Happy to Be Back as Celebrity Host

Host Anne

Welcome back to Anne! Yes, mixing BOTH work and these "hobbies" can be more challenging. Never enough hours in each day to do it "ALL"!!

Either my memory is weak and/or our paths have not crossed as much, but tell us more on your cruise loves, future cruise travel plans/dreams, etc. Love to have more context about our hosts' interests, style, direction, passions, etc. Glad to know that you have a smart interest in photography!! What type of cameras do you use?

Since you are in Florida, we assume you safely survived the recent storm battles, rain, etc. It's been beautiful, upper 70's, dry and sunny, etc., here in Ohio.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry ~ We started cruising back in the early 90s as an alternative to winter ski vacations. Living in Ohio at the time, once we got away to the warmth of the Caribbean we never want back to ski vacations. What really got us hooked back then (doesn't apply so much now) is that when we stepped on the ship, we really felt we got away from the rest of the world. Escaped work and the hectic world at home for awhile. It was the first vacation where it truly was relaxing. Of course now you "stay connected" all the time but we still love cruising.

We've sailed a wide variety of lines. Celebrity has been among our favorites but we'll sail different mass market lines from time to time.

I served as host for the Celebrity board for a number of years before taking a break. I've covered the Ask a Cruise Question boards for some time and recently joined Host Andy to cover the Princess boards. Work in the "real" world has been extremely busy the past several years so while I've been moderating, my posting ability has lessened as there isn't enough time in the day. But our love of cruising, and helping people with their cruise experience, remains high.

Photography is a major hobby for me. I'm currently using a Canon 70D along with an Olympus Tough for underwater shots. My family laughs at the number of photos I take! Sunsets, beach & ocean and our National Parks are my favorite subjects. Kids, too!

My moderating style is fairly straightforward. Be helpful as much as possible; ensure our Community Guidelines are being followed; respect others opinions, even if they differ from my own; and keep the boards a friendly place to come and share cruising experiences. We count on our members to help us out in these areas, too.

We had a fair amount of rain from Hermine and a few wind squalls where we live but we didn't have any significant damage from the storm, thankfully. We'll be in Ohio soon so please keep that lovely weather going!

Other than that, I love flowers, tennis, football, cooking and eating good food, wine and traveling (especially to Italy, Ireland and the island of St. John, USVI).

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Edited by Host Anne

Hi Terry ~ We started cruising back in the early 90s as an alternative to winter ski vacations. Living in Ohio at the time, once we got away to the warmth of the Caribbean we never want back to ski vacations. What really got us hooked back then (doesn't apply so much now) is that when we stepped on the ship, we really felt we got away from the rest of the world. Escaped work and the hectic world at home for awhile.

Photography is a major hobby for me. I'm currently using a Canon 70D along with an Olympus Tough for underwater shots.

We had a fair amount of rain from Hermine and a few wind squalls where we live but we didn't have any significant damage from the storm, thankfully. We'll be in Ohio soon so please keep that lovely weather going!

Other than that, I love flowers, tennis, football, cooking and eating good food, wine and traveling (especially to Italy, Ireland and the island of St. John, USVI).

Appreciate, Anne, this super excellent background on your interests, style, etc. Sound like you are "normal", but super busy!! Glad to know you have Ohio roots? What part of our state? Will try to keep the nice weather here for as long as possible.

On your main Canon 70D camera, that sounds somewhat close and comparable to the key specs and performance of its main rival, the Nikon D7200, that I am using now. Plus, I have a Nikon underwater camera for circumstances that are more challenging and/or wet. With your photo interests, I know you won't mind too much as I like to post lots of visuals, which it fits, in doing replies on Cruise Critic. A good visual is truly worth a thousand words (or more)!!

Loving both Italy and Ireland shows wonderfully high standards and judgement, too!!

THANKS for your great efforts! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 62,488 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

• 1 year later...
I had the pleasure of sailing in the good company of you and your husband on a post-Thanksgiving trip aboard Eclipse to the Caribbean in 2010... And I'll never forget your leadership in organizing our very well attended/fun sail-away for Roll Call members, our very participative Meet & Mingle complete with Celebrity trivia, and a group dinner in Qsine for what was, as I recall, a group of 24! At the time, I remember thinking that only you could have made those events happen with so much enthusiasm and so successfully!

It's so nice to have you back!

--Mike

What a small cruise critic world - my DH Dave & I were also on that cruise. Still remains one of my favorite cruises due to the great group of cruise critic friends we met, as well as the wonderful staff in Michael's.

Found this thread while wondering how Anne & her DH fared after Irma. Anne, hope you guys didn't sustain much damage.

Nancy & Dave

Hi everyone ~ it's been a few years but with Host Andy's departure I am once again co-hosting here on the Celebrity boards with Host Walt. Host Andy is one of a kind and we'll miss him a great deal. But you've probably read that Andy now has a great gig with Crystal so we are all very happy for him.

I'm happy to be back helping out with the Celebrity boards. Looking forward to chatting with everyone....I'm here to help keep our boards "friendly" and "inviting."

HAPPY CRUISING!

Anne, can you help with the fact that we have multiple roll calls for our August 18th Silhouette cruise next year? There are at least 2. Thanks

Hi all ~ looks like a CC member that I cruised with previously found the thread and was wondering how we made out with Irma (we were very fortunate and had little damage).

Cookiersmom ~ I'll see if I can merge the multiple threads.

I'll close this thread now that it's pretty old! Thanks for all the kind comments....love being back!