Fly cruise

jay888

i haven't done a fly cruise in years, the last time I did one I flew to New York and was allowed 2 cases of 44lb. This time on case of 23 kg. How do you pack for 16 days in one suitcase. Cruising msc so not very formal. If seems impossible to me, HELP

i haven't done a fly cruise in years, the last time I did one I flew to New York and was allowed 2 cases of 44lb. This time on case of 23 kg. How do you pack for 16 days in one suitcase. Cruising msc so not very formal. If seems impossible to me, HELP

Mix and match. Stick to a color scheme.

Easy to wash in the sink/shower clothing if MSC does not have laundromats

Limit your shoes

Buy toiletries when you get to your flight destination --we always arrive a day before embarkation so this works well for us.

What is your carry-on allowance?

Edited by Alaskanb

Carry on, no weight limit really just size restriction. Which is an average cabin bag size as long as it can go under the seat, plus a handbag. Buying toiletries when we arrived is not really an option as we are flying to Cuba.

Carry on, no weight limit really just size restriction. Which is an average cabin bag size as long as it can go under the seat, plus a handbag. Buying toiletries when we arrived is not really an option as we are flying to Cuba.

Who are you flying with? Is it worth it to pay for an additional checked bag? No overhead bag space?

If you are on a land tour, I recommend the following.

Regarding Cuba travel: travel light. Comfortable walking shoes (a lot of cobble stone streets & uneven pavement). One pair of sandels. NO jewelry

Light weight mix & match The hotels offer laundry service for a small fee.

Have a great trip. We loved the Cuban people, their culture, cars & food !!!!

This time on case of 23 kg. How do you pack for 16 days in one suitcase.

It's easy, and you actually have multiple options:

1. Simply pay the fee to check a 2nd bag.

2. Pack in one bag, and pay for the ship's laundry service as needed

3. Pack in one bag, and pack things you can rinse in the sink and hang to dry.

Beyond that, plan on wearing things multiple times, layer, mix and match, etc. There's usually no reason to launder skirts and pants every single time you wear them, unless you spill something. Same for sweaters or any shirt you wear over another one. Even shirts you wear against your skin are probably good for more than one day if you only wear them to dinner, or even during the day if you are inside, or outside on a cool day and not sweating. Build your travel wardrobe around one or two neutral colors and make sure everything goes with everything so you can combine in different ensembles. Limit the number of shoes you bring. Skip formal attire.