Celebrity Millennium Cruise blog review

Tweedy

Between September 1 and 8, 2017, we enjoyed a wonderful week onboard the Celebrity Millennium 7-day roundtrip to Alaska from Vancouver. If you care to read of our vacation and see some photos from the trip, it is all jotted down in the this blog > https://tweedystravels.blogspot.ca/

The last post is a summary of my thoughts on the ship and processes. I hope you enjoy.

Thank you for this review. The pics are really good. Just wondering if you're planning to review the ports and any excursions you did. We've done the Solstice to Alaska but missed the T-pool...did you get to use it at all? Glad you finally got a cab on the street level, same thing happened to us when we disembarked in Vancouver...lines for shuttles and cabs was soooo long, we walked up to the street and cabs were circling...so easy!

We have been to Alaska a few times and have done many of the excursions on previous trips. This trip we decided to just take it easy. Our only true adventure was taking the local bus to Fred Meyers in Juneau. I loved walking through the nature path in Icy Strait Point. The air was so pure and clean. Didn't try the t-pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Tweedy.

Loved your Alaska Blog very much.

We are from Australia and a Alaskan cruise is on our bucket list for 2019.

We want to do Glacier Bay in our cruise when we come up and most probably do a cruise embarking in Vancouver.

Would you please be able to advise us on maybe 2 hotels we could stay at pre cruise fairly close by all the attractions including the cruise terminal. Probably about a 4 star rating.

Thankyou so much.

Cheers Bob and Christine.

Hi Tweedy.

Loved your Alaska Blog very much.

Would you please be able to advise us on maybe 2 hotels we could stay at pre cruise fairly close by all the attractions including the cruise terminal. Probably about a 4 star rating.

Thankyou so much.

Cheers Bob and Christine.

Well thank you.

There are a number of hotels downtown that would suit your needs. Here are a few that are all within walking distance of the terminal and close to bus routes, etc.

• Pan Pacific Hotel (right at Canada Place, you can see your ship from your room)
  • Fairmont Waterfront
  • Fairmont Pacific Rim
  • Auberge Vancouver
  • Marriott Pinnancle
  • Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
  • Le Soleil Hotel
  • Hyatt Regency

I hope your bucket list becomes a reality.

Well thank you.

There are a number of hotels downtown that would suit your needs. Here are a few that are all within walking distance of the terminal and close to bus routes, etc.

• Pan Pacific Hotel (right at Canada Place, you can see your ship from your room)
  • Fairmont Waterfront
  • Fairmont Pacific Rim
  • Auberge Vancouver
  • Marriott Pinnancle
  • Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
  • Le Soleil Hotel
  • Hyatt Regency

I hope your bucket list becomes a reality.

The Pan Pacific is wonderful and located on top of the cruise terminal. However, it runs $400 per night at least.

We did a week in Vancouver prior to taking a four day Canadian Rockies bus tour that was great. We stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel, about five blocks from the Pan Pacific. A nice hotel, that ran about $160 per night.

After the Rockies tour, we returned to Vancouver for our Alaska cruise and had two nights at the Pan Pacific.

If making a short stay of one or two days, I recommend the Pan Pacific, but for a long stay and more budget friendly, I recommend the Metropolitan.