Just off Anthem...random tips!

We could only get 9.30pm for Le Grande on Ovation! That is a bit later than I had in mind, much more like European dinnertime. I guess I will need a Granny nap that day :)

We had that problem too on Anthem. We showed up earlier and were welcomed without a blink of an eye and invited to eat any time we wanted. It was after the show, still late by some standards, but we never had to wait. We were a party of three adults. Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give such useful tips. I was wondering if you had experience with the kids club. My specific question is about how you communicate with the club for younger children. On Disney they gave us a phone. Just wondering what they're doing on Anthem. Thanks and glad you had such a great time. We're going in July and I can't wait

Andrew,

Thanks for your review. Lots of great info shared. Also VERY happy to hear that the Tutti Salad bar made its way onto the Anthem. I wasn't sure about that.

What is the "Tutti Salad Bar?"

What is the "Tutti Salad Bar?"

A salad bar in the Main Dining Room on those days (usually sea days) when the MDR is serving lunch. Many different ingredients you can select that servers put together for you and chop up.

You can see a photo here:

http://s576.photobucket.com/user/NorbertsNiece/media/Adventure%20TA%202013/Menus/IMG_2638.jpg.html

Edited by clarea

A salad bar in the Main Dining Room on those days (usually sea days) when the MDR is serving lunch. Many different ingredients you can select that servers put together for you and chop up.

You can see a photo here:

http://s576.photobucket.com/user/NorbertsNiece/media/Adventure%20TA%202013/Menus/IMG_2638.jpg.html

AHHH thank you Bob for that picture, I wondered what it was also

• 1 month later...
It is a pay restaurant you are correct. When we had dinner there my son enjoyed the brownie so much they told us to make sure to stop by at lunch time for a free one. I went and sure enough it was free and so was my giant espresso they have me while I watched him eat it!

What I read Jamies is an upcharge for lunch as well.

They let you just sit down at a table for lunch for free to eat a sundae?

Can anyone tell me if there is a special suite line for north star or i fly? Other than dinner reservations I've never had to do advance reservations. Usually for shows there is a special section reserved so it's never been an issue to just walk up. But I realize Anthem is a very different experience. We'll be Sky so we do not have a genie to take care of us. Usually the concierge will email a week or so in advance so I hope he/she will be able to book us then, but I don't know if they will have spots held back and available.

Has anyone gone to Horseshoe Bay on their own. I remember years ago, a long hill to get there! Do cabs drive down to drop you off and pick you up again?

Yes, cabs do sit at the bottom of the hill and wait for people wanting to leave. They usually wait until their van is filled with people wanting to go back to the ship. Also, there is a shuttle at the bottom that will take you to the top where people can wait for a bus/

swiss

I know you can take two bottles of wine on board. Can you take the bottles to dinner? If you can, are there any cork fees? Thanks in advance

You can take the bottles anywhere on the ship with no corkage fees.

Thanks Bob, my wife also asked me if we can take snacks, to leave in the room. Ex. Box of energy bars, can of peanuts, chips.....etc.

Yes, sealed snack packages are fine. You never know when you'll run out of food on the cruise ship.;)

Thanks for the feedback, just one very simple almost silly question, How was the coffee?

Coffee was great!

Just was on Anthem last week to Bermuda (May 28 - June 2) and I was NOT impressed with the food at all... except for Jamie's Italian. Didn't get to try Chops, we had made a reservation but the day of the reservation they said they didn't have it and were unable to accommodate us, so we ended up going to Chic and I ordered a steak there that was RAW.. not once but TWICE, got a little frustrated, but they ended up sending us to Jamie's for Lunch which was wonderful. Other than that it was average at BEST. I thought the pizza was Horrible. But then again I'm an Italian from NY and I can be a pizza snob.

We ate at Wonderland and it was NOT for me at all, you have to be adventurous and I certainly am not. my husband enjoyed trying the different creations but he gave it a 3 out of 5. I do have to say the pistachio icecream at Wonderland was probably the best thing I ever tasted in my life.

Ship was GORGEOUS, but far too big for me, but I DO have very limited cruising experience.. seemed like they were going for Quantity over Quality, BUT we had a great time.. pools were great.. room was wonderful, the crew was all amazing, and someone said Cleve made the best drinks and I definitely have to agree with that.. he was one of the best Bartenders on the ship. Don't miss the Love and Marriage Game show it was hilarious.

Hi, I believe you can take the wine you bring on board, but I'm pretty sure there is a corkage fee per bottle. If it's wine from the TA or cruise line, I don't think they charge corkage for that. It's $15 or $18 p/ bottle.

If anyone knows for sure, that would be great! I don't mind learning a new thing or two.

we also will be on RCI - Anthem in Oct. accurate info is always good to know.

I just read today on an Athem post that they are now $2. I would have paid the $5, because they are:) so convenient, but glad they dropped the price.

Actually we just paid $5.00 for the wow bands.. definitely not $2.00

Hi, I believe you can take the wine you bring on board, but I'm pretty sure there is a corkage fee per bottle. If it's wine from the TA or cruise line, I don't think they charge corkage for that. It's $15 or $18 p/ bottle.

If anyone knows for sure, that would be great! I don't mind learning a new thing or two.

There is no longer a corkage fee. Bring 2 bottles on and take them to the dining room or specialty restaurant. There will be no extra charges.

Absolutely NO corkage fee is charged. None. Zero. Zilch.

:)