Dancing With The Stars - Fall 2017 / Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

I think Erin's dress was the best looking one I have seen her in. It fit her like a glove and had the bling needed on TV. I also liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's. The cape part was interesting.

Not sure if I like only the one judge talking after each dance. Scores were fairly low. My prediction for first to go is either the football player or the Shark Tank woman.

I like Erin's dress too. I thought the judging was very odd and low, although I don't mind lower scores on the first night. I actually didn't miss all three judges talking as much as I thought I would--CA and Bruno get too carried away and wordy for me.

I thought the Shark Tank woman was pretty bad, but the football player, not so much. I kind of thought the first two dancers got really down-scored compared to some of the later dancers.

Hi all! I can now stay up late to watch the entire show since I retired last month. Yay.

First, Erin's dress is very pretty. CA's dress is even better; love the cape!

I know the "only one judge can talk" thing is just temporary since they have so many dancers and limited time. But it's just weird.

I think Jordan Fisher is a ringer, lol. Professional dancer/actor on Broadway...and he was amazing! He's the obvious favorite to win. Lucky Lindsey.

Hi everyone I think this is going to be fun group. I think first week is hard so many new dancers to get familiar with and only one judge talking but did u notice they did get their opinions out there when giving scores. I also liked Jordan Fisher. I think (wish I could remember her name) the girl that plays the violin was very good and a contender plus she has Mark Balis as a partner.

Hi all!

I thought it was a great start to the season & have to agree about Erin's dress, best one ever IMO! I really liked the music last night too.

Poor Keo getting Barbara as a partner! I think she'll go first & really hope she does as I don't like her cougarish behaviour.:o

Sandy Sails ~ congrats on your retirement! May it be a long & happy one!:champagne-toast:

See you next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Ugh, Barbara Corcoran's behavior was cringe-worthy. I felt so sorry for her partner. All the cougar sex-talk and the placement of her hand on his upper thigh when they were getting their critique. She came across as desperate. I thought she was married, I guess not!

Posting the judges' scores from the first dances so that we can compare the order to the final results at the end of the season:

Judges’ scores:

• Jordan and Lindsay – 22 out of 30
  • Lindsey and Mark – 22
  • Vanessa and Maks – 21
  • Nikki & Artem – 20
  • Victoria and Val – 19
  • Frankie and Witney – 19
  • Nick and Peta – 18
  • Derek and Sharna – 18
  • Sasha and Gleb – 18
  • Debbie and Alan – 17
  • Drew and Emma – 16
  • Terrell and Cheryl – 15
  • Barbara and Keo – 14

It will be interesting to see how the elimination order compares, who improves, who gets fan votes to stay longer than expected.

I loved Erin's dress. I thought she looked beautiful. I don't like that only one judge does the comments - but understand that will change.

I feel sorry for poor Keo!! Another awful partner for him. A previous poster mentioned "cringe-worthy" and that is what she is. Please let her be the first one eliminated!

I like Carrie Ann's dress even more now that I have seen all of it!

I don't think Barbara has the fan base to keep her on longer than she should be (such as Mr. T did).

I was impressed with Victoria dancing with no feeling in her legs. Can't understand how she can even walk much less dance.

I agree about Victoria. Very impressive how she can move.

I really liked the basketball player and Frankie from Malcolm in the Middle.

Though Sasha would be better when they said her parents had been dancers.

I'm wondering if the violinist with Mark has dance training? He always gets someone good. Don't know how large her fan base is.

Funny how I really liked Barbara and thought she would do well in the preview before she danced.

I liked CarrieAnne's gown, but the cape/ruffle might be a tad too long.

Erin's gown was beautiful. Still want big earrings on her. Bring the bling Erin!

Emma's blue dancing dress was my favourite of the first night.

Watching the show I was thinking this has got to be the season of the thinnest and fittest stars.

Even Sasha who gained weight from a hormone problem still looks good to me.

I just read about Mark's partner Lindsey Sterling though and from Wikipedia, "Stirling has publicly spoken about her battle with anorexia. She discovered her disorder while working for a treatment center for troubled girls. Stirling said in an interview with Good Morning America that her song "Shatter Me" was "actually my story of overcoming my eating disorder"."

I think either Barbara or the Property Brothers guy (Drew?) will be the first to go. I thought the judges underscored Terrell. Barbara putting her hand on Keo's thigh was too much! I thought she was going to grab his crotch. I think he must have thought so too because he made a protective move.

The beginning of Maks and Vanessa's dance was really cute and made me laugh.

I didn't know Debbie had Lyme's disease. I liked what she said a lot because I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease earlier this year and just starting to feel better and able to plan a life again. I clapped after her interview.

Erin and Carrie Ann both looked great. Good start to the season!

I was wondering why Lindsey was so painfully thin, but I understand now.

I don't watch Shark Tank--was Barbara always so.....cringe-worthy?

I initially thought she was an actress from long along.

Sorry, I meant Debbie was so very thin--I wonder if the Lyme disease is part of the reason why.

Barbara never acts cougar...ish on shark tank. I use to like her but now seeing her in whole different light. I wonder how they choose who gets what partner. I always thought it was random but the last few seasons I realized that can't be the case. Mark and Cheryl always get a good dancer. And it couldn't be random with the 2 married couples partnered. Erin's gown was beautiful she is always tasteful and elegant.

I'm sure it's not random--and poor Keo, he does get some doozies. It seems that the longer established pros get the better dancers, usually. And some attempt is made to match up size, especially with a very short male star. It used to be that an older star was matched with an older pro, but I don't see that so much anymore.