Celebrity Millennium previous Concierge passengers: Staterooms 8046 - 8012 - HELP!

nikitty

If anyone has taken a trip on the Millie in the last few years (after the May 2016 refurbishment) - and has had a cabin on Deck 8 - starboard side/mid-ship, any room between 8046 to 8012 (see link to deck plan below) could you please tell me what direction your bed faced?

We are going to be in room 8078 and we have been told that our beds face forward (so when you're sitting on the bed, your feet are facing toward the front.) I saw some pictures in one of the threads and it looks like room 8078 faces aft, so I am concerned.

We have sailed three times before with Celebrity and the last two have been with the beds facing backwards, even though the cruise line emphatically assured us the beds did face forward. Not trusting them this time around. Need to go to the real experts, so posting here. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 I'm hoping that your replies will hopefully help me to deduce which way the beds face.

Link to Deck 8: https://www.icruise.com/c/deckplan2014.php?SailDate=&WMPHShipCode=36&DeckNumber=8

Thanks in advance!

Nikitty

According to pictures on cruisedeckplans.com, the bed in 8046 faces aft. The bed faces forward in 8032. 8076 the bed faces forward. So in 8078 the bed will face aft. If you are particular about certain things about your cabin, you should join cruisedeckplans so that you can research through the pictures collection. EM

According to pictures on cruisedeckplans.com, the bed in 8046 faces aft. The bed faces forward in 8032. 8076 the bed faces forward. So in 8078 the bed will face aft. If you are particular about certain things about your cabin, you should join cruisedeckplans so that you can research through the pictures collection. EM

Oh no. Thank you for letting me know. This is a nightmare. :eek: I have gone to great efforts with Celebrity for our last two sailings to make sure that the stateroom was facing forward and both times I was assured that the information they provided was correct. The last time I was actually chastised for being a pain in the neck and since they had already given me the information, the "matter was resolved." This resulted in them being unable to change our room when we got on the ship as we had to physically check out our own room and report to the front desk that it was indeed backwards and it was a very unpleasant experience.

If anyone else can confirm that their room on the Millie (after May 2016) in that row was forward or backward, it would be most appreciated.

I will definitely sign up for cruisedeckplans for future sailings. Definitely worth the money not to worry about your room - and to rely on service staff to give you correct information. Thank you so much Essiesmom.<3(y)

Edited by nikitty

The room after May 2016 will be the same as it was before. The cabins are modules, the bathroom fixtures back up to each other, the head of the bed will always be on the same side as the bathroom. EM

Yes, I thought the same thing too. I understand the rooms will undergo changes during a refurbishment, but changing shared walls and configurations seemed like a massive reconstruction. I wrote to my travel agent who said they don't ever reference other sites (such as cruisedeckplans) re: information as they only use Celebrity material for their sources. This is the same line of BS they fed me last time when I sent them a Youtube video showing a room very close to the one we had booked for an upcoming cruise that clearly indicated that the room we were going to be in was facing aft. I am now in the process of trying to find a senior level manager at Celebrity who can expedite this issue as my travel agent said it will be a few WEEKS before she gets a response. :eek::eek::eek:

Our cruise is in less than a month and we still have to get our visas for China. Not sure how they are going to make this right at this point. This will be our third sailing (our of 4) where there has been been a mistake in the configuration of the room. Even a coin toss has a 50% chance of being right. As this has always been our #1 priority, and it has been handled poorly on more than one occasion in the past, you'd think it would not be an issue but this is becoming a comedy of errors.

Again, thank you for letting me know about that site. I had never heard of it before your post and am definitely going to become a member moving forwards.

What is the difference on which way the bed faces? Is it having the view from the bed looking forward or some other reason? It isn't something that I have paid much attention to. Maybe I am missing out on something? I have seen this question asked and was always curious.

What is the difference on which way the bed faces? Is it having the view from the bed looking forward or some other reason? It isn't something that I have paid much attention to. Maybe I am missing out on something? I have seen this question asked and was always curious.

Hi Renee,

It has to do with motion sickness. I can't even sit backwards on a train so I literally can't stomach the idea of facing backwards in my room for 12 days. If you don't have this issue, it wouldn't be a problem. :halo:

FYI - just an update. I contacted Celebrity about my issue (I found the CEO's email on the forum here) and they contacted me the very next day. The CEO did read my email and asked someone high up in her organization to take care of it. I read in a thread that she does not read her emails and she is too busy, but this is simply untrue.