Will the crew help us move staterooms on back-to-back cruises?

joeinsb

My wife and I are doing back-to-back cruises for my 80th birthday in February and March, but because we booked the second one much later than the first (it was somewhat of an impulsive decision), we were not able to get the same stateroom for both cruises. We are on deck 8 for the first and deck 7 for the second. I have several questions about moving day, and I would appreciate any information from people who have gone through that process.

Can our clothes be moved on their hangars on a trolley, or do they have to be packed in the suitcases? Should we just pack up the shoes, toiletries and other things in our suitcases? When does that move occur?

I assume we will have to get off the ship in between cruises and go through customs. Will the stateroom move occur before we leave the ship or after?

Any information will help relieve our stress about having to change staterooms. Thanks.

Hi

We often have to move between two cruises.

In answer to your question - the crew will put all your hanging items onto a rail and will move it with your other items that you should pack up in bags or cases.

Whether you have to get off the ship or not depends on the port and whatever rules they are applying in that port on the day (I have changed in the same port twice, once we had to get off the second time we did not).

You do not make the move until the new room has been fully cleaned and that kind of depends on when the existing guest leaves. However do not worry, you can pack everything up and leave it and the crew would move it.

I have moved my safe items (with the agreement of the staff) before the room was ready and got that locked away. Then left everything else in a case other than the hanging items and gone ashore and come back to it all moved - obviously I still had to unpack.

Make sure you are waitlisted for your Deck 7 for cruise 1 and Deck 8 for cruise 2 as it might all come right and you can do all this without a change.

The staff will do all they can to make it as easy a change as it can be for you.

Yes, as uktog says it's all very simple and what you describe with hanging stuff and the rest back in the suitcase is the idea. Your new room should be prioritised and ready pretty quickly (having regard for Ann's comment about the speed of the previous occupant) because your new room steward will know you are a b2ber. If you don't need to go through customs because of your port at turnaround day then simply punch out, new key and photo taken and you are done. You'll be invited to a b2b meeting toward the end of cruise one with others staying on where all will be covered off.

Just as an extra which will be mentioned at the meeting, as a b2b guest you can have room service breakfast on the final morning if you want. Also if you've purchased or been given any internet minutes, these carry over to the following cruise.

Phil

RE: the carryover of OBC - You can purchase spa services on the first cruise and then take the treatments on the second cruise. Otherwise you'll be in a " use it, or lose it " situation.

I think it depends on the spa manager Bill I've had mixed success on that one. I had no problems on Journey but Quest it was a very firm no even though I was scheduling the treatment for the morning of changeover day - the irony was they could not process the transaction in the end until later in the day because they were on the cruise 1 systems but I'd already spent the OBC on bits and pieces from the shop.

I have bought special wine though to carry over. You need to take it to your room then send it back each night as you want it on cruise 2. They know it's a no corkage bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends on the spa manager Bill I've had mixed success on that one. I had no problems on Journey but Quest it was a very firm no even though I was scheduling the treatment for the morning of changeover day - the irony was they could not process the transaction in the end until later in the day because they were on the cruise 1 systems but I'd already spent the OBC on bits and pieces from the shop.

I have bought special wine though to carry over. You need to take it to your room then send it back each night as you want it on cruise 2. They know it's a no corkage bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi uktog,

I'm surprised we asked you to take your special bottle of wine to your room each night. Couldn't you have asked the waiter to put your name on the bottle and stored it for you? Maybe I'm not understanding the situation?

Hi uktog,

I'm surprised we asked you to take your special bottle of wine to your room each night. Couldn't you have asked the waiter to put your name on the bottle and stored it for you? Maybe I'm not understanding the situation?

It wasn't a problem - there was an inspection and audit happening on change over day - to be clear it was only the closed bottles we purchased on Cruise 1 to use on Cruise 2 that we stored. A bottle of wine once opened never lasted beyond the end of that meal!

It wasn't a problem - there was an inspection and audit happening on change over day - to be clear it was only the closed bottles we purchased on Cruise 1 to use on Cruise 2 that we stored. A bottle of wine once opened never lasted beyond the end of that meal!

Oh, now I understand...it was from one B to the other B on your B2B.

I usually only store wine with the wine steward when I'm sailing solo. I can usually make a bottle last 3+ nights when I'm alone, never when sailing with DH. :wine-glass: