P&O Charter flight delay compensation.

piatro

What I stated is correct in that any airline flying from an EU airport is covered. Some earlier posts seem to indicate that a non EU airline is not covered whether flying to or from an EU airport. I agree a non EU airline flying from outside the EU to the EU is not covered whereas an EU airline is.

Brian

Thanks for the confusion, Brian.

I repeat the OP should be grateful that the airline was EU registered otherwise ZERO compensation.

Hi there we had a 9hr delay from Gatwick in December last year due to a technical problem with plane it was dealt with very well.

We were traveling as a family 3 adults and one five year and we got £80.00 to spend anywhere in customs on food and drink and then we got back after three weeks away we sent one email to Thomson and with in 10 ten days we received £2200 back.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi piatro,

we were on the same flight and told by P&O to deal direct with Thomson. Thomson seemed to agree it was there responsibility and gave me an email address to register our claim. To cut a long story short, we heard nothing so chased up with same result. Spoken numerous times on phone with Thomson who have accepted and denied responsibility several times but always end up going round in circles. I have rang P & O who still say it is a Thomson problem. Will now contact CEDR for advice. I may also email Thomson MD John Murphy.

Hi ian what a hell of a flight that was as long as you have lodged a claim with Thomson and have not had a positive response you can then go direct to CEDR who will them pursue the claim for you. They will then formally advise Thomson of their interest and Thomson will no doubt still spin it all out as long as possible it took us 7 weeks to get paid after we went to CEDR. I found the staff at CEDR to be most helpful. The compensation you are entitled to thanks to the EU is 1200 euros .Good luck you will be paid but you have to keep at it, P&O did not want to know and we will not be giving P & O or Thomson any of our hard earned cash ever again. Let me know how you get on via this format I will moniter this post.

It took us 8 months to eventually get compensation for a 26 hr delay flying from Dom Rep back to Manchester, eventually i went direct to the CAA there is form you can fill out on line, with in 24hrs i had a response from them and 10 days later Thompson paid up 800 euros after denying any responsability, don't ever give up when you know you are entitled and don't use a claims firm we also tried that and they got no where.

• 4 months later...