I Had to Laugh.... Another Website Story

MsSoCalCruiser

I received an email with the subject "It's Time to Set Sail". The email says to help with my planning they suggest that I visit the "Before You Cruise" section of the website. When I click on the link it takes me to a page that says.... "This Page No Longer Exists"

I responded that I hoped that the cruise is better than their website :'):'):'):')

The website is not even close to being intuitive. It's the sort of thing that happens when a site is developed by people with no knowledge of the industry.

I have found that the links in emails only work about half the time. It strikes me that the links that do work are for general information. Those that do not are login specific. I'm usually able to log into the site then navigate to the right page. But as I said, it's not intuitive.

I received an email with the subject "It's Time to Set Sail". The email says to help with my planning they suggest that I visit the "Before You Cruise" section of the website. When I click on the link it takes me to a page that says.... "This Page No Longer Exists"

If you report website problems on the thread

POST WEBSITE PROBLEMS HERE

at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2529320

it looks like there is a good chance that they will at least check them out.

I noticed some of the problems reported there have since been fixed.

(Coincidence or not?)

When I reported some inactive links, their solution was to remove the links. :p

Edited by fleckle

The website is not even close to being intuitive.

I agree and I just don't understand why they don't improve this, or invest in this area.

I've posted previously that I would be happy to pay a surcharge on each booking that goes to investing in a better website! ;) (like airlines added a fuel surcharge when gas prices went up lol).

Imagine: $1/day/person surcharge.

Equinox - 2850 passengers x 365 cruising days/year = over $1,000,000 in 1 year - wouldn't that be enough to improve the site!? Thats just one ship.

(I realize not all ships are full all the time, so my numbers are really meaningless... just making a point that they should have the resources to pay to fix this darn site!) [emoji12]

• 1 month later...
I agree and I just don't understand why they don't improve this, or invest in this area.

I've posted previously that I would be happy to pay a surcharge on each booking that goes to investing in a better website! ;) (like airlines added a fuel surcharge when gas prices went up lol).

Equinox - 2850 passengers x 365 cruising days/year = over $1,000,000 in 1 year - wouldn't that be enough to improve the site!? Thats just one ship.

(I realize not all ships are full all the time, so my numbers are really meaningless... just making a point that they should have the resources to pay to fix this darn site!) [emoji12]

I'm sure the cruise line has web maintenance built into their fare. The problem with the airlines now that they added the fuel surcharge, as soon as the price of fuel went down they kept the additional fee but changed the wording to just surcharge.

I laugh at the replies if you email a question. Is it the first day on the job for everyone? Asking what should be a simple question: " what is the minimum cash deposit required for setting up an on board account at the beginning of a seven day cruise?" Reply I got: "I think you can". Well that answers the question asked very well.

We've given up trying to maneuver this website. I cannot believe how ridiculously stupid it is! Cruises disappear and reappear at will. Going "back" is near impossible...you have to start all over again. If we decide to book a Celebrity cruise, I'll have to call them (oh, God help me) to get it done.

We've given up trying to maneuver this website...Going "back" is near impossible...you have to start all over again.

I noticed this as well and wonder why - I'm not an IT person, but I'd be interested to know why you can't maneuver backwards in a search?

I am afraid this website is getting worse.. I can't even bring up my reservation to add dinner packages etc. Says I am locked out. It shows my reservation but I can't access it. If I wasn't aware of all the problems by reading these posts I'd be tearing my hair out. I have never encountered such an inept website. They must be losing lots of $ by frustrated customers. Unbelievable.

A cruise on the Staten Island Ferry would be better than the website....

So would a cruise on the garbage scow! LOL My upcoming cruise that leaves in 20 days still says when I'm logged in that I must complete pending items before checking in. It doesn't mention what those items are, and they can't be too pressing since I checked in, printed my Xpress pass, E-docs and received by luggage tags (all accomplished by NOT LOGGING IN).

Another example of useless information.

UK website, I logged in to MyCelebrity and it shows the details of my next cruise - great!! It then gives me the option to ask for help planning - I dialled the number and a recorded message stated: "The number you have dialled has not been recognised"

Glad I didn't need the help badly! I just wanted to made dining reservations.

NEED HELP PLANNING?

I don't think throwing money at the problem is the issue. I think Celebrity has thrown a lot of money at the problem, at least if they hired Accenture to fix the website, they have. What they haven't done is hire competent people who understand websites and cruising. I repeat what I've said before, if their target demographic is Millennials, they had better get their act together. Said group expects high functioning websites as a matter of course. They will go elsewhere if they don't find that.

I use a travel agent. I don't have the patience to deal with Celebrity's terrible website.

Celebrity's AWFUL website / people's frustrations were kicked around here, ( endlessly ), 4-5 yrs ago when I did a few cruises.

Just one of the reasons I never booked again....... and moved on, to a Better Line.

Which line do you feel is better?

Although the website may be problematic, I don't feel this is in any way reflective of the (amazing) celebrity cruise experience.