Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Not at all sad about the design that went home. The winner was a toss-up for me, but I can see why the winning design was selected. Yes, it was a bit "out there", but if it would be interpreted for ready-to-wear, I think it would be pretty great and it is a new look. So many of the designs from the others are wonderful, but really just an interpretation of something already done.

I've decided that one of the twins needs to go. I want to see how either would do without back-up from the other. I think Shawn might be the weaker of the 2.

Hi all!

Sue ~ I agree, it would be interesting to see how one twin would cope without the other.

I love the designer who won last night but not his creation. I really liked the colourful creation best.

It sure is a talented interesting group of designers this time.

Looking forward to next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

I LOVED the winning design. I am older, plus sized, and I would buy that top at any (pretty much) price and wear it with leggings -- it is my look; just got back from a cruise and only wore various oddly-put-together tops with leggings. That said, I could not believe Kenya's amazing pant suit was not in the top. This certainly was one of the stronger runways I've seen in awhile -- a number of good looks were "safe" besides Kenya's.

Since I watched that horrible garbage of the preceding week right before this one (being gone), I was glad for the vast improvement.

Based on "roadway to," Kentaro and Brandon were my faves. I liked their esthetic. But designing/sewing under pressure is something entirely different (the twins show that). A number of the others could be "the one."

Just watched last week's show. Must agree with who got sent home, but I don't understand the hubbub over the winning design. Nina Garcia was practically gushing.

Meanwhile, in the petty dept., am I the only one who thinks that the twins wear the most unflattering lipstick colors ever? Yikes.

Seeing the twins trying to do individual projects make me think that in their design work before PR they had such a symbiotic relationship that the skills of neither by herself were ever tested. If they have had past success together, I think it has been due to Claire's design skills and execution. Perhaps Claire finds Shawn inspiring, but I think it must ultimately be Claire's genius and ability that has carried them through in whatever they did pre-PR. Maybe Shawn has contributed to any success they've had together because she's good at accounting, sales, morale boosting, whatever... Or maybe the pressure of PR is the new factor that they must navigate, and Claire succeeds at that while Shawn does not.

Or perhaps their design relationship has never been symbiotic at all, but rather parasitical -- maybe Shawn feeds off Claire so much when they work together that Shawn cannot survive cut off from Claire. Time will tell.

It is genius on the part of the PR producers to have cast the twins -- brings a decidedly new aspect to this long-running and therefore somewhat repetitive series. It is, for the moment, the show's response to the age-old conclusion that "there's nothing new under the sun."

I checked out online Heidi's sleepwear line, and I am a little surprised she was so insistent on the designers producing sexy nightwear, since her stuff looks mostly like athletic wear and boys' pajamas, in black, white, grey, and cream. Maybe she wants to inject some sexiness into her line by producing something a PR designer created!

Not much on the runway tonight that I would sleep in -- not much I can imagine anyone else sleeping in. Michael's beautiful bias-cut, knee length gown, though otherwise easy and a good length, was too strappy and too high in the neck -- it would strangle me! As for Shawn's jumpsuit: though it was pretty, the idea of a jumpsuit in bed (or anywhere, really) is patently ridiculous, IMO -- the problem of easily using the toilet looms large here. Kentaro's gown actually resembled a true nightgown, but too me it just had way too much fabric, which would get tangled up around a sleeper's body.

Several designers produced some interesting loungewear rather than sleepwear, and I would rather have seen the challenge be that rather than true sleeping garments. It would have opened up more possibilities for creativity, I think.

Samantha's blue and cream three piece set was a classically elegant silk pajama set, and one I would lounge in, certainly, and sleep in, too, if I slept in pajamas...

I was actually pleasantly surprised with most of what went down the runway. When they were in the workroom everything looked bad. Totally agree with who went home. I felt bad for the model having to wear such an unbecoming outfit.

Watched the tease for next week that comes on after the regular episode. The twins are on opposite sides. Somehow I don't think that will stop them from collaborating.;)

I agree with SeagoingMom that most of the sleepwear did not look like anything I could sleep in. Although I really liked a number of them, I just don't see them comfortable for bed.

My take on the twins:

It occurred to my, at some point yesterday, what/who exactly they remind me of. I'm not sure how familiar you all are with the old MTV show, The Real World? The first season was interesting, because the people participating had no preconceived notions, so their behavior was "real" (relatively). However, once that season had aired, the next crop of people had ideas of how they wanted to present themselves, what niche they wanted to fill in the house. I watched the first episode of that next season when someone threw themselves in the pool yelling "I'm CRAZY!", determined to be "the crazy one". (I never watched again.)

There's something about the twins, or there was before it really became hard work and deadlines, that reminds me of that...like they almost started out wanting to be the ones to bring the drama. That may be unfair, and they may be actually exactly like they've presented themselves, but I don't know...

I figured that they were both chosen because they would supply the drama. So far, most of the other designers seem to get along fairly well.

You're right! Everyone tries to help and be supportive of each other, but I wonder how long it's going to be before they have all had enough of what they called "tag team" work. Wasn't there a commercial about "cheating"? I think the other contestants have the right to make that charge about now. If each of the twins is using their particular skill set to improve the others end product, that is cheating!

Hmm. My favorite looks were Amy, Ayana, Brandon and Samantha --- none of whom were in the top 3. Was totally happy with who went home.

But let's dish about Nina. How can you trust the fashion sense of someone who wears a black dress with Chinese' inspired red trim (at neck and down one side) with turquoise maribu "cuffs" right below the elbow???

On the topic of the twins helping each other -- I don't see that as at all unethical; it is something we've all seen time and again on this show. Many contestants have helped each other each season -- consulted about fabric, design, fit, etc., even sewn for each other -- and this NOT in team challenges. Eventually the competition gets fierce enough, and the challenges get time consuming and difficult enough that that sort of kindly cooperativeness mostly fades away.

Clearly this is not against the rules, as if it were, the contestants would have been thrown off the show, as we have seen happen for infractions in past seasons. The fact that some contestants don't like the twins helping each other doesn't mean it isn't "fair." I will say I am a little surprised that no one has complained about it to the judges, but I see that as evidence that they all know there really is nothing justifying a complaint.

Hmm. My favorite looks were Amy, Ayana, Brandon and Samantha --- none of whom were in the top 3. Was totally happy with who went home.

But let's dish about Nina. How can you trust the fashion sense of someone who wears a black dress with Chinese' inspired red trim (at neck and down one side) with turquoise maribu "cuffs" right below the elbow???

Yes, and week before last criticized a garment for being over-embellished! :D

Hi all!

Very interesting discussion! I wonder when that scene we saw about cheating will be shown. We haven't had much drama this season.;)

What's going to happen to the twins when one leaves? Will the other be able to manage alone?

I'm in Canada & after Project Runway, a show about a Canadian woman living in France & cooking comes on. Does it also in the States?

Looking forward to Thursday's show which I won't be watching 'til Friday since I'm going to my sister's cottage for a few days.

I'm in Canada & after Project Runway, a show about a Canadian woman living in France & cooking comes on. Does it also in the States?

We get a 15 minute preview of next week's show.

As to this week...

I liked the other top designs much more than the winning one. The right person went home. That design was a total mess!

I'm in love with Brandon. While not personally into side-boob-peekaboo, that look was young and fresh. Plus, a lot of what he designs I would wear. And he's so darn sweet. How great that he won but still acknowledged Zach's criticism! That's usually what you hear from someone who's thrilled not to be auf'd.

It's funny how Shawn is looking stronger now and Claire weaker: on an emotional seesaw.

I really liked the silvery jacket with the color slashes Amy sent down the runway, not so much the dress under it.

Overall, the "evil" designers seemed to have an easier time with this challenge.

Aaron.. bless his heart.

I didn't hate any of the looks. I thought they pretty much all hit the target, as far as making what their models wanted, except Claire. I thought she was going, honestly, though I think Shawn should have been the one of the two of them to go, since she couldn't/wouldn't have made the look she did without Claire's help.

Margarita threw her model under the bus. That wasn't nice. Before the runway, she was every bit as excited about her look as the model was. It certainly was a dated look!

I didn't care for Ayana's coat, but because of the color, only, though. It was a beautiful bathrobe in that color.

HI all!

I was so sure one of the twins was going home last night & was disappointed when it didn't happen!:( I'm getting so tired of them just seeing a snippet of their interaction, so can only imagine how the other designers are feeling!! I thought for sure after the little discussion it would be bye bye to one of them. Are they keeping them around for drama I wonder?

Have a nice weekend.