights. Leaving January 23rd from Ft Lauderdale and returns March 25, 2018.