Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

If the cruise goes ahead, lookout for two blondes on the arm of one male! Ha ha. Husband will be wearing white dinner jacket.

Ha ha - will do

I usually cruise with my mother and this time we would have a friend on board as well celebrating her 70th so likely to be 3 "ladies" together - sadly none of us blonde!

As I said previously we had our cruise with Adonia cancelled as she was going to Fathom. However, people can suggest what might happen and people can get hot under the collar as much as they like imagining the outcome but surely P&O will not announce what Adonia is doing until a decision has been made, ports have been arranged etc. All this postulating isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Wait until there's something to moan about - you never know, there might not be - yes I know the track record isn't good and we suffered and lost the holiday we'd planned - but we won't find out until P&O are ready to tell us and even then it's Carnival who decides, not P&O.

There is a post on the fb Adonia page today sharing part of a message from P&O and stating that the omission in the brochure was a mistake that is being rectified and itineraries for 2019 are being prepared

Happy days if this is true

Great news for all Adonia fans if true.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Me again. Last weekend I fired off an E Mail to P&O HQ in Southampton re Adonia next year. Today I got a reply from Manager - Guest Services - P&O.

'Cruises D812/813 that you are booked on will go ahead as planned. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Adonia next year.'

Makes me happy.:D I trust it makes some of you folk out there happy too.:halo:

Me again. Last weekend I fired off an E Mail to P&O HQ in Southampton re Adonia next year. Today I got a reply from Manager - Guest Services - P&O.

'Cruises D812/813 that you are booked on will go ahead as planned. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Adonia next year.'

Great news for you especially with the traveling you have to do.

That's a great relief as we are booked on D811. Hooray😁😁😁

NSWP. Thank you for your update. Excellent news about your cruise.

This is the reply that I received yesterday relating to my e-mail to P&O on Monday 18th September regarding changes to Cruise D822 October 2018 received from Toni Louise Luker, Guest Relations Executive

With regards to your Adonia cruise for October 2018 we havenot been advised of any planned changes to the itineraries for Adonia at this stage, however if any changes occur you will be notified at the earliestopportunity.

Kind Regards

Toni Louise Luker

Guest Relations Executive

Ah, the old "we have not been advised" which fits with the politicians "we have no plans at the current time".

Yes, that is a very non- committal political type answer. Time will tell, but I have my doubts Adonia will be with P&O much longer.

Hopefully CMV will buy her and we can then sail from Tilbury - just 10 miles from us.

Yes, that is a very non- committal political type answer. Time will tell, but I have my doubts Adonia will be with P&O much longer.

Hopefully CMV will buy her and we can then sail from Tilbury - just 10 miles from us.

I hope they wait until 2019 then to sell her, so we can do our D812/D813 cruises next June/July. Never mind CMV and Tilbury, Carnival can move Adonia to Australia as part of P&O Australia fleet, she would fit in nicely for the Pacific Island cruises.:cool: Rumour No.99.

Then all you mob can travel 12,000 miles to get the 'Adonia experience.:evilsmile:

Standby for incoming from the P&O UK stalwarts.

I hope they wait until 2019 then to sell her, so we can do our D812/D813 cruises next June/July. Never mind CMV and Tilbury, Carnival can move Adonia to Australia as part of P&O Australia fleet, she would fit in nicely for the Pacific Island cruises.:cool: Rumour No.99.

Then all you mob can travel 12,000 miles to get the 'Adonia experience.:evilsmile:

Standby for incoming from the P&O UK stalwarts.

G'Day. No Cunard have new plans.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-ships/new-ship/

Looks like you will get one of the Queens :)

Rumour No 103 !

Rumour No 103 !

G'day Jon....Looks like Brittannia/Royal Princess, same class? Bit ugly. Yes send Queen Victoria to P&O Australia, just retro fit 6 berth family cabins and big beer fridges, water slide up top lol.

No need for black tie nights either, t shirts, board shorts and flip flops 24/7. I re name Queen Victoria - Pacific Victoria, may God bless all who sail on her. Uncle Les is the godfather then. lol.:halo:

Rumour 104 - as amended.:p:mad:

Rumour No 103 !

Maybe the New Cunarder is because Carnival can charge top dollar for the fares rather than depleted pounds. this suggests they intend to concentrate the lucrative top end of the market with Cunard and leave P&O continuing with its slide downmarket :eek:

G'day Jon....Looks like Brittannia/Royal Princess, same class? Bit ugly. Yes send Queen Victoria to P&O Australia, just retro fit 6 berth family cabins and big beer fridges, water slide up top lol.

No need for black tie nights either, t shirts, board shorts and flip flops 24/7. I re name Queen Victoria - Pacific Victoria, may God bless all who sail on her. Uncle Les is the godfather then. lol.:halo:

Rumour 104 - as amended.:p:mad:

Thanks for the laugh.

P&O Cruises Facebook page...

We can now confirm that small ship Adonia will be leaving the fleet next year.

The sale will be completed in March 2018 and Adonia's last cruise as a P&O Cruises ship will be D804 leaving Barbados on February 23 and ending in Barbados on March 9, 2018.

Guests booked on any Adonia cruises after March 2018 will be contacted directly either by P&O Cruises or their travel agent in the next few days.

We know this has been the subject of much speculation but as we are sure you can appreciate we were unable to confirm anything until an agreement was in place.

During her time with us Adonia has captured the hearts of many thousands of P&O Cruises guests. She has ventured into new ports of call around the globe and has negotiated Icelandic Fjords, European rivers and Caribbean coves. We will be making sure that these discovery itineraries are continued on other ships in the fleet.

With almost six months until Adonia leaves the fleet, we will ensure that each of the cruises in her final season with us are extra special and celebratory

Apologies go out to any CC Members booked on Adonia post 9th March 2018

P&O Cruises Facebook page...

We can now confirm that small ship Adonia will be leaving the fleet next year.

The sale will be completed in March 2018 and Adonia's last cruise as a P&O Cruises ship will be D804 leaving Barbados on February 23 and ending in Barbados on March 9, 2018.

Guests booked on any Adonia cruises after March 2018 will be contacted directly either by P&O Cruises or their travel agent in the next few days.

We know this has been the subject of much speculation but as we are sure you can appreciate we were unable to confirm anything until an agreement was in place.

During her time with us Adonia has captured the hearts of many thousands of P&O Cruises guests. She has ventured into new ports of call around the globe and has negotiated Icelandic Fjords, European rivers and Caribbean coves. We will be making sure that these discovery itineraries are continued on other ships in the fleet.

With almost six months until Adonia leaves the fleet, we will ensure that each of the cruises in her final season with us are extra special and celebratory

Apologies go out to any CC Members booked on Adonia post 9th March 2018

This is in line with the new brochure which shows the last cruise as February 23rd 2018.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.

Looks like it is true, this is now on the Adonia page on the P&O website.

Update on Adonia

P&O Cruises can confirm that it has signed contracts for the sale of its 30,277 ton ship Adonia.

The sale will be completed in March 2018 and Adonia's last cruise as a P&O Cruises ship will be D804 leaving Barbados on February 23 and ending in Barbados on March 9, 2018. Guests booked on any Adonia cruises after March 2018 will be contacted directly either by P&O Cruises or their travel agent.

P&O Cruises SVP Paul Ludlow said: “During her time with us Adonia has captured the hearts of many thousands of P&O Cruises guests. She has ventured into new ports of call around the globe and has negotiated Icelandic Fjords, European rivers and Caribbean coves. We will ensure that these discovery itineraries are continued on other ships in the fleet.

“With almost six months until Adonia leaves the fleet, we will ensure that each of the cruises in her final season with us are extra special and celebratory."

We shall wait and see what replacement they offer us but I think they will be hard pressed to match our penthouse suite and £1000 OBC.

I wonder if all the guys who were so keen to say that P&O would never do this are going to show their heads above the parapet now!!

Peter and Jenny